Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #181
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

I'm not alone

Before I was married my family went to DisneyLand every summer. My husband had no idea how much I would miss disney. After the 1st summer of being unble to go to disney(AKA I was 8 mo. Pergent) My husband told me We would go to DisneyWorld!!! instead. After the baby was born. I got so excited my water broke soon after he told me. Now my family teases me about having to baby early so I could to go to disney. ( Baby was "Perfect in every way") So mine is

# ??? You get so excited your water breaks.

Also now we are planning on having another baby, but we want to go to disney before we try agian.

# ??? You plan your child's brith around disney trips.
Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #182
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
wow this thread is hilarious...my mom says I shoud be a Disney travel agent...lol...

I live an hour from Disney...so I'm always thinknig of disney...that's just it...my sons father calls me a dork...says I love mickey mouse more than him..I said heck yea I do...and can you give me some more money so we can go see him again!! lol

I think I talk to someone every day about disney..I don't know how that happens..but it does...

Everytime I see something with Mickey/Minnie/Cars I want to buy...

I actually like watching Disney Channel all day...and why is Phineas and Ferb my favorite cartoon!

I try to do anything Disney related: go to see disney movies...going to see Mary Poppins live in June 2010...etc etc..

My mother is just as addicted...and so is her husband.
Phineas and Ferb is one of my favorites too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I thought this was an addiction only I had....glad to see there are other addicts out there too

The top 10 sums it up for me. However I have several others:

Entire Disney scrapbooks are completed (3 of resorts, one of Disney cruise) before finishing any of my kids albums!!!

Planning my next trip before I have even left the resort to go home.

Threatening my hubby that if he should lose his job (god forbid) we are selling our house in MA and moving to FL just to be closer to the mouse.

Trying to figure out a way to go there several times a year, even though we can't afford it!!!!
I am very guilty of starting to plan my next trip before we leave our current trip I love to check out restuarants we could go next time and resorts we might stay at
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviper View Post
You know you are addicted when...

...(like me) all you passwords at work are Disney "themed".

...you re-read Walt Disney biographies because everything else is boring.

...you have turned a "once in a lifetime" trip into an annual family vacation YES well put

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #183
MouseloverJD
Mouseketeer

I don't use abbreviations but do get strange looks when I tell people I'm going back to Disney. Many don't understand the fascination, especially since I don't have any kids.
2010 - WDW, Pop
2011 (May) - WDW, ASMu

2011 (Dec) - WDW, Pop
2012 (May & Oct & Dec) - WDW, CBR, Pop, AKL
2013 (May & Dec) - WDW, Pop (2x)
MouseloverJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #184
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDisneyFan View Post
I agree! My coworkers are always asking me when we are going back again. Luckily I always have a date! I think that they think I am crazy, but I think that they just haven't experienced enough Disney!

Laura
Mine too! It changed from "You're going to Disney again? Aren't you sick of it?" from friends and family to "So, when is your next trip?" They know it's just a given!

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
November 2014
MelanieRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:25 AM   #185
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
Mine too! It changed from "You're going to Disney again? Aren't you sick of it?" from friends and family to "So, when is your next trip?" They know it's just a given!
Same here

disneylovin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #186
captainj
Mouseketeer

OMG! OMG! OMG! I have to show this to you guys!! My birthday was Sunday and my DH was really upset because his gift for me wasn't finished yet. He is a wire jewelry artist and he has been incredibly busy lately. ANYWAY, I just got my birthday gift and I am in tears!!

Do you recognize that red Mickey head inside??

Yep, it is confetti from our last night in Disney at the Wishes Dessert Party! DH had collected it off of the table when I wasn't looking to make me a pendant with! He even put a hidden Mickey in the bail (not really hidden, but you know what I mean!)

He usually makes pendants from people's flowers (prom, wedding, funerals, etc.) but said he didn't want to get arrested for picking flowers in Disney World!

Anyway, he is the sweetest DH in the world (right now) and I had to share with everyone I know who will appreciate it!

Current Trip-Going back for Mason's Double Digit Birthday!

captainj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #187
karen l
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainj View Post
OMG! OMG! OMG! I have to show this to you guys!! My birthday was Sunday and my DH was really upset because his gift for me wasn't finished yet. He is a wire jewelry artist and he has been incredibly busy lately. ANYWAY, I just got my birthday gift and I am in tears!!

Yep, it is confetti from our last night in Disney at the Wishes Dessert Party! DH had collected it off of the table when I wasn't looking to make me a pendant with! He even put a hidden Mickey in the bail (not really hidden, but you know what I mean!)

He usually makes pendants from people's flowers (prom, wedding, funerals, etc.) but said he didn't want to get arrested for picking flowers in Disney World!

Anyway, he is the sweetest DH in the world (right now) and I had to share with everyone I know who will appreciate it!

What a thoughtful & beautiful gift! You have a wonderful husband.
PS Happy belated birthday!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #188
IndyDisneyFan
I want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainj View Post

That is beautiful, amazing, and what a treasure! He could probably make a ton of money selling those on ebay! Hope you had a magical birthday!

Laura
2002- Music, Movies, Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort
2003- Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Sports, Coronado Springs
2004- Contemporary Resort, Polynesian Resort
2005- Disney Wonder, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary Resort, Caribbean Beach
2006- Disney Magic, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, All Star Music
2007- Beach Club, Disney Magic, Saratoga Springs, Disneyland, Polynesian, Disney Wonder, Wilderness Villas
2008- Polynesian, Disney Magic X 2, POFQ, Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge
2009- Port Orleans FQ, Disney Magic X 2, Poly, Pop Century, Animal Kindom Lodge, Contemporary
2010- Port Orleans FQ, Disney Magic, Beach Club Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Wonder, Polynesian
2011- Grand Floridian, Contemporary, French Quarter, Polynesian
2012- Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic, Old Key West, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Wonder (Hawaii), POFQ
2013- POFQ, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel
2014- Disney Wonder, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge
IndyDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #189
MouseloverJD
Mouseketeer

That's beautiful

Your husband sounds like a very thoughtful guy. Happy belated birthday.
2010 - WDW, Pop
2011 (May) - WDW, ASMu

2011 (Dec) - WDW, Pop
2012 (May & Oct & Dec) - WDW, CBR, Pop, AKL
2013 (May & Dec) - WDW, Pop (2x)
MouseloverJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #190
KYCruiseCrazy
I'll be drooling and dreaming
Never know how the pixie dust will fall
Keep a look out for a white kia with a DCL antenna topper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviper View Post
You know you are addicted when...
you have turned a "once in a lifetime" trip into an annual family vacation
sounds like my family!! my brother on the other hand did it once and that was enough!!
KYCruiseCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #191
teal12hearts
Earning My Ears

I can completely relate!

I went to disneyland on Monday and again on Wednesday and am already begging my dad to take me back.

# when you are driving down ball road on your way to disneyland and peaking over the buildings to try to get a peek of Matterhorn or cars land rocks.
# leaving the parking structure and stare at mickeys fun wheel for as long as you can, trying to soak it all in lol
# beg your family members to stay longer that day by saying "just one more ride!!!"

I always say once you have annual passes there is no going back. I could not imagine going back to trips only twice a year, I go twice a week!!!
teal12hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #192
tjspencer
Earning My Ears

addicted to disney

YOu know you're addicted when you listen to wdw park music on your computer all day long.
tjspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #193
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspencer View Post
YOu know you're addicted when you listen to wdw park music on your computer all day long.
...and a different weekly podcast each day to and from work, and you compulsively check WDW Info for news each morning when you get up and again just as you settle down to sleep...

BUT...

The biggest tip off for me was that I had to cancel my 50th birthday celebration due to financial reasons and after falling into a deep mellow sadness, my dear sweet, "I-would-be-very-happy-never-to-go-back-to-Disney-again-in-my-life" husband found the resources to salvage our trip. I loved him with all my heart before, but after this there's a whole new depth to my love for this man!

Ft. Wilderness April 2015 Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #194
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
This is me too

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #195
pixieprincess72
Making Magical Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimis View Post
I love this. I am not crazy!!!! My family thinks I am but I am not crazy!!! How about these.....
*****you find a way to bring disney into every conversation you have with
everyone that will talk to you
*****you dream up jobs at disney for your entire family so you all can move
to the happiest place on earth
This is so me!!
Offsite (March 2005) WL (July 2006) GF (July 2007) YC (May 2008) Disneyland (March 2009) YC (June 2011) Offsite (April 2012) BC/Swan (April 2013) CSR (May 2013) AoA (Sept 2013) POR (Oct 2013) POP & WL (NYE 2013-14) COMING SOON: VGF & AKV (May 2014)

pixieprincess72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: