Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
dleighb
Earning My Ears

Prohibited Items

I have tried to go through the list of prohibited items to ensure that I don't bring anything; however, I am sometimes surprised by what is considered prohibited or forget contents in my purse. If I accidentally bring something that they consider a prohibited item, do they confiscate it and return it to me at the end of the cruise or is it thrown away?

It says no knives allowed, does this include a small swiss army knife which I mainly use for the tweezers, nail file, and scissors? I suppose I could break the blade off. I've brought it on other cruise lines with no issues, but every line is different. Or maybe I just got lucky in the past.

And I am assured there is a clothing steamer in one of the laundry rooms, right? For anything that the wrinkle release doesn't work on. How I will miss my travel steamer!

Thanks!

DB
dleighb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If something is removed from your luggage as a violation of DCL's rules, it will be tagged with your name and returned to you at the Lost and Found desk in the terminal at disembarkation.

There are no steamers in the laundry rooms, there are irons and ironing boards.

There are many things on the list that are not enforced strictly. There are things on the prohibited list that are SOLD in the gift shops on the ships. My daughter brought a small Swiss Army Knife without difficulty; whether a larger one would have gone thru the screening, I don't know. Honestly, I don't inspect the teen's or older luggage--they know what they should or shouldn't bring and if they do something stupid, I know it is an oversight and the item will be returned.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
dleighb
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I always have this same fear when I go through TSA at the airport. So far, no issues, but there's always a first time! At least with the cruise, I won't lose my item forever.
dleighb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: