Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #3796
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
So Disney's little "green" teaser for Friday is making me nuts. I really hope they aren't going to open up more half entries for Tinkerbell. That's a temptation I'm not sure I can handle. I would want to do it soooo bad but that's 3 halves in 3 months for me and logically I know I don't have the physical ability to do it. I just hope it's something else so I don't have to face the temptation.
Come on and join us! You know you wanna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Seriously. I would be in deep trouble. I had the impression that Anaheim is pretty limited in terms of crowd capacity, so it seems unlikely. It's a long story involving certificate expiration dates, but I actually have a frequent flyer ticket BOOKED to take me to Tink. I'm going to change it...but I haven't yet.

I briefly considered getting a package from GET and doing it, even though it's sheer madness. I signed up with Bethany's group for the Nike Women's Half in DC, so that's probably quite enough insanity for one spring.

But if they do open up more slots, um, I might not be responsible for my actions.

Cate
All the kool kids are doing both! Come on and join the Tink-side Cate! LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #3797
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
So Disney's little "green" teaser for Friday is making me nuts. I really hope they aren't going to open up more half entries for Tinkerbell. That's a temptation I'm not sure I can handle. I would want to do it soooo bad but that's 3 halves in 3 months for me and logically I know I don't have the physical ability to do it. I just hope it's something else so I don't have to face the temptation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Seriously. I would be in deep trouble. I had the impression that Anaheim is pretty limited in terms of crowd capacity, so it seems unlikely. It's a long story involving certificate expiration dates, but I actually have a frequent flyer ticket BOOKED to take me to Tink. I'm going to change it...but I haven't yet.

I briefly considered getting a package from GET and doing it, even though it's sheer madness. I signed up with Bethany's group for the Nike Women's Half in DC, so that's probably quite enough insanity for one spring.

But if they do open up more slots, um, I might not be responsible for my actions.

Cate
If that's what it is, you girls should totally sign up !! I'll be a little sad if it is because I did GET travel and it was so expensive and I didn't *need* a hotel. But I booked one for the night before the race so that way I could get a nice quiet sleep, and not sleeping on my friends floor like I planned on, for free .

But my halves next year are tink, princess, and hopefully the DC half. I also want to do the disneyland half again in sept (I just really like running their events!) and when Nike opens up San Fran again I'm going to go for that too (its in october). I'm feelin' a little cray cray, but it's okay!

I've said it before, I give good hugs....... and I love hugs after the race! the more the merrier!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #3798
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Come on and join us! You know you wanna!

All the kool kids are doing both! Come on and join the Tink-side Cate! LOL!
HAHA! I like where your head is at! Peer pressure
Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #3799
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

You ladies are killing me! Now I'm thinking about DC again too. My fam is seriously gonna find me a support group with a 12 step program.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #3800
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

If that's what it is, you girls should totally sign up !! I'll be a little sad if it is because I did GET travel and it was so expensive and I didn't *need* a hotel. But I booked one for the night before the race so that way I could get a nice quiet sleep, and not sleeping on my friends floor like I planned on, for free .

But my halves next year are tink, princess, and hopefully the DC half. I also want to do the disneyland half again in sept (I just really like running their events!) and when Nike opens up San Fran again I'm going to go for that too (its in october). I'm feelin' a little cray cray, but it's okay!

I've said it before, I give good hugs....... and I love hugs after the race! the more the merrier!
I know what you are saying my husband had to sign up through a charity and now we are struggling to raise the money and we paid a lot to enter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #3801
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess
You ladies are killing me! Now I'm thinking about DC again too. My fam is seriously gonna find me a support group with a 12 step program.
I am still thinking about joining DC too!!! The pressure

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #3802
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Kindakrazy and bskelly you guys are standing next to that devil on my shoulder that convinces me to do crazy stuff like this, and signing along! Worst is those three races will qualify you as a half fanatic, Bethany. That and a c2c medal is mighty tempting. But gotta save something for next year, right?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #3803
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

For those of you who are "thinking" about Tink....DO IT !!! Last year it was SO much fun and just think Coast to Coast. Who doesn't want a little more bling.

It's also fun to run in wings. Personally, I think you run faster.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #3804
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but with 253 pages it's a lot to sift through!

The rundisney website says the expo is at Coronado Springs, BUT the confirmation email from Active says it is at ESPN WWoS.

Anyone know which one is true?

Thanks

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
Old 11-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #3805
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but with 253 pages it's a lot to sift through!

The rundisney website says the expo is at Coronado Springs, BUT the confirmation email from Active says it is at ESPN WWoS.

Anyone know which one is true?

Thanks
It is at Coronado Springs they just changed it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #3806
Cripey
DIS Veteran

I can't think of anything else that teaser from runDisney could be other than opening up some more spaces...though I didn't even think earlier about what a bummer that would be to those who signed up through a travel company or charity after individual spaces had sold out. For those still on the fence...I say to go for it if that's what they end up doing. I really really enjoyed the course...I liked it a lot better than the DL half.

I'm off to WDW in the morning! And I have to pat myself on the back for a moment...I knew there was no way I was going to get up Saturday am at the Caribbean Beach and run the loop around the lagoon 8 times, so I did it today...just got back in from my 8 miler...of course it warmed up this week and it was a sunny 82 when I started. That wasn't so much fun, but I feel better knowing I did it. I need to try to at least get in 4 or 5 miles while I'm there, but I'm not gonna stress if I don't. The bf has decided to get in his 16 miler tomorrow am before we leave...which means a 3:45 am wake up for him tomorrow! He's crazy...but I bet he'll have a great nap on the plane . I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let's all be sure to indulge a little bit...I think we deserve it!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #3807
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I can't think of anything else that teaser from runDisney could be other than opening up some more spaces...though I didn't even think earlier about what a bummer that would be to those who signed up through a travel company or charity after individual spaces had sold out. For those still on the fence...I say to go for it if that's what they end up doing. I really really enjoyed the course...I liked it a lot better than the DL half.

I'm off to WDW in the morning! And I have to pat myself on the back for a moment...I knew there was no way I was going to get up Saturday am at the Caribbean Beach and run the loop around the lagoon 8 times, so I did it today...just got back in from my 8 miler...of course it warmed up this week and it was a sunny 82 when I started. That wasn't so much fun, but I feel better knowing I did it. I need to try to at least get in 4 or 5 miles while I'm there, but I'm not gonna stress if I don't. The bf has decided to get in his 16 miler tomorrow am before we leave...which means a 3:45 am wake up for him tomorrow! He's crazy...but I bet he'll have a great nap on the plane . I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let's all be sure to indulge a little bit...I think we deserve it!
Have a great trip !!!! Good job on your run before WDW. We're staying at the CBR for Princess weekend.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #3808
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I love CBR! We just stayed there for the Wine and Dine half weekend. Transportation to all of the race related events was seamless. Seems like every time we walked up to a stop, the bus we needed was pulling up.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #3809
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

skirt

Got my green sparkleskirt in the mail today. I ordered the fairy green because it's closest to the Shot@Life colors since I raising money for that org. It doesn't look as cool as I wanted it to. But, with my girls' green fairy wings it looks great!!!

But now I'm all dressed up for the Tink half and not the way I wanted to look for the Princess half. And now you princesses are telling me there are potentially spots opening up for the tink? One thing leads to another

Maybe I'll see if my daughter wants to be a fairy with me for the 5K, but I really was looking forward to being Pochahontas to her Meeko. Decisions, decisions...
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #3810
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I'm back... Almost... For the first time in almost two month I did a run yesterday without any pain in my hip. It was only a 2,4 mile trip and I went veryyyy slow, but I did it and it didn't hurt!!!
I know it well take time before I can start a proper training, but at least I can do smaller runs now. PHM here I come!!!

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY VISITS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL OffsiteDec'14-DLP SL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: