Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #1486
bas71873
DIS Veteran
 
bas71873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I can't give feedback for Thanksgiving dinner at either, but it sure looks good.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/holidays/

Maybe give this one a bump to see if any feedback there.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3016943

thanks. yes, they both look good!
__________________
Me41; DH40; DD11



US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #1487
pixiedust247
Mouseketeer
 
pixiedust247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 222

Fast pass option

This may sound like a silly question but are you able to get fastpasses if you are staying at either the swan or dolphin resort? We are trying to find our best option for our next trip and right now the Swan is our best option!

Thanks!
__________________

1980 Off- site
1988 Off- site
1994 Off- site
1994- 1995 Annual Pass Lived in Orlando
1996 Off- site
1999 All Star Resort
2006 Yacht Club
2008 Yacht Club

2009 Yacht Club
2011 Beach Club
pixiedust247 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #1488
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust247 View Post
This may sound like a silly question but are you able to get fastpasses if you are staying at either the swan or dolphin resort? We are trying to find our best option for our next trip and right now the Swan is our best option!

Thanks!
Yes you can! Anyone with a ticket can get a fastpass.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #1489
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,057

By a twist of fate, I am staying at the Swan for the very first time in mid-December with my DS5 and I'm really excited! I am planning on taking him to all of the holiday offerings at the resort and hoping to try bluezoo and Garden Grove for breakfast. Fresh looks good, too!

I booked a traditional room, but I am a SPG member, so I guess I might get an upgrade. If anyone could off some advice on room requests, I would appreciate it. My main desire is to have a quiet room, but a view would be nice, too! Is there a quieter section of the resort? If I want an EP view, do I ask for "far East Wing" higher floor? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Marthasor is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #1490
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection
 
Mouseteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boston Proud
Posts: 3,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor
By a twist of fate, I am staying at the Swan for the very first time in mid-December with my DS5 and I'm really excited! I am planning on taking him to all of the holiday offerings at the resort and hoping to try bluezoo and Garden Grove for breakfast. Fresh looks good, too!

I booked a traditional room, but I am a SPG member, so I guess I might get an upgrade. If anyone could off some advice on room requests, I would appreciate it. My main desire is to have a quiet room, but a view would be nice, too! Is there a quieter section of the resort? If I want an EP view, do I ask for "far East Wing" higher floor? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!
We always request the east wing - love this location. We like the view of the Friendship launch. But the other side of the hallway has the view of the BW and partial view of SE. You would need a high floor because palm trees could impair the view.
__________________
Mouseteacher is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #1491
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
We always request the east wing - love this location. We like the view of the Friendship launch. But the other side of the hallway has the view of the BW and partial view of SE. You would need a high floor because palm trees could impair the view.
Thank you so much!
Marthasor is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #1492
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 2,309

I'm planning a (probably) solo trip for May. I would have jumped through all kinds of hoops to rent points at BCV or BWV because I love the Epcot resorts area, but after staying at the Swan this past June...I booked the Dolphin. I did make some overtures to renting points, but BCV is booked and the only available BWV is preferred view. I would have ended up paying slightly more for it than the AAA discount at the Dolphin. Even though I'll need to book transportation, the flexibility of an actual hotel reservation totally won out over renting points. I wouldn't have done this before, but after staying at the Swan...I'm a convert! I really love these resorts!
__________________
patty57 is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #1493
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,429

Happy Thanksgiving and Warm Blessings to all our friends ! We wish you well and look forward to our return in January!!,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #1494
Zooteach1@yahoo.com
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15

Early check-in

We are checking in to the Dolphin on Saturday (yay!) and would like to arrive early and spend some time at a park that morning and afternoon. Can we do a "pre" check-in that morning to allow us to get whatever it is we need to get free parking at the parks?
Zooteach1@yahoo.com is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #1495
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!
 
jnfr2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 1,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooteach1@yahoo.com
We are checking in to the Dolphin on Saturday (yay!) and would like to arrive early and spend some time at a park that morning and afternoon. Can we do a "pre" check-in that morning to allow us to get whatever it is we need to get free parking at the parks?
The free parking pass is showing your room key they will give it to you if you tell them you are driving to the park(I'm assuming you are going to either MK or AK) We checked into the Swan on Thanksgiving morning and our room was not ready and they offered a key but we had to change the key when we got back
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it - Horizons
Been there, done that since 1979 and will do it again at Disney!!!

jnfr2424 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #1496
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!
 
jnfr2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 1,423

Happy Holidays everybody!! We arrived Thanksgiving morning and So far no chocolate Santa at the Swan and no lighted palm trees outside in the causeway yet will be checking all week!
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it - Horizons
Been there, done that since 1979 and will do it again at Disney!!!

jnfr2424 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #1497
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran
 
jmpurdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 570

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I'm planning a (probably) solo trip for May. I would have jumped through all kinds of hoops to rent points at BCV or BWV because I love the Epcot resorts area, but after staying at the Swan this past June...I booked the Dolphin. I did make some overtures to renting points, but BCV is booked and the only available BWV is preferred view. I would have ended up paying slightly more for it than the AAA discount at the Dolphin. Even though I'll need to book transportation, the flexibility of an actual hotel reservation totally won out over renting points. I wouldn't have done this before, but after staying at the Swan...I'm a convert! I really love these resorts!
We are staying at the Swan for the 1st time also in 2 weeks. VERY last minute trip. Love the Epcot resorts area too. Cannot beat walking to two parks. We actually rent a van from mco to dolphin (very very cheap) and rent another van on departure day to mco and it is actually cheaper than a van service for us. Hope the Swan doesn't disappoint.
__________________
November 2014 - THV
December 2013 - OKW
December 2012 - Swan
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #1498
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 2,309

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpurdy View Post
Hope the Swan doesn't disappoint.
I don't think it will. People talk about the lack of Disney magic at the Swan/Dolphin, and that is probably true to some extent. No hidden Mickeys etc., but the hotels themselves, dining options, pools, and dare I say it...pool bars are wonderful. In fact, the pool bars are superior to anything I've ever experienced at a WDW resort. Paying the price of a moderate with the Epcot resorts location? Can't beat that. Enjoy your stay.
__________________
patty57 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1499
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran
 
jmpurdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 570

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
I don't think it will. People talk about the lack of Disney magic at the Swan/Dolphin, and that is probably true to some extent. No hidden Mickeys etc., but the hotels themselves, dining options, pools, and dare I say it...pool bars are wonderful. In fact, the pool bars are superior to anything I've ever experienced at a WDW resort. Paying the price of a moderate with the Epcot resorts location? Can't beat that. Enjoy your stay.
And that's exactly why we chose this location. Only a 5 night trip and we want to keep bus time to a minimum. We almost booked a moderate but the deciding factor WAS the location. Nothing beats walking back from Epcot or DS on a nice evening. Priceless.
__________________
November 2014 - THV
December 2013 - OKW
December 2012 - Swan
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #1500
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!
 
jnfr2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 1,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424
Happy Holidays everybody!! We arrived Thanksgiving morning and So far no chocolate Santa at the Swan and no lighted palm trees outside in the causeway yet will be checking all week!
They are putting Santa together right now! I'm standing here watching!!
__________________
If you can dream it, you can do it - Horizons
Been there, done that since 1979 and will do it again at Disney!!!

jnfr2424 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: