Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Ugh.....I have never been a fan of the advertising-wrapped monorails. But at least, like you said, Tronorail rolls off the tongue quite nicely!! Now it's Avengers??....Really, WDW? Blah. If they are going to wrap these things, they should stick with the timeless stuff like characters, rides, resorts, etc..

Anywho, that last sunset pic is gorgeous!!! What a great shot.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #32
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I think the pictures are the best part of a TR anyway! Love pictures, especially when they give me butterfies by looking at them.

Thanks for posting some pictures of AoA .. We'll be staying in November and it's nice to see them since they're aren't too many available yet.

Looks like you and your daughter had a great time. One day ((many years from now)) I'd like to take a little trip with just my DD.
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #33
archdandy
DIS Veteran

It looks like you guys had a fun filled first day! I loved seeing the pictures from AoA.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Okay, guys, I'm back! As soon as I can take a trip over to photobucket, then I'll start up again.

That is, if I still have readers

Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Okay, guys, I'm back! As soon as I can take a trip over to photobucket, then I'll start up again.

That is, if I still have readers
Present and Accounted For!

Can't wait to see the pictures when you have the chance.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #36
amandaw
DIS Veteran

No worries....still here!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #37
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

I wanna stay in the toaster oven so I can walk to the Magic Kingdom

That evening, we ended up taking the boat over towards the Magic Kingdom. For whatever reason, the monorail went down and stayed down forever. We had one destination. . .the Contemporary Resort for. . .cupcakes.

Yes, even though we had eaten dinner over at Art of Animation, we wanted some cupcakes from the Contempo Cafe. See I had been informed that the cupcakes were awesome. I had to check out for myself.

Soon, very soon.

The footpath over is really not the best in the world, but I would just love to get up in the morning and know I was less than 1 mile from the front gate of Magic Kingdom. Definitely on my "to do" list.

This is cool, too.

My favorite resort shop, which, oddly enough, I have never bought anything from. . .

Red velvet cupcake. Yummy.

Inside of the cupcake

Very last of the lemon cupcakes. This was good, but I remember it being a little sickly sweet. I like lemony goodness to be very tart.

We left the Contemporary just in time for the water parade:

How does a dragon survive the water, anyhow?

Sadly, instead of finishing the monorail loop, we ended up at the bus stop to get back to the resort. It had been a long day and I really just wanted to sleep. We arrived back in time to see Illuminations from over AOA.

And we saw some of the night sights at POP Century.

I wonder if they took all of the stickers off like I did. . .

This is more like how mine stayed. . .

Am I the only person who finds Mr. and Mrs. a little creepy?!?

Take a message, Mickey

This night at POP Century reminded me of why I typically choose at least a moderate resort. I remember not being able to sleep well because we could hear the toilet flush next to us. I truly was glad for a place to sleep, but when you are excited about the next day, that flushing noise is relly too much, lol!

Coming up. . .no matter where you are, that morning coffee walk is the best, I tell you!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #38
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I've heard so many good things about the cupcakes at Contempo here lately. Sorry the lemon was too sweet. I'm like you - I like my lemon stuff to be have a bite!

Love all of the night photos of Contemporary and POP! Contemporary is my #1 dream resort. One day I'll stay there!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #39
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I've heard so many good things about the cupcakes at Contempo here lately. Sorry the lemon was too sweet. I'm like you - I like my lemon stuff to be have a bite!

Love all of the night photos of Contemporary and POP! Contemporary is my #1 dream resort. One day I'll stay there!!
I would totally love to stay there someday.

And someday I will!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #40
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

The Coffee Walks are the Best

This update is going to be different, as there are very few pictures of this morning. It's no secret that I love my morning coffee walks at Disney. I love going from the room to the front building. I love strolling quietly. Sometimes by myself. Sometimes with a family member. This morning, I was with Sweetie, and we were just taking a stroll to look around POP Century. I can't explain why there is only one picture of evidence. But this is it:

So warm, I felt like swimming then.

I know that after that we walked around. We then packed our meager belongings, put them in the truck, and drove over to Coronado Springs.

Check in was quite fuzzy, but I had done online checkin, and was pleased to have scored a room in Cabanas 8. Unfortunately, the room was not ready. Sweetie and I got our nutritious breakfasts. Here's something I always do: I use my first snack credits right at the resort I'm staying in to prevent having problems with the credits later.

Chocolate Chip muffin

Cinnamon Roll

I took my truck and parked it over at the room, and we boarded the bus to Magic Kingdom. When we got there, I realized something: I left Sweetie's Key tot he World Card in the truck. I thought we'd need to ride the bus back, but the driver just told me to go to Guest Services.

Can I say I the Guest Services desk at Magic Kingdom?!? They had a new card for Sweetie lickety-split, and we were heading through the turnstyles before long.

Just a little early. . .

Coming up. . .just how is breakfast in the castle?

Old 11-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #41
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Looks like y'all were off to a good early start that day! So glad Guest Services was able to help you quickly.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #42
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Looks like y'all were off to a good early start that day! So glad Guest Services was able to help you quickly.
Guest services are so awesome! Especially the ones at Magic Kingdom.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #43
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love the mother daughter trips! I am actually going in December with my mom, grandma and my cousin, and I am 25. So maybe your daughter won't decide to be too cool for mom lol I look forward to reading more!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #44
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Joining in! I love the mother daughter trips! I am actually going in December with my mom, grandma and my cousin, and I am 25. So maybe your daughter won't decide to be too cool for mom lol I look forward to reading more!
She's already talking about the three girls going together sometime, so I think we will be safe about her thinking she's too cool, lol.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #45
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Just How is Breakfast in the Castle?

We had finally started out the day, after some of those minor bumps in the road. One of the reasons why I start my trips at Magic Kingdom is because of this show, and it's why I probably will never do the breakfast before the park opens:

Dude, you are very, very, very ah, different.

For whatever reason, I still totally cry here.

We'll be back here soon enough

First fast passes, then over to Fantasyland for Peter Pan and Liberty Square for the Haunted Mansion

This trip was our first ever one where we did breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was definitely an experience that we enjoyed, but I can't see me taking the boy here. Maybe the next time the entire family goes, Dan can take Sheldon to DTD while we gals enjoy a meal here. . .

Breads. I could have made a meal just with these, but of course, we did have to have some protein. . .

Sweetie's All American Breakfast

My lobster and crab crepes

Belle asked if our dishes were behaving themselves

Ariel showed us here feet and talked about shoes

Almost empty by the time we left

Breakfast here, literally, was just Okay, and definitely not the best we had. We ended up leaving here, riding Space, and then riding Pirates of the Caribbean. The room was ready, and we were ready to settle in a little bit. It as going to be a late, and amazing night.

Coming up. . .This is a STANDARD view?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: