Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

As point of clarification, OP means this past summer, since the Fantasy didn't start sailing until March 2012.

Not sure if this info will be helpful, as I know GTY rates are different than the IGT/OGT rates, but we secured a GTY rate for August 18, 2012 (booked April 2011) of $4875.00, Category 9B - Oceanview Stateroom, Western Caribbean, 2 adults & 2 children under 9 yrs old.

As another point of clarification, we were given our stateroom at time of booking and it remained as such. We paid deposit and paid in full was due June 1, 2012.

Hope this helps, Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926
As point of clarification, OP means this past summer, since the Fantasy didn't start sailing until March 2012.

Not sure if this info will be helpful, as I know GTY rates are different than the IGT/OGT rates, but we secured a GTY rate for August 18, 2012 (booked April 2011) of $4875.00, Category 9B - Oceanview Stateroom, Western Caribbean, 2 adults & 2 children under 9 yrs old.

As another point of clarification, we were given our stateroom at time of booking and it remained as such. We paid deposit and paid in full was due June 1, 2012.

Hope this helps, Tiger
The GTY rate is not a discounted rate. All that means is that by the time you booked they couldn't assign you a specific cabin number. You still paid the same price as someone who booked the 9B that same day and but happened to get a number. The *GT rate is significantly reduced from the regular rate an is normally only available after the PIF date. No room number is assigned and if a person books an OGT rate cabin they can be assigned any ocean view cabin in any category (or sometimes higher) while you guys were going to get a 9B specifically (occ ppl get a higher cabin cat there too but it's not as common).
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
The GTY rate is not a discounted rate. All that means is that by the time you booked they couldn't assign you a specific cabin number. You still paid the same price as someone who booked the 9B that same day and but happened to get a number. The *GT rate is significantly reduced from the regular rate an is normally only available after the PIF date. No room number is assigned and if a person books an OGT rate cabin they can be assigned any ocean view cabin in any category (or sometimes higher) while you guys were going to get a 9B specifically (occ ppl get a higher cabin cat there too but it's not as common).
Hmmm...I just checked back through my notes, and there were non-GTY rates for the same cabin categories, and they were more money that what we paid. I thought there was a discount on those rooms. We did get assigned a specific cabin number - from the moment we booked, we had our cabin number.

Sorry as I didn't mean to add confusion, as I thought the GTY rates were a bit discounted, so didn't know if anyone could use our numbers for point of comparison.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926

Hmmm...I just checked back through my notes, and there were non-GTY rates for the same cabin categories, and they were more money that what we paid. I thought there was a discount on those rooms. We did get assigned a specific cabin number - from the moment we booked, we had our cabin number.

Sorry as I didn't mean to add confusion, as I thought the GTY rates were a bit discounted, so didn't know if anyone could use our numbers for point of comparison.

Tiger
I don't understand what you got then. Anytime a cabin number is not assigned the reservation will say GTY. My VGT said GTY until I got my assignment at about 16 days out. My cat 11C non- discounted rate said GTY until cabin assignment at about 50 days out. Maybe you had another discount? Military? Resident? Other? The only discount I've booked is a *GT rate and *GT rates never have a category (i.e. 11C, 9B, etc). They are just IGT, OGT or VGT. They all will also say GTY also though until the cabin is assigned.

Did you originally book a 9B?
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #20
Bear3412
DIS Veteran
 
Bear3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 4,374

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I don't understand what you got then. Anytime a cabin number is not assigned the reservation will say GTY. My VGT said GTY until I got my assignment at about 16 days out. My cat 11C non- discounted rate said GTY until cabin assignment at about 50 days out. Maybe you had another discount? Military? Resident? Other? The only discount I've booked is a *GT rate and *GT rates never have a category (i.e. 11C, 9B, etc). They are just IGT, OGT or VGT. They all will also say GTY also though until the cabin is assigned.

Did you originally book a 9B?
This is the first I've heard of this. No wonder folks are confusing the GTY and *GT.
So what does a *GT say on the ressie online after cabin assignment?
Does a GTY booking still indicate GTY online after cabin assignment?
TIA
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #21
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
This is the first I've heard of this. No wonder folks are confusing the GTY and *GT.
So what does a *GT say on the ressie online after cabin assignment?
Mine said VGT, GTY.
Does a GTY booking still indicate GTY online after cabin assignment?
No, the GTY part goes away and is replaced by the cabin number.
TIA
Answered above in the quote....
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran
 
heatherbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 1,298

I was watching the August 12 Fantasy prices last year. The fantasy prices for August sailings, the 24/8 happened in June. The cabin had to be paid for in full, no changes, no refunds.

Around a month later, the earlier dates for August also became open to the No refund, no change no cancellation pay in full rate.

The rates were similar to those quoted on the opening price thread, for 2012.
__________________
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
heatherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
elcasar
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 98

i think we paid about 7,000 combined for two VGT rooms on the fantasy last June (it was the June 23rd western caribbean if i remember the date correctly). we were two adults, two kids aged 3, and one baby aged 1. we booked one adult and one child in one vgt room, and one adult, one child, and one baby in the other vgt room. we got assigned connecting category 5b's. it was a blast. miss it. we booked it about 50ish days out.
elcasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcasar
i think we paid about 7,000 combined for two VGT rooms on the fantasy last June (it was the June 23rd western caribbean if i remember the date correctly). we were two adults, two kids aged 3, and one baby aged 1. we booked one adult and one child in one vgt room, and one adult, one child, and one baby in the other vgt room. we got assigned connecting category 5b's. it was a blast. miss it. we booked it about 50ish days out.
Now that's a decent price.
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I don't understand what you got then. Anytime a cabin number is not assigned the reservation will say GTY. My VGT said GTY until I got my assignment at about 16 days out. My cat 11C non- discounted rate said GTY until cabin assignment at about 50 days out. Maybe you had another discount? Military? Resident? Other? The only discount I've booked is a *GT rate and *GT rates never have a category (i.e. 11C, 9B, etc). They are just IGT, OGT or VGT. They all will also say GTY also though until the cabin is assigned.

Did you originally book a 9B?
Ok, this is the weirdest thing ever...

I booked online a GTY room Category 9A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom, April 2011 @ 1:37 pm - no stateroom listed, just as you stated. $4987.00

10 mins later @ 1:47 pm, I received a second email for room Category 9B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom #2036. $4875.00.

I never noticed this before, and have no idea what happened!!! I can't believe neither I nor my TA noticed this.

I don't know what happened...? So in trying to help others on here, I have now noticed some weird thing happened with my reservation.

Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 11-22-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #26
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926

Ok, this is the weirdest thing ever...

I booked online a GTY room Category 9A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom, April 2011 @ 1:37 pm - no stateroom listed, just as you stated. $4987.00

10 mins later @ 1:47 pm, I received a second email for room Category 9B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom #2036. $4875.00.

I never noticed this before, and have no idea what happened!!! I can't believe neither I nor my TA noticed this.

I don't know what happened...? So in trying to help others on here, I have now noticed some weird thing happened with my reservation.

Tiger
Were you on the Dream? If so, could it be that you were booked when they changed categories soon after it started to sail?
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Were you on the Dream? If so, could it be that you were booked when they changed categories soon after it started to sail?
Nope, as I stated I was on the Fantasy.

We aren't sure what happened at all! Very interesting.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #28
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
luv2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Nope, as I stated I was on the Fantasy.

We aren't sure what happened at all! Very interesting.

Tiger
Oh well. Who knows. It's a mystery!
__________________
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.