Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #226
TravisD
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2

Thanks Dave, that sucks it's showing up as sold out again. I think it's definitely worth checking every now and then though because I've seen both Palo and Remy reservations become available, sold out and back again a few times over the last few weeks. Plus there's always those reservations held back until boarding too. Good luck!
TravisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #227
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,124

Formal night???

We don't have a formal night, correct? We did a 3 nighter a few years back, and I remember it being optional. For only 4 nights, it would be nice to not have to pack my entire wardrobe!! Anyone know for sure?

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #228
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...
 
Dave Dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
We don't have a formal night, correct? We did a 3 nighter a few years back, and I remember it being optional. For only 4 nights, it would be nice to not have to pack my entire wardrobe!! Anyone know for sure?

Jodie
Yeah - the email I got yesterday said "Your voyage does not include any formal evenings." I think we'll still dress up on our anniversary - and if we get into Palo.
__________________
Dave "Dizney" Lloyd -- Travel Channel Disney Fan
Co-Hosts of the Travel Channel & Discovery HD's "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World"
Click here to see our Jan. 2013 Disney Dream Trip report!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #229
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Yeah - the email I got yesterday said "Your voyage does not include any formal evenings." I think we'll still dress up on our anniversary - and if we get into Palo.
When is your anniversary? Funny - ours is Jan 6th (we got married in the blizzard of '96!). I had booked a Palo dinner on the 5th but just cancelled a few days ago. With only 4 nights, I figured we would want to experience the dining rooms. I read somewhere where we will get 4 different experiences due to the Crush show?? Saving Palo/Remy for our Dec, 2013 7 night trip.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #230
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"
 
MichelleVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 8,972

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
We don't have a formal night, correct? We did a 3 nighter a few years back, and I remember it being optional. For only 4 nights, it would be nice to not have to pack my entire wardrobe!! Anyone know for sure?

Jodie
I sent my DD19 a facebook message the other day to remind her to bring a cute dress home from college so she could wear it on the cruise, and she sent back a message that said, "just one?" So I'm thinking that my girls will be bringing a few dresses! They do like to dress up!
__________________
MichelleVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #231
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I sent my DD19 a facebook message the other day to remind her to bring a cute dress home from college so she could wear it on the cruise, and she sent back a message that said, "just one?" So I'm thinking that my girls will be bringing a few dresses! They do like to dress up!
My 12 year old daughter probably will as well, but my 15 year old son . . . not so much!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #232
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...
 
Dave Dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
When is your anniversary? Funny - ours is Jan 6th (we got married in the blizzard of '96!). I had booked a Palo dinner on the 5th but just cancelled a few days ago. With only 4 nights, I figured we would want to experience the dining rooms. I read somewhere where we will get 4 different experiences due to the Crush show?? Saving Palo/Remy for our Dec, 2013 7 night trip.

Jodie
Ours is just before the cruise, but we're celebrating the day at sea. We're trying to get either brunch or the dinner that day - we'll see. I'm hoping for the brunch so we don't miss anything in our rotation. My birthday is the 7th, what a bummer to have a birthday the day AFTER the cruise - post-Disney depression plus another candle on the cake.
__________________
Dave "Dizney" Lloyd -- Travel Channel Disney Fan
Co-Hosts of the Travel Channel & Discovery HD's "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World"
Click here to see our Jan. 2013 Disney Dream Trip report!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #233
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Ours is just before the cruise, but we're celebrating the day at sea. We're trying to get either brunch or the dinner that day - we'll see. I'm hoping for the brunch so we don't miss anything in our rotation. My birthday is the 7th, what a bummer to have a birthday the day AFTER the cruise - post-Disney depression plus another candle on the cake.
You'll have to book another cruise while on board as a gift to yourself! Make sure you tell them its your birthday so they can spoil you. They brought my mother a piece of cake with candles on it for her b-day one year.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #234
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...
 
Dave Dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
You'll have to book another cruise while on board as a gift to yourself! Make sure you tell them its your birthday so they can spoil you. They brought my mother a piece of cake with candles on it for her b-day one year.

Jodie
Wait - shouldn't others be gifting ME for my birthday??? Cash donations are welcome ...(cricket sounds).
__________________
Dave "Dizney" Lloyd -- Travel Channel Disney Fan
Co-Hosts of the Travel Channel & Discovery HD's "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World"
Click here to see our Jan. 2013 Disney Dream Trip report!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #235
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Wait - shouldn't others be gifting ME for my birthday??? Cash donations are welcome ...(cricket sounds).
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #236
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer
 
Vertigo127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Wait - shouldn't others be gifting ME for my birthday??? Cash donations are welcome ...(cricket sounds).


If I have any pennies left at the end of this adventure I will throw them your way!
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #237
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...
 
Dave Dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post


If I have any pennies left at the end of this adventure I will throw them your way!
I'm not counting on it. lol
__________________
Dave "Dizney" Lloyd -- Travel Channel Disney Fan
Co-Hosts of the Travel Channel & Discovery HD's "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World"
Click here to see our Jan. 2013 Disney Dream Trip report!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #238
jsteele
Earning My Ears
 
jsteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 25

Fish Extenders!

Hello All,

The Final Fish Extenders has been set! Thank you for all that are involved. If people could respond to this post with their room numbers, I will add that to the final post.

JSteele --DM (47) DG (78) DD (20) DS (17) DD (7)
Vertigo-- DW, DH, DD (17) DD (15) DD (11) Room 7673
Mrs Coles--DW, DH, DG"x3" DD (6) DD (3)
4LoveofDisney--DW, DH, DS (10) DD (9) DS (5)
DisneyFan--DW, DH

I see that as 27 people. Please correct any mistakes that I made.

Soon!
Julie
jsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #239
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"
 
MichelleVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 8,972

Are we there yet????? I am sooo ready!!
__________________
MichelleVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #240
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer
 
Vertigo127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele View Post
Hello All,

The Final Fish Extenders has been set! Thank you for all that are involved. If people could respond to this post with their room numbers, I will add that to the final post.

JSteele --DM (47) DG (78) DD (20) DS (17) DD (7)
Vertigo-- DW, DH, DD (17) DD (15) DD (11) Room 7673
Mrs Coles--DW, DH, DG"x3" DD (6) DD (3)
4LoveofDisney--DW, DH, DS (10) DD (9) DS (5)
DisneyFan--DW, DH

I see that as 27 people. Please correct any mistakes that I made.

Soon!
Julie
We actually have 6 total in 7673&7675- daughters are 17, 15, 11, and 9/10 + dh and dw

Thanks again for organizing this!!!
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: