Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #16
penni520
Mouseketeer

I am here

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
penni520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #17
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey, just saw that your TR was up! Not first page, but second will do!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #18
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Ready!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
WooHoo! First??

edited... YES I AM!!!

Oh yeah, I'm so here!

edited again... Beautiful opening picture of you two!

one more edit...Hey! I just had to return the favor, our 7 day trip went to 11 on your advice!
Yay! You win the prize of.....nothing!

Yep, it was easy to add days. I think we were a bad influence on each other...or maybe that was a good influence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
SECOND!
Woo HOO!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Third!

Jill in CO
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Fourth
You made it to the first page. You go guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm here!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Hi
Hello and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
here!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmom10 View Post
Looking forward to this one��
Thanks. I have a lot to tell. It was so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
I'm here, I'm here!
Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm here!
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I'm in!
You must be caust up again to see my bat light out. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
I'm here....joining from Nov FB group!
Welcome. I hope to get more up today. I have been opnline shop[ping this morning....I need to put the credit card away and do something els.e

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am in Jen!
Now going back to read!

And I made page 1!
You JUST made it. I still haven't even started catching up on yours yet. I am amazed at how fast you can catch up and subscribed to the new one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
I am here
Hello Penni! How you had a fabulous Thanksgiving with your grand baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Hey, just saw that your TR was up! Not first page, but second will do!
Hello! Second is always good too! I just decided last night I should at least get it started, even if it isn't much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Ready!
Set...go! Hello Nikki!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 1, 2012, Thursday

Today was the day….the day we had been looking forward to for so long. But it was a busy day too.
Claire had to go to school today. Of course she tried to figure ways to be able to stay home and help, but I wasn’t going to fall for it. I had a lot to do, actually the whole week had been busy, so it was more helpful for me for her to be away from the action.

The night before had been Halloween. I worked hard that day to get as much ready as possible before we left for the big trick or treating extravaganza.
Claire was a “nice” vampire. So nice that she refused to put in her teeth. Even for pictures. We went with some friends and here is a picture of the kids.

So with a sugar and Disney high, I sent her off to school. That poor teacher.

I had a project I had to finish and deliver before I could leave, so I spent my morning on that and then loaded my car up with luggage.

Before I knew it, it was 2:30 and time to pick Claire up. She was beyond excited…and so was I.

We went home and changed her clothes and had a little time to waste before leaving. We couldn’t leave too early or we would get to my sister’s house before she was home from work.
I told Claire to be sure she put on her white tennis shoes, as those were going to be her main park shoes for the trip.

We said our good byes to Skip and lots of hugs and kisses were given. He acts like he is Mr. Cool, but I know he was going to miss us.

I think we hit the road around 3:30ish, give or take.
This was going to be boring. Within 10 minutes, Claire asked how much longer. LOL She had her ipod and played with that for most of the trip and I had “Mocking Jay” (the last book in the Hunger Game series) on CD, so that kept us both occupied.

Not too far out of the Toledo area we ran over something. It appeared to be just a piece of rubber road “stuff” sticking up. All the cars were running over it and when I saw it I quickly tried to avoid it by having it go down the middle of my car. It looked harmless, but you never know. Well my car made a horrible noise when we went over it. I was surprised because I didn’t appear to hit it with my tire. A few curse words “might” have escaped my mouth and I told Claire that I sure hope we don’t get a flat tire as we had a long ways to go yet. Things kept running smoothly after that and no flat tires appeared while driving. Thank goodness!

As we go closer, my sister Amanda called and said she was on her way home from work. I think we still had about 45 minutes to go, but we were assured she would be there when we got there.

As we got closer, we thought about using the bathroom, but we decided we could make it. Claire was more interested in finding a McDonalds anyways. I told her no, because we had a dinner date a little later that evening.

We arrived at Amanda’s and used the potty and sat and relaxed a little bit. Claire was talking a mile a minute with Amanda.

I pulled out my kindle to check out what was happening in the real world ….aka facebook. LOL

I was sitting in a chair and just looked up and my glance fell on Claire’s shoes sitting on the floor ……and it clicked. Claire had her school shoes with her, which meant the white tennis shoes were still sitting on the floor in my living room. UGH!
I quickly panicked. “Where are your tennis shoes?” She swears I never told her to put them on, yet I know I told her at least 3 times. Plus she had known for weeks that those shoes were what we planned to wear “on the plane”. So a quick trip to Target was in order before our dinner date.

We found the exact same shoes that she has at home and they were purchased and luckily didn’t break the bank. We also picked up some headphones for her ipod since I did leave those at home in another bag. I just never thought about it till we were on the road and I kept hearing the ipod noises.

Next stop was the Cheesecake Factory.

I visited one for the first time in Florida last year and I was hooked. Boy that food is darn good.

When I realized my sister lived right down the road from one I insisted we eat here tonight. We were also meeting a Dis/facebook friend, Carrie, here too. She said she likes any excuse to come there as well.
We arrived a little earlier than planned so I texted Carrie and let her know we had arrived and were seated and to just ask for the Jennifer table.

This actually worked out really well for me. I have to admit, I wasn’t sure exactly what Carrie looked like …..because she doesn’t post many pictures of herself online ……shame on you Carrie. I knew she would probably recognize me first, since I am kind of unusual, LOL, but this worked out great.
She was brought to our table soon after we arrived and we introduced her to Amanda and Claire and we all chatted. She was really easy to talk to and a big Disney fan as well.

We soon were brought bread, which was really good, and Claire devoured a lot of it.

Then we settled in to make our dinner choices.

Last edited by jenseib; 11-23-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #21
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Mmmmmm the nachos at the Cheesecake Factory are the BEST!!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #22
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm gonna go with good influence!

I don't know she made it through school, she must have been bouncing off the walls! That's why she never heard you about her shoes! Tuned out is what I call it.

Cheesecake Factory. Mmmmmm. I've eaten there once in my life and I think it's been one of the best meals I've ever had in my life!

Bad road way debris!!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #23
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Mmmmmm the nachos at the Cheesecake Factory are the BEST!!!
I did not know that, but I will make myself try those in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm gonna go with good influence!

I don't know she made it through school, she must have been bouncing off the walls! That's why she never heard you about her shoes! Tuned out is what I call it.

Cheesecake Factory. Mmmmmm. I've eaten there once in my life and I think it's been one of the best meals I've ever had in my life!

Bad road way debris!!
I know, I am such a mean Mom. But she was going to miss so much school as it was, I had to get in every last bit before we left.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #24
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You are on the way ............. I take my hat off to you for already starting your TR. I still need to start mine for DLRP.
I guess the Cheesecake Factory in Orlando is in our future, since you seem to like it so much.
I remember the school shoe "drama" from facebook. Great it was so easily resolved. Can't wait for more.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #25
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You made it to the first page. You go guy!
To be honest, my original post was First, but then I saw 3 others before me and thought I should change it so I didn't look like a complete moron.

How can you forget your kids shoes for vacation though???

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #26
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You are on the way ............. I take my hat off to you for already starting your TR. I still need to start mine for DLRP.
I guess the Cheesecake Factory in Orlando is in our future, since you seem to like it so much.
I remember the school shoe "drama" from facebook. Great it was so easily resolved. Can't wait for more.
Well you are keeping up with Dis..I on the otherhand have not been doing so good with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
To be honest, my original post was First, but then I saw 3 others before me and thought I should change it so I didn't look like a complete moron.

How can you forget your kids shoes for vacation though???

Now I didn't forget them...the 7 year old did! I just didn't do a last check.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #27
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I lurked on your PTR and I am so excited this TR has started.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #29
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I lurked on your PTR and I am so excited this TR has started.

Me too! I'm subbed and ready for more!

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #30
BEARCATS07
Mouseketeer

I'm in!! The Cheesecake Factory is absolutly delish. We have two in our area but do not get their often enough.
BEARCATS07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: