Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #2536
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Happy Thanksgiving Angel Rose and everyone!!

It's count down time - I'm hosting TG dinner this year any can't wait ! My house is sparkling clean and smells of lots of yummy TG foods floating throughout - incl So MD stuffed ham ! I'm getting up early to stuff a 25lb butterball, makes some sides, and our sweet kids will bring their favorite contributions ! Looking forward to a wonderful feast, good times w/family while counting our many blessings, cousins enjoying time together, and even some football too boot! Go Redskins!!

What your favorite pie ala mode? Thus far we have: pumpkin, apple, blueberry, pecan, coconut custard pies and lil DGS is making 'dirt pie' whatever that is.

A.R. love your most recent pix: the cousins get together dinner, pumpkin farm, Zoey and Jesse's day cares, and your Cat in Hat costume ( you frisky thing ) and can't wait to see your C'mas decorating pix!!

Snapppyd love your Disney pix w/siblings - we did that a few yrs back - good times and memories for sure! How exciting for you to meet Kathie Lee too!

Angelrose, sending big TG hugs and blessings to you and your lovely family. Godspeed, as Ron smiles upon you from above, living through you all.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2537
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

4Nana your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. DH and I are going to my sister's house tomorrow and spending the night. It will be her, her two sons, one DIL and 4 grands. My other sister, her husband, two daughters and 2 grands.

I made a cheesecake, one sister is bringing blueberry, pumpkin and chocolate cream pies. Someone is also making apple pie. The dinner is the traditional turkey with all the fixings and a spiral ham as well.

Enjoy the day everyone!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #2538
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Well, ladies, sounds like it'll be a rip-roaring good time all around!

I'm hosting 6 of my 7 siblings and their families. We're at 23. One turkey is cooking & the other one goes in the roaster early tomorrow morning. Everybody knows what side-dish they're bringing. My daughter-in-law is making a cheesecake, one brother is bringing a birthday cake. I've bought a pumpkin and 2 chocolate cream pies.

Angelrose - I'll bet you're all set to go to your son and daughter-in-laws. Those precious grands of yours are so darling!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #2539
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my dear friends here.

4nana your feast sounds really YUMMY. I will try and get some pictures posted of the decorations soon.

minniecarousel, thank you. I will leaving the house around 7:45 tomorrow morning to be there around 8. I have babysitting duty while they decorate. I hope I can keep them occupied for 2 or 3 hours!

Since it is Karen and me that like turkey, I just got a turkey breast that Karen will roast for us plus her stuffing and mashed potatoes. I said I would bring the pumpkin pie and bring the rotisserie chicken for Chuck.

I call the grocery store this morning at 7:30 to find out when the chickens will be done. The girl asks and then say they will be done in an hour and a half. Great. I get there around 8:45 and see only a couple of ones on the heated tray. OK I do all my other shopping. I'm looking all over for a pumpkin pie. They have about 500 sweet potato pies, but can't find any pumpkin pies. Really?? For Thanksgiving you don't have any pumpkin pies?

I root around and finally found something called a pumpkin tart. It's very small and has a bigger crust and smaller pumpkin. Oh well, any port in a storm and I get one and a pecan tart also. I know nobody is going to eat the pecan tart except me, but I am WEAK! Everyone else was asking where are your pumpkin pies and getting the same answer. Just sweet potato pies. I have a feeling that they are going to have about 450 sweet potato pies left over.

Now I go back to get the chicken. Surely they are done by now. It is after 9. UMMMMMMMM that would be a no. I ask when will they be done. Oh, in about an hour and a half. I said I called you at 7:30 and you told me the same thing. Well, they take a long time to cook. GEEEEE I had no idea.

I took the one that was on the hot tray and went on my way. I was very grumpy going home. I hate being told one thing and another when you get there. That is twice that has happened to me in a couple of days.

I put everything away. Got the chicken off the bone and in a container. That pecan pie (tart) was yelling at me to take just a small bite. OK Just one sliver. Well, you can't really cut a pecan pie in a sliver. So I got a small piece and put some of that cinnamon cool whip on top. MMMMMMMM That small piece was followed by another larger piece with more of that cinnamon cool whip. I TOLD you I am weak.

That was my lunch. A small piece of the chicken and two pieces of pecan tart. LOL I won't even think about how many points that was.

I did bake a batch of my pumpkin oat bread for my friend at Smithville. She was very happy to get it. Oh I forgot to tell you that story.

Yesterday I was mixing up a batch and misread one of the measurements. It said 1 1/2 TEASPOONS and I put, yeah 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS. EEEEEEEEEEKK I tried to scoop it out, but it had already soaked in. I baked it anyway and hoped for the best.

NOPE. I tried a piece and it tasted fine at first. Then that horrible bitter after taste. I had to throw the whole batch out. Well, at least the night animals had a feast last night. It was all gone this morning.

I was very careful of the measurements today.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #2540
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family. I got there around 8 and played with the kids while Chuck and Karen got the tree up and the other decorations out.

We had fun playing hide and seek in the basement. Now there aren't too many places to hide down there, but we did our best. Jesse and Zoey hid first. I knew where they were right away. I could see their feet hanging out from under a table. But I made a big show out of looking in the curtains and the bathroom and in Karen's office. Then I finally went over and said BOOO. They all laughed. Then it was my turn to hide. I saw that the bathroom door was open just enough that I could hide behind it without them noticing.

They looked in the bathroom and couldn't find me. Finally Jesse asked me where I was. So I told him to look in the bathroom. As soon as he came in, I went from behind the door and said BOOO again. We all laughed.

They went back to hiding under the table. I again made a big show of looking everywhere until I found them at last.

My turn again. This time I hid in the shower. Did I mention that I am a big meany?? Again they couldn't find me until I told them to look in the bathroom again. When they got in I pulled the curtain away and shouted BOOO again. I was still in the bathroom when the went into the shower and told me to hide my eyes. I looked everywhere until I told them I couldn't find them and they shouted BOOO at me. I did have fun.

We went up for a little snack and then we went back down until Zoey started crying that she wanted her mommy. I think she was starting to feel bad.

But we managed until naptime and she went down. Jesse and I stayed down in the basement and colored for a while. Zoey woke up and was still crying. We all went upstairs and they helped put up some ornaments.

We had a wonderful dinner with Zoey and Jesse wearing the Thanksgiving "hats" they made at daycare. Zoey will try anything but Jesse won't eat anything other than cheese and crackers, applesauce and yogurt. Once in a while he will eat chicken nuggets. He does love pasta and sauce, and pizza.
Karen was trying to get him to try a tiny sliver of turkey. She promised that she would put on Zoey's hat and make funny faces if he would try one piece.

Here is her picture and Chuck sneaking up to be in the picture.

Grandmom not to be undone got her picture taken with the hat too. Pay special attention to that top I am wearing.

It's been years since I could fit into that thing. I just HAD to wear it once more. Now it will go to Good Will. Will anyone want it?? I bought it in the late 70's or early 80's.

Jesse asked for a carrot cake for dessert. So Karen, being a good mommy, made him one and we all decorated it.

Karen made the first carrot, Chuck made the second, Jesse the third, Zoey the 4th and I made the last one. You can tell it was mine because it looks like a snowman. But I digress.

Next Jesse wanted the Easter Bunny, so Chuck made him one. I wanted a Mickey head, so Chuck made me one. Zoey wanted a flower and Chuck made that too. I said there is one space left, make a star. Karen made the star. So you have our Thanksgiving strange dessert.

Friday I was there at 8 again watching the kids while they decorated the outside. It was so nice and warm that I let the kids play outside. Jesse rode his bike and then asked his daddy to take off his training wheels. So he did and showed him how to ride with him holding on. After about 15 minutes, Chuck could hardly stand up. But Jesse was getting the hang of it. But he gives up to easily. If he can't get it right away, he wants to give up. Karen got him to try again with her holding on. He was doing very well, but he decided to use his scooter for a while.

Karen asked me to go to the grocery store to get more of the Boursin cheese. We had eaten the whole thing on Thanksgiving. So I ran to the store and got two more packages and a few things for myself.

We ate more of that wonderful cheese with our lunch. Then Chuck told me I had a choice. Karen had invited all the kids that Jesse plays with to go to the park and I could go with them or I could go home. UHHHHHHHHHH I just remembered I have to have surgery...........without drugs. I will go home.

I did move for the rest of the day. But I did have a great time both days.

When I got home on Friday, my neighbor was busy clearing off more of my land. I opened my front door to see if he wanted to get paid, but he just went home.

On Sunday I went for my IHOP run and do a bit more shopping. For me this time. When I got home my neighbor's helper was there cutting down more trees and blowing off more leaves. He came to the door to tell me he was finished. I was so happy. I had baked my neighbor some pumpkin oat bread and cinnamon almonds. I gave them to him and told him to tell Jim that I had his check ready and to just tell me the amount.

He came over about a half hour later. He was unsure how much to charge me. I mean the man worked over 24 hours over 3 or 4 days. He did a LOT of work for me. He asked me how I felt about $300. Perfect. If I had gotten someone else to do it, the price would be in the thousands!

We talked for a while and he told me his wife's grandmom lived one street over from my grandmom in Atlantic City. Now I will have to ask my cousin if he remembers them. He was there more than I was, but I'm pretty sure I remember the name. Isn't that a small world?

OK That's enough of my short story. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #2541
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

We had a great time on Thanksgiving. All the little cousins loved playing with each other.

My sister's poor dog was so overwhelmed by all the commotion she wet the rug - we all felt so sorry for her. My sister rescued her a year ago August and she is still so nervous and wary of everything - if only she could talk and tell us what is bothering her!

We went to see A Christmas Story - The Musical on Broadway on Sunday - it was wonderful!

Then Sunday night I got a sad phone call - my best friend's mother passed away Sunday morning. I'm going to the wake this afternoon and I'm so nervous - this is going to be so hard. My friend is single and has lived home her entire life, so this will create a huge hole in her family.

It's snowing a little right now, I'm nervous to drive today but I have to do it. Be back later.......

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #2542
Angelrose

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving snappyd. I'm so sorry for your best friend losing her mother. I'm sorry for your loss too.

Rainy day here. I felt so lazy I didn't do a darn thing. Just read and watched tv.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #2543
Angelrose

Hello my friends. I finally got pictures of my Christmas decorations and thought you would like to see them. I must warn you that there are a lot of them.

That was the Christmas house that Ron made for me and Chuck helped. He was only about 10 or 11 when he helped.

More in next post.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #2544
Angelrose

Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #2545
Angelrose

Forgot one

I told you there were a lot of them. That doesn't include my decorations upstairs. Now you know why I start decorating right after Halloween.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #2546
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

wow Angelrose
you have such a big christmas collection so many ornements and decorations I it !!! beautiful you must be so patient just to decorate all your house how long does it take you ??
your house is very festive and a joy I am sure for your grandchildrens
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #2547
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

I love all your pictures, Angelrose! My favorites were the magnets on your refrigerator. I am a magnet collector, and everyone I know knows I collect them so they have to get one for me on their vacations, or else.

Would love to see your upstairs decorations too.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #2548
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Glad eveyone's holidays were great! Thanksgiving was wonderful, there was 17 of us and what a feast and good time we had all wk end !! Our youngest DD in N.C. pulled a slick one on me tho ! She called me at 10pm TG eve wanting a recipie, so I'm telling and the door bell rings. OMG, it was her, her hubbie, and our sweet grands who'd driver 6 hrs !! The neighbors def heard some screaming...lol!! They were not coming up, due to her nurse hubbie being on call, but thankfully he got some nice co-worker to trade with him. Needless to say we were all overjoyed!

AR, my you do have some lovely decorations . Know you enjoy keeping busy and and mind occupied setting up ~ great job, very nice arrangements and lovely trees! Love the lil C'mas house that Ron & Chuck made! I can feel the love!

Now, bring on C'mas !! Took the grands to see "Ruler of the Guardian" which they really enjoyed . We're done shopping for them, played it smart and did a lot on line this year . Soon as we celebrated the 3 Dec BD's in our family, it's time to get the C'mas tree up and decore out. Addressing cards and will send out next week. Love the holidays and the reason for the season!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #2549
Angelrose

Thank you 4Mickey. It takes me a couple of weeks to do everything since I can only do a couple of hours a day. I do enjoy it though.

hellokitty86, thank you. As you can see a lot of the magnets are Christmas pins that we made into magnets. A lot were sun catchers or just hanging ornaments. I love to decorate my fridge with magnets. I have special ones for Valentine's day, St. Patrick's day, Easter, 4th of July, Halloween and Christmas. Right after the 4th I have my everyday magnets that I put up. I have a couple of 4 drawer storage units to put them all in. I will try and take some pictures of upstairs in the next couple of days.

4nana what a great surprise your DD gave you. Thank you for the compliment on the Christmas house. I think that is my favorite. I really hate to put it away in January.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #2550
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

Angelrose, I always love seeing your Holiday collections. It does look like a lot of work, but what joy it must give you.

I leave for Disneyland this afternoon, with my sisters. Boy, do I need this vacation! I spent the weekend helping my younger son and daughter-in-law have a garage sale and finish loading their POD. They left yesterday for the long drive to NY. I'm going to miss them so much, but I know they would regret it if they didn't make this move. She will be so happy to be with her Mom (& step-dad, grandfather, aunt, uncle, cousins!)

Disneyland, here I come!

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: