Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #2836
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I want to go to IKEA in Boston on Sunday to get felt food and things for the kitchen I'm getting the girls for Xmas- they are having a 50% off soft toy sale so I think I might wait- would hate to drive all the way there and it be out of stock... Thinking the weekend after vacation instead!
I wished I had purchased the yummy candles they had at IKEA when we were in Chicago a couple weeks ago. They were only $5 but I didn't want to lug them around. Duh. That's pretty cheap! I have to work tomorrow. I did bake a turkey breast yesterday and we had dinner at my sisters today. I made my turkey stock and strained it all so no bones.....I guess tomorrow I'll make some yummy soup or turkey and noodles.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #2837
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I wished I had purchased the yummy candles they had at IKEA when we were in Chicago a couple weeks ago. They were only $5 but I didn't want to lug them around. Duh. That's pretty cheap! I have to work tomorrow. I did bake a turkey breast yesterday and we had dinner at my sisters today. I made my turkey stock and strained it all so no bones.....I guess tomorrow I'll make some yummy soup or turkey and noodles.
I don't work Fridays but DH is working. Should be a fun day for him.

I will be packing and exercising tomorrow! I also might pop out and get my sis a tree for her Xmas present... However it will be later in the afternoon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #2838
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
way too much food today!
I'm doing some online shopping - some of the sales have already started. I'm debating going out tomorrow. There's one item for DD that I want and it's not available online. But I'd need to go to the mall
eeek! I wouldn't want to go anywhere near the mall tomorrow. Well unless you go around lunch time....most all nighters should be home by then, lol.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #2839
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
Is everyone asleep in a food coma? Tryptophan overdose?
Oh, we had our food coma nap earlier in the day. We headed out to Target at 7:00 and just got dine unloading and fawning over all our purchases. I'm amazed at how calm and great the experience was compared to some of our past outings! No pushing, shoving, running, rude behavior or anything unpleasant. We got 2 Nooks for $49 each, a new aero bed for $49, a 3 piece ottoman set for mom for less than half the normal price, and, my personal favorite - an Xbox with Kinect that came with the Disneyland game for $199! AND we were in and out of there in 20 minutes!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #2840
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
DD made a little Thanksgiving treat I thought I'd share :-)

Hope you're all having a fun and thankful day
These are gorgeous!
Quote:
There is a separate line at each resort for those who already checked in online. In theory it should be shorter but I think it really comes down to how many people arrive at a given time and have done online checkin vs not. Basically they already have all your info from checking in online so they just need to give you your paperwork, KTTW cards, etc

I won't do it this time because I'd like to have the option to have a CM move our rooms closer together if my parents don't end up near us. We did mark that on our original reservation but you never know.
I'm kind of leaning towards not checking in online for both our reservations for the same reason ... the first night we have two studios, and I'm hoping they'll be near enough to each other that we'll be able to get on the same bus in the morning to the parks (OKW), didn't want to have the owner make a special call since he'd already gone to so much trouble for us, so I'll probably call OKW in advance. For our BLT 2 bdr reservation I'm hoping for a high floor, even number, so if we don't get at least a high floor I'm hoping to ask for a different room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Can you get airfare some other way? I rarely pay for flights. My Chase card has reward points. They can be used for anything but go the farthest on flights. I had enough this time for 3 of 4.
This year I used a combination of Alaska Airlines companion fare for me and DS, a credit DH had from a flight they screwed up earlier in the year, plus miles and credit from Southwest so we got airfare from Hawaii to MCO for under $1300 OOP for all three of us. I have some Southwest miles leftover, probably enough for 2 more tickets from the West Coast but the Hawaii/West Coast part is more difficult since the free companion certificate won't drop in until August, plus I have that earmarked for a Disneyland trip in December ...

Maybe I'll get lucky and Alaska will do something to mess up our return flight and give us another giant chunk of credit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
I'm still sitting around the table at the DBF's parents.

We'll head home soon, I hope. I'm sleepy and the conversation is quite boring. Besides it's in a different language that I don't speak.
What language do they speak? Sometimes I feel that way about my family, even though its mainly that they're speaking 80-year-old language, lots of complaining about their bodies not working properly anymore ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
Oh, we had our food coma nap earlier in the day. We headed out to Target at 7:00 and just got dine unloading and fawning over all our purchases. I'm amazed at how calm and great the experience was compared to some of our past outings! No pushing, shoving, running, rude behavior or anything unpleasant. We got 2 Nooks for $49 each, a new aero bed for $49, a 3 piece ottoman set for mom for less than half the normal price, and, my personal favorite - an Xbox with Kinect that came with the Disneyland game for $199! AND we were in and out of there in 20 minutes!
Ooh, that Xbox deal is what has me almost tempted to shop tomorrow. Although the best I saw didn't have the Disneyland game (some game I didn't want), and was $250 ... wonder if cyber Monday will have something similar to what you got! I'm just hoping DH will order my present on Monday if Chromebooks go on sale ...
Congrats on those shopping deals!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #2841
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Btw, Destructsean, in your copious amounts of spare time between now and the wedding ... or if you just need a plane book, I highly recommend Elizabeth Gilbert's Committed: A love story. My DH really enjoyed it when it came out around the time we got married, so its not totally girly (oddly enough, I just left my library copy on the nightstand and he picked it up and read a few paragraphs himself and got hooked ... I don't usually read contemporary biographies, but in my profession I feel like I should have a feel for some of the "hot" authors and she was selling copies of Eat Pray Love like crazy at the time).

Its an interesting love story as it starts out with her talking about not wanting to get married as she and her partner had previously both gone through terrible divorces, but they had to if they wanted to live together due to citizenship issues, so they're essentially forced to marry and how she comes to terms with the idea of marriage, by looking at its history. Basically she's writes like a social anthropologist with some excellent skills at prose. Its kind of a neat way to look at the larger implications of what it really means to be married in our society now.

Okay, done with the stuff now ... back to the regularly scheduled Disney chat.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #2842
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren

What language do they speak? Sometimes I feel that way about my family, even though its mainly that they're speaking 80-year-old language, lots of complaining about their bodies not working properly anymore ...
They speak Farsi. Even though I'm trying to learn it, my vocabulary is limited to animals, numbers and the days of the week. I do want to say that they aren't intentionally being rude, his grandmother doesn't speak much English and Farsi is their first language (except DBF). He does translate some things, and if I'm being asked a question they do all ask me in English. I just get frustrated sometimes.

What language does your family speak?

Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #2843
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Good morning all!! I hope those of you who went shopping got what you were looking for.

I have today off and I'm still awake at my usual time. We have no plans to go shopping, except a quick stop at the grocery.

16 days until we leave. I'm in that I don't really have anything else I can do stage. But I feel like I should be doing something.

Taaren - thanks for recommending that book. I think I'll see if the library has it.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #2844
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Gooooood Moooooorrrrnnning December DIS'ers!

So in one week from this very moment, I should be in the air on my way to warm, sunny (yes I am talking to you mother nature... you heard me right it will be sunny) WDW!!! I am very excited. So I got the great news that SIL&BIL will be there from Saturday evening until Wednesday morning!!

Her birthday is on the 7th (a few days after they leave) but trying to think up a nice surprise other than cake. Might have to sit down with DH at somepoint and figure it out.

So now that in a week I will be on my way I really need to get myself motivated. By Sunday I plan on having everything packed (minus things like DD's small blankets, sleeping loveys, some toiletries etc) House will be cleaned top to bottom and my travel packet (tickets, vouchers, etc)

However I am feeling sick So is DH... I'm congested and my sinus hurts. Here is to hoping it goes away quickly and my DD's don't get sick.... I almost want to keep DD3 out of preschool this week because of all the germs!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #2845
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
Btw, Destructsean, in your copious amounts of spare time between now and the wedding ... or if you just need a plane book, I highly recommend Elizabeth Gilbert's Committed: A love story. My DH really enjoyed it when it came out around the time we got married, so its not totally girly (oddly enough, I just left my library copy on the nightstand and he picked it up and read a few paragraphs himself and got hooked ... I don't usually read contemporary biographies, but in my profession I feel like I should have a feel for some of the "hot" authors and she was selling copies of Eat Pray Love like crazy at the time).

Its an interesting love story as it starts out with her talking about not wanting to get married as she and her partner had previously both gone through terrible divorces, but they had to if they wanted to live together due to citizenship issues, so they're essentially forced to marry and how she comes to terms with the idea of marriage, by looking at its history. Basically she's writes like a social anthropologist with some excellent skills at prose. Its kind of a neat way to look at the larger implications of what it really means to be married in our society now.

I really like her writing style. Eat Pray Love is a good book, and I've been meaning to get/borrow this one. Thanks for the reminder :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #2846
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Gooooood Moooooorrrrnnning December DIS'ers!

So in one week from this very moment, I should be in the air on my way to warm, sunny (yes I am talking to you mother nature... you heard me right it will be sunny) WDW!!! I am very excited. So I got the great news that SIL&BIL will be there from Saturday evening until Wednesday morning!!

Her birthday is on the 7th (a few days after they leave) but trying to think up a nice surprise other than cake. Might have to sit down with DH at somepoint and figure it out.

So now that in a week I will be on my way I really need to get myself motivated. By Sunday I plan on having everything packed (minus things like DD's small blankets, sleeping loveys, some toiletries etc) House will be cleaned top to bottom and my travel packet (tickets, vouchers, etc)

However I am feeling sick So is DH... I'm congested and my sinus hurts. Here is to hoping it goes away quickly and my DD's don't get sick.... I almost want to keep DD3 out of preschool this week because of all the germs!
Yay that your SIL & BIL can make it!

Wow, I can't believe our trips are really upon us! Craxy. And getting really excited

I hope you shake off whatever's got you feeling bad. No illness at Disney! Get lots of rest and drink lots of water. Feel better!

Yay

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #2847
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post

Thanks! I'll make sure to inform my fiance of this as well,s he reads much more than I do. She's always looking for her next book. We'll definitely check it out.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #2848
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay that your SIL & BIL can make it!

Wow, I can't believe our trips are really upon us! Craxy. And getting really excited

Yay
I am so excited about SIL & BIL.... Best part is my MIL has absolutely no idea!!! We haven't seen them in about 6.5 years and its been about a year for my MIL.... Thats another thing I need to do is figure out how to surprise her as well...

I am so excited for our trips!! I really do need to get organized. I think now that Thanksgiving is over, some of the hullabaloo is done at DH's work (although if he wins this divisional contest that means more craziness until we go to WDW) I got a good house cleaning in for the holiday I can focus on some of this other stuff... Like packing!!

So has anyone found good online deals or coupons? I am buying a kitchen for DD's this year and So far it's not really on sale. I want a "wooden" kitchen (i understand its pressboard) and found a woodsy whimsical one by KidKraft - I was hoping to find a sale on it somewhere but no luck with Amazon, Walmart, Yoyo.com etc.... In the end the fairy and whimsical feel will be better than the ones I see for $30 less...
Old 11-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #2849
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone.

Hopefully everyone is recovering nicely from their food comas.

Back at work for one more day. Hopefully all is smooth and easy today.

I was informed that tomorrow is my bachelor party, and I'm to be ready at 8am.

That's the extent of the information I've been given.

Nervous...

Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #2850
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Good morning everyone.

Hopefully everyone is recovering nicely from their food comas.

Back at work for one more day. Hopefully all is smooth and easy today.

I was informed that tomorrow is my bachelor party, and I'm to be ready at 8am.

That's the extent of the information I've been given.

Nervous...

Haha Good luck!! How are you guys doing with wedding prep? What day is your wedding again? I'd like to say that your vacation begins tomorrow but I think that is going to have to wait until after your wedding - because from the sounds of it a lot of work was done by you and your fiance....
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: