Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #3781
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm314 View Post
I feel fine when I walk, my pace is ok, I am improving on distance but my hip flexors hurt afterwards. I stretch but doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions?
I second AnotherPrincess on the foam roller. It changed everything for me. They used them with me in PT and I bought one. I literally travel with it to races and disneyworld hahahaa .

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #3782
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I got my pelvic/hip xray done today, and saw my Dr. It's good news! I don't have a shred of arthritis! My bones are dense, my hips are perfect, and my pelvis could fit a 10lb baby hahahahha. My problem is all in the ligaments and muscles that are very tight, and it can be helped by exercises and hot yoga! YAY! She also found that i must have broken my tailbone when i was young because it's misaligned. I told her I fell off a stool directly onto my tailbone soooo hard when i was 12-13 and just dealt with the pain :-/

She also had me do a lumbar xray bc of my L5 bulging disk issue that persists and the disk is definitely compressed. We are going to do an mri. In that film she found i have 5 1/2 vertebra down there where typical people have 5!!! What the what??!! Hahahhaa. I'm a special one.

So there you have it folks! Only elliptical and the exercises for now which is A-ok. I will hit the mean streets of LI in a couple weeks.

FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #3783
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
I second AnotherPrincess on the foam roller. It changed everything for me. They used them with me in PT and I bought one. I literally travel with it to races and disneyworld hahahaa .
I will third it. Love mine. Well, I hate it because it hurts like a beach but it works like a charm and that's what counts.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #3784
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

If anyone has an extra race retreat ticket they aren't using, I'd love to purchase it from you! Just made the decision to run the race today so a little behind the eight ball on this one! THANKS

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
Old 11-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #3785
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

I PRed on my 3 mile run tonight! 32:34 and feelin' good. I usually fall between 33-34 minutes. And to think... I didn't want to get out and run tonight! Moral of this story: GO OUT AND JUST DO IT ANYWAY!

Also, I decided to do the 10k Turkey Trot that is 2 hours away. One of my best friends is spending Thanksgiving up in Phoenix. Her brother is in town from LA and convinced me to drive up with them the night before so he could run it with me. So I don't have to wake up SUPER early and drive back same day. My GOAL is under an hour and 10 mins... so wish me luck, princesses!

Last edited by bskelly07; 11-20-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #3786
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Way to go, bskelly!

Last edited by IMGONNABE40!; 11-21-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #3787
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I got my MRI results today and the outcome was better than I'd hoped!! The MRI confirmed that it is indeed a stress fracture of the tibia but only a very slight one and there is no crack in the bone. And as a matter of fact it's already healing nicely! A my first appointment my doctor had prepared me to be out for at least 6 weeks (or longer) with no running at all and no weight bearing exercise. But now he gave me the ok to work out and do some walking right now and then in two weeks I can start a slow, easy run/walk!! I start physical therapy right away as well. I'm going to work hard this time not to do too much too soon and get injured again.

I have been so depressed that I haven't been able to do anything for the last two weeks but today I'm a happy camper! I'd planned to start training at the end of December to walk it and not get swept but now maybe I'll even get to run a little of it!
Excellent news!!!

Quote:
I got my pelvic/hip xray done today, and saw my Dr. It's good news! I don't have a shred of arthritis! My bones are dense, my hips are perfect, and my pelvis could fit a 10lb baby hahahahha. My problem is all in the ligaments and muscles that are very tight, and it can be helped by exercises and hot yoga! YAY! She also found that i must have broken my tailbone when i was young because it's misaligned. I told her I fell off a stool directly onto my tailbone soooo hard when i was 12-13 and just dealt with the pain :-/

She also had me do a lumbar xray bc of my L5 bulging disk issue that persists and the disk is definitely compressed. We are going to do an mri. In that film she found i have 5 1/2 vertebra down there where typical people have 5!!! What the what??!! Hahahhaa. I'm a special one.

So there you have it folks! Only elliptical and the exercises for now which is A-ok. I will hit the mean streets of LI in a couple weeks.
Yay! Good news for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
So after over a year of this running thing, I have finally gotten to the point where I can run my short runs significantly faster than my long runs. I know that's how it's supposed to work but I never could do it. I was about the same pace for all my runs. Somehow over the last few weeks I've realized I have the leg strength to run faster. Could I keep it up for the longer distances? No. But I'm pretty sure the longer distances will eventually catch up.
This makes me feel so much better! I thought there was something wrong with me. I too use to have my pace about the same. Lately though, short runs of 3 miles or so and my pace per mile is much less. I was starting to feel a bit discouraged on my longer runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I PRed on my 3 mile run tonight! 32:34 and feelin' good. I usually fall between 33-34 minutes. And to think... I didn't want to get out and run tonight! Moral of this story: GO OUT AND JUST DO IT ANYWAY!

Also, I decided to do the 10k Turkey Trot that is 2 hours away. One of my best friends is spending Thanksgiving up in Phoenix. Her brother is in town from LA and convinced me to drive up with them the night before so he could run it with me. So I don't have to wake up SUPER early and drive back same day. My GOAL is under an hour and 10 mins... so wish me luck, princesses!
Isn't that awesome how that works? You almost don't go out to run and then you do and BAM! great run!

Good luck on your Turkey Trot!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #3788
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

Good luck and have fun!!!
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #3789
MizBrix
Earning My Ears

Hi princesses :rincess wave::! I know I'm late to the sports bra conversation, but I used to be a 34G. I went to a specialty bra store and the lady that fitted me was a runner as well. She sold me the Goddess bra (no underwire) and it honestly changed my running! It's like running in a iron corset - I never bounced and moved. I still wear it, but in a thankfully smaller size. I swear by it. It's tight, but belly breathing is key and breathing gets easier once you start moving!

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know when they will announce the winner of the Night in the Castle sweepstakes!!! ::fingers crossed:: good luck to all the princesses on here!! And you Must let us know if you won!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #3790
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it went!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #3791
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Way to go! good luck on your trot!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #3792
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I completely gave up on appropriately sized sports bras. I am a 34F and I just cram them into a L or XL regular sports bra. The standard, no wires, no hook/eye, no frills, stretch them over your head and shove what you've got in place kind. I have no problems with bouncing or pain and they're so much more comfortable than the ones they make special for bigger busts. (It's funny how I try not to use the other b word because it got censored on here once before so I now live in fear of being flagged as a foul-mouth because I talk about sports bras. )
I'm a 34F too. It's so hard to find bras with small bands and big cups. Trust me, these are original equipment--if I had the option, they'd be smaller!

I've had good luck with Moving Comfort Juno and Helena in 34DD (the smaller size has that excellent "cram 'em in" approach. The ultimate, though, for me are these in M-DD: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/mov...colorFamily=02 And they're dirt cheap, which is good, because I air dry all my bras, and I need a few to get through a week of training.

Cate
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #3793
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

So Disney's little "green" teaser for Friday is making me nuts. I really hope they aren't going to open up more half entries for Tinkerbell. That's a temptation I'm not sure I can handle. I would want to do it soooo bad but that's 3 halves in 3 months for me and logically I know I don't have the physical ability to do it. I just hope it's something else so I don't have to face the temptation.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #3794
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
So Disney's little "green" teaser for Friday is making me nuts. I really hope they aren't going to open up more half entries for Tinkerbell. That's a temptation I'm not sure I can handle. I would want to do it soooo bad but that's 3 halves in 3 months for me and logically I know I don't have the physical ability to do it. I just hope it's something else so I don't have to face the temptation.
Seriously. I would be in deep trouble. I had the impression that Anaheim is pretty limited in terms of crowd capacity, so it seems unlikely. It's a long story involving certificate expiration dates, but I actually have a frequent flyer ticket BOOKED to take me to Tink. I'm going to change it...but I haven't yet.

I briefly considered getting a package from GET and doing it, even though it's sheer madness. I signed up with Bethany's group for the Nike Women's Half in DC, so that's probably quite enough insanity for one spring.

But if they do open up more slots, um, I might not be responsible for my actions.

Cate
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #3795
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate

Seriously. I would be in deep trouble. I had the impression that Anaheim is pretty limited in terms of crowd capacity, so it seems unlikely. It's a long story involving certificate expiration dates, but I actually have a frequent flyer ticket BOOKED to take me to Tink. I'm going to change it...but I haven't yet.

I briefly considered getting a package from GET and doing it, even though it's sheer madness. I signed up with Bethany's group for the Nike Women's Half in DC, so that's probably quite enough insanity for one spring.

But if they do open up more slots, um, I might not be responsible for my actions.

Cate
I considered the group for Nike. I heard the pace was 15 for that and I'm not trying to stack my odds against myself. Lol. Good point about the city of Anaheim. Whew! Now I can stop thinking about it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: