Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Preferred fining rotations

Looking for insight on preferred dining rotations o the Alaska cruise from all of you Dcl experts!
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We don't have a preference. Figure you'll be in each MDR twice, plus one of them a third time. Some people think Parrot Cay is too informal for formal night, but Disney cruises are pretty much informal even on formal night.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Thank you! Have you done the Alaska cruise? I am hoping its more on the informal side bc I want to respect the dress code but there will be much to pack for that cruise as it is!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We've been on five Disney cruises, all less formal than other cruise lines we've been on.

We're doing our 5th Alaska cruise next summer. None of those have been with Disney. Others here on the DIS have reported that Disney Alaska cruises are more casual than other destinations.

The Wonder dining rooms are on the chilly side, so I wouldn't wear shorts there. You don't need a lot of dress up clothes. If they get soiled, there's a laundry onboard, or you can have them dry cleaned inexpensively.

I take lots of sweaters, then feel weird when we get home and haul the sweaters to the cleaners when it's 110F.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

We did the last Alaska cruise this year, we ended up with a PTTAPTA rotation, which was perfect! We ended up in tritons for formal and semi formal night, and parrot cay for pirate night.

This was my first cruise so I can't compare casualness, but I did notice a lot if people in nicer jeans or kakhis and sweaters, and that's what we wore, too, most nights.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
codex57
Earning My Ears

Just look at the pictures online and see which atmosphere you like best.

Personally, I like Animator's Palate the best, but that's just my personal preference.
codex57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Really, you will have the same 7 menus no matter what rotation you get. As far as what dinning room I am in for formal night, etc., I don't care. It is all the same to me.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Really, you will have the same 7 menus no matter what rotation you get. As far as what dinning room I am in for formal night, etc., I don't care. It is all the same to me.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Thanks all. Never thought to request a rotation in the past on Dcl.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
remlap
Mouseketeer

We put in a request starting with Parot Cay in our Alaskan cruise this year mainly because we wanted to eat at Palo that first night and PC is a least favorite of the rotation menus.
Worked out great. As others have said, we were in Tritans for Formal night. It wasn't planned that way, but it worked out nice. If you want early dining, I'd personally worry more about when you're hitting Animators so it's not on a port day.

Formal is really stretching the term. It was very casual, even more so in Alaska.

Correction from what someone posted, while there is a pirates night, they do not do the Pirates Menu. They do a Taste of Alaska, which we found very good.

2008 4 Night Wonder to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2010 2 Night Wonder Los Angeles Cruise to Nowhere
2012 7 Night Wonder Alaskan Adventure
2014 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
2015 4 Night Dream to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2015 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
My feelings exactly. We do have one menu that we like to miss, so we do Palo that night. And if I'm finding the main dining room too noisy or not fitting my needs one night, I'll eat at BBB/Topsiders.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap

Correction from what someone posted, while there is a pirates night, they do not do the Pirates Menu. They do a Taste of Alaska, which we found very good.
I think this depends... We did the last Alaskan cruise of this year, and they had changed it. We had Taste of Alaska on a separate night, and the pirate menu on pirate night.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #13
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

The only fining I'm aware of is if you smoke in your room. If you really want to rotate around smoking in a bunch of rooms, they could probably fine you for each of them!
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: