Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters?

For some reason I had thought I read that the Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters were being relocated and not meeting in Camp Minnie-Mickey anymore. I didn't pay that much attention to it because I wasn't going back until next September. Now we are going for a spontaneous trip from 12/2 to 12/8. I've searched for new info on Camp Minnie-Mickey and it sounds like they do meet there still? I hope so, but what is the real information? Can we go see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy on the Camp Minnie-Mickey Trails the first week of December?
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
For some reason I had thought I read that the Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters were being relocated and not meeting in Camp Minnie-Mickey anymore. I didn't pay that much attention to it because I wasn't going back until next September. Now we are going for a spontaneous trip from 12/2 to 12/8. I've searched for new info on Camp Minnie-Mickey and it sounds like they do meet there still? I hope so, but what is the real information? Can we go see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy on the Camp Minnie-Mickey Trails the first week of December?
They still meet there.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
Can we go see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy on the Camp Minnie-Mickey Trails the first week of December?
Mickey, Minnie, and Donald - YES

Daisy is Random

Goofy now only meets in Dinoland (with Pluto)

King Louie & Baloo now meet in the 4th kiosk

Chip, Dale, and Pocahontas also meet daily at Camp

Many other characters (most notable are the Br'ers and Meeko) appear randomly in the area as well.

Happy Hunting!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
TCups4Me
Mouseketeer

Do you have to wait for each character separately?

We've only met the characters at Epcot and they remained together (mickey, minnie, pluto, donald, goofy) so it was one group shot. It appears to met that the AK characters are all separate. Do we have to wait in individual lines for each? Or is it one long line, then you progress from one character to the next? If it's like this, can you skip characters to just see who you want?

Me DH :: DS6:: DS3::
TCups4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me
We've only met the characters at Epcot and they remained together (mickey, minnie, pluto, donald, goofy) so it was one group shot. It appears to met that the AK characters are all separate. Do we have to wait in individual lines for each? Or is it one long line, then you progress from one character to the next? If it's like this, can you skip characters to just see who you want?
They each have separate lines.

I'm confused about your Epcot experience, though. Those five characters used to meet at the end of one line, but they did not typically pose together for one group shot. You would normally go from character to character, taking a picture and meeting each individually.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
TCups4Me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
They each have separate lines.

I'm confused about your Epcot experience, though. Those five characters used to meet at the end of one line, but they did not typically pose together for one group shot. You would normally go from character to character, taking a picture and meeting each individually.
We were there on a Sunday early evening during F&W and there was nobody in line for the characters. They were all standing there together. As it turned out, this was going to be our son's first character meet and he was 2 and wanted nothing to do with it! We left and looked at them from the window outside. So I just assumed that they would pose together. Sounds like that is not the case.

Thanks for the info on the lines.

Me DH :: DS6:: DS3::
TCups4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCups4Me
When we were there at the end of October, Mickey and Minnie were meeting together in 1 hut, another had Baloo and King Louie meeting together, and I think he third said "forest friends" and had Pocahontas and Meeko together. Donald may have been by himself in the last hut, I don't remember exactly.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Any chance it was sprinkling out? When there is a chance of rain, Poca gets moved under cover and Mickey/Minnie merge.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
LaurieN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70

Mickey, Minnie, and Donald - YES

Daisy is Random

Goofy now only meets in Dinoland (with Pluto)

King Louie & Baloo now meet in the 4th kiosk

Chip, Dale, and Pocahontas also meet daily at Camp

Many other characters (most notable are the Br'ers and Meeko) appear randomly in the area as well.

Happy Hunting!
We were there today;
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale,King Louie & Baloo, Pocahontas were all there. Santa Goofy & Pluto were in DinoLand.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieN View Post
We were there today;
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale,King Louie & Baloo, Pocahontas were all there. Santa Goofy & Pluto were in DinoLand.
This was our experience this week as well. Also in AK Rafiki was available out at Planet Watch.

We caught Goofy and Daisy in Pete's Silly side show over at MK.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70
Any chance it was sprinkling out? When there is a chance of rain, Poca gets moved under cover and Mickey/Minnie merge.
Now that you say that it was a gross day that was drizzling on & off. That makes sense!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: