Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #271
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I have just rechecked the general ticketing/upgrade rules and have seen nothing which talks about upgrading an unused ticket to an AP Certificate. And this is nothing that would either allow or forbid the action.

If a person were to come to my window I would be able to do it. However I would have to use the original price that Disney Ticket Operations sold the ticket for, which might be less than what you paid for the ticket.
Thanks so much for checking! If they don't upgrade the tickets, I'll just save them for another year.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #272
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

This may have already been answered (skimming the thread), but if we bought three PAP vouchers and didn't activate them until October 2013, they'd still be good until roughly the same date in October 2014, correct? I know the voucher has to be redeemed by Dec. 31, 2013, but I just wanted to make sure the pass itself was good from the activation date for one year (not expiring on Dec. 31, 2013). Can you please confirm?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #273
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy_joe View Post
This may have already been answered (skimming the thread), but if we bought three PAP vouchers and didn't activate them until October 2013, they'd still be good until roughly the same date in October 2014, correct? I know the voucher has to be redeemed by Dec. 31, 2013, but I just wanted to make sure the pass itself was good from the activation date for one year (not expiring on Dec. 31, 2013). Can you please confirm?
Yep, that is correct.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #274
carm424
Earning My Ears

Is the MVMCP included with the annual??? I think I know the answer. Just making sure
carm424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #275
castleri
DIS Veteran

I believe that MVMCP tickets are always extra no matter what pass you have. At least I had to buy one a couple of years ago when I had an AP.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #276
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleri View Post
I believe that MVMCP tickets are always extra no matter what pass you have.
Yep. There's an AP discount on the party tickets, which means you do have to buy tickets.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #277
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Here now and at MK yesterday was able to upgrade at no charge our DVC regular annual passes purchased and used in July to the PAP. (No change in expire date of course) We had just purchased a new one for the additional family member with us as well. I asked politely and fully expected to hear no, as we paid more than $399 in July.

The gentleman who was walking when I asked immediately said yes when he thought I had said they had not yet been used, but when I said they had, they called for a supervisor and she came and took care of it for me.

I'm not sure if the policy changed on the over $399 or if I just got a very nice cast member who did something nice for me but wanted to share.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #278
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post
Here now and at MK yesterday was able to upgrade at no charge our DVC regular annual passes purchased and used in July to the PAP. (No change in expire date of course) We had just purchased a new one for the additional family member with us as well. I asked politely and fully expected to hear no, as we paid more than $399 in July.

The gentleman who was walking when I asked immediately said yes when he thought I had said they had not yet been used, but when I said they had, they called for a supervisor and she came and took care of it for me.

I'm not sure if the policy changed on the over $399 or if I just got a very nice cast member who did something nice for me but wanted to share.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Did they give you a refund in the form of a gift card, since you originally paid more than $399?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #279
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Did they give you a refund in the form of a gift card, since you originally paid more than $399?
No refund - even exchange. I didn't care about the price difference as I'd used the cards - I only cared to have them upgraded so I could use the discount and go to DisneyQuest for my son
Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #280
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

So I may be able to upgrade my current DVC APs to a PAP? The price difference is no matter to me...this would be great for our summer trip!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #281
robinb
DIS Veteran

Well, the free passes fell through so I will be buying our PAP certificates in full. BUT ... I have another question. We have regular APs right now that expire on 12/29 and apparently we can upgrade them to the DVC PAPs for free. We might do that depending on if it's warm enough to go to Blizzard Beach. We're from Wisconsin so "warm enough" is relative . Are we limited to only 1 PAP per person on our DVC membership? Can we buy the certificates and also upgrade? I'm OK doing it at different times if we are not allowed to do it all at once and I would certainly buy my certificates first!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #282
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Just have a quick question. My family and I are going to disney next year in August, we got the vouchers for the passes. On the vouchers it says that they can be redeemed right at AK, HS, and Epcot but for Magic Kingdom it says at the TTC. Can we redeem these at guest services outside the MK? It's the park we go to first so it'd be a pain to have to go to the TTC first. Thanks!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

DisneyFaeriePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #283
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Anything related to Park tickets can be done at any of the following locations:

Any Park (including Water Parks) ticket booth. This includes the TTC and International Gateway.

Any Guest Relations Office (GRO) outside the parks. This includes the Water Parks, International Gateway, TTC and DTD.

Any GRO inside the Parks.

Guest Services/Concierge in the Resorts; however they cannot do anything related to Annual Passes. Also the Resort Concierge cannot do anything related to Armed Forces Salute tickets.

This includes "will-call", upgrading any tickets, replacing any tickets, converting an AP voucher to an AP, or selling an AP.

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.

At each Park there will always be at least one ticket window and one outside Guest Relations Office open at least 30 minutes prior to the first Guest being allowed into the Park. This takes into consideration both Morning EMH as well as any pre-opening restaurant reservations. Also, the Guest Relations Office will be open for at least 30 minutes after scheduled Park closing (and this takes into account both Evening EMH as well as any after-hours parties).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #284
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Thank you!! Figured that was the case but just wanted to double check! Thank you again!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

DisneyFaeriePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #285
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Anything related to Park tickets can be done at any of the following locations:

Any Park (including Water Parks) ticket booth. This includes the TTC and International Gateway.

Any Guest Relations Office (GRO) outside the parks. This includes the Water Parks, International Gateway, TTC and DTD.

Any GRO inside the Parks.

Guest Services/Concierge in the Resorts; however they cannot do anything related to Annual Passes. Also the Resort Concierge cannot do anything related to Armed Forces Salute tickets.

This includes "will-call", upgrading any tickets, replacing any tickets, converting an AP voucher to an AP, or selling an AP.

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.

At each Park there will always be at least one ticket window and one outside Guest Relations Office open at least 30 minutes prior to the first Guest being allowed into the Park. This takes into consideration both Morning EMH as well as any pre-opening restaurant reservations. Also, the Guest Relations Office will be open for at least 30 minutes after scheduled Park closing (and this takes into account both Evening EMH as well as any after-hours parties).
So, I'm good to go if I use my expiring 8 day hoppers on Thursday at MK (for the first time), then head to Guest Services, DVC card in hand, and upgrade to the PremAP inside the park at some point?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: