Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #1141
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 47,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottakaMickey View Post
Is this correct? Wording on the website regarding the benefit "could" be interpreted that way, but looking for other input.

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
It's my understanding that the early booking dates are only available for new itineraries. So, if DCL comes up with the same stuff they've always done, the bookings open for everyone the same day.

I believe that the Dream & Fantasy's 2013 dates were open early for platinum and gold. The only new port for either was Puerto Rico. It basically boils down to what DCL feels like doing. They didn't even announce the Fantasy's dates for the end of 2012 opening.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013


DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #1142
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Yup! I did that last year. Got online at 8 am Eastern and booked.
Certainly beats the long hold times. Unfortunately, I need to walk existing reservations forward to keep the OBCs.

Does anybody know if it's permissable to book a new reservation online in order to secure the preferred cabins, then later call and request either that CM transfer the OBC/discounting pricing over to new reservation # or just cancel the new booking & transfer the cabins to the original bookings?
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #1143
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
Certainly beats the long hold times. Unfortunately, I need to walk existing reservations forward to keep the OBCs.

Does anybody know if it's permissable to book a new reservation online in order to secure the preferred cabins, then later call and request either that CM transfer the OBC/discounting pricing over to new reservation # or just cancel the new booking & transfer the cabins to the original bookings?
You don't have to call in order to do that. If you login and pull up your res, you can click "modify" and move it to a new date. The pricing that will come up will reflect your onboard discount. Love that we can do this online now. I would suggest trying it now and playing with it a little before the BIG DAY!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #1144
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow

You don't have to call in order to do that. If you login and pull up your res, you can click "modify" and move it to a new date. The pricing that will come up will reflect your onboard discount. Love that we can do this online now. I would suggest trying it now and playing with it a little before the BIG DAY!

Jodie
Does the reservation number stay the same with the moved reservation or do they assign a new number.
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #1145
ThinkTink1
Earning My Ears
 
ThinkTink1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 5 mins from Disney Gates
Posts: 37

The reservation numbers stay the same. You are just modifying your reservation! : )
__________________
Kimberly
ThinkTink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #1146
ashleyt
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
You don't have to call in order to do that. If you login and pull up your res, you can click "modify" and move it to a new date. The pricing that will come up will reflect your onboard discount. Love that we can do this online now. I would suggest trying it now and playing with it a little before the BIG DAY!

Jodie
I'm not sure if concierge reservations can modify online. Does anyone know?
ashleyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #1147
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse
 
EDH Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt View Post
I'm not sure if concierge reservations can modify online. Does anyone know?
Nope... Once you're concierge you have to call for any changes.
__________________

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August *

**Upcoming*** Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern - April 19th 2014
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #1148
smootenloopers
Works to Support Cruise Habit
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt View Post
I'm not sure if concierge reservations can modify online. Does anyone know?
No, concierge gets to pay more for the "convenience" of having to wait on hold for 30-40 minutes to make a change everyone else can do on the website in about 30-40 seconds. My big gripe with DCL and mention it every time they offer me a "survey" when I'm waiting on hold to talk to someone.
__________________
Tammy
smootenloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #1149
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTink1
The reservation numbers stay the same. You are just modifying your reservation! : )
Great makes that simple. We usually don't move dates but will this time... hurry up disney!!!!
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #1150
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
You don't have to call in order to do that. If you login and pull up your res, you can click "modify" and move it to a new date. The pricing that will come up will reflect your onboard discount. Love that we can do this online now. I would suggest trying it now and playing with it a little before the BIG DAY!

Jodie
you have made my day! thank you

Thought of this today while i was day-dreaming of disney cruises while making my gravy:

I booked a 2nd cabin for DS and his family and linked it to my reservation. It wasn't under the OBC perc. I called DCL and made (i.e. gifted) the down payment for them on my CC. I have copy of the confirmation email that DIL forwarded to me, but don't see their reservation listed when I sign in online to my account. Now i'm wondering if i can call to switch theirs or if DIL will need to make the change via a call or online.
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #1151
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
you have made my day! thank you

Thought of this today while i was day-dreaming of disney cruises while making my gravy:

I booked a 2nd cabin for DS and his family and linked it to my reservation. It wasn't under the OBC perc. I called DCL and made (i.e. gifted) the down payment for them on my CC. I have copy of the confirmation email that DIL forwarded to me, but don't see their reservation listed when I sign in online to my account. Now i'm wondering if i can call to switch theirs or if DIL will need to make the change via a call or online.
Only reservations #s with your Castaway Club member # will show when logged into your acct.

You can still view your DILs acct but need to enter the res # and lead person's DOB.
__________________

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #1152
LJC1861
DIS Veteran
Suffers from a Tag Fairy Complex
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Arden, NC
Posts: 2,928

This question may have been asked already, but I do not have the energy to look through all 77 pages of this thread.

If I book a 2013 date now...to take advantage of the 10% deposit, can I then move that reservation to a 2014 date? Will I have to pay an additional deposit? The difference if the deposits are different?

Thanks in advance for answers to these questions....I do appreciate someone saving me lots of time reading through so many pages.

Linda
LJC1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #1153
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,125

I also have a question that may have been addressed here. I booked a dummy date on my last cruise, cheapest thing possible, for 1 person. Do I need to add my family to the existing dummy cruise THEN change my date, or can I change the date then add them? Will I still get the discount on the rest of them if I add them after I move the date?
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #1154
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC1861 View Post
This question may have been asked already, but I do not have the energy to look through all 77 pages of this thread.

If I book a 2013 date now...to take advantage of the 10% deposit, can I then move that reservation to a 2014 date? Will I have to pay an additional deposit? The difference if the deposits are different?

Thanks in advance for answers to these questions....I do appreciate someone saving me lots of time reading through so many pages.

Linda
If the date you move to is a more expensive cruise then yes you'll pay more. Typically the deposit is 20% of the pretax amount. If you book onboard, it's only 10%. So to get an idea of what your new deposit will be, look up that cruise online and see what the deposit is for a land based booking then half it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I also have a question that may have been addressed here. I booked a dummy date on my last cruise, cheapest thing possible, for 1 person. Do I need to add my family to the existing dummy cruise THEN change my date, or can I change the date then add them?
It doesn't matter in which order you do this. It depends though, when you move your dummy date will the new date still be a dummy date or will it be a cruise you intend to sail? If it will stay a dummy date, there's no point in adding everyone on; that will just increase your deposit. If it's a cruise you intend to sail, definitely put everyone on it. If you try to add people later, they will pay then-current rates and even if your cabin sleeps more passengers, your muster station may be full and won't allow more passengers to be added on.
Will I still get the discount on the rest of them if I add them after I move the date?
The discount is applied to the whole reservation like a promo code so everyone will get the discount.
__________________

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #1155
chateau
DIS Veteran
 
chateau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I booked a dummy date on my last cruise, cheapest thing possible, for 1 person.
I saw, on a thread somewhere, that other cruise lines have future bookings done in a different way. When Susieark booked her dummy, then person x did the same, etc... when a person looks for a real cruise, they are financially penalized. Cabins are booked up and prices driven up.
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.