Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

You don't need to bother with the form.

Just head to guest services & like another poster said, if you're tight on luggage space, they'll also provide you an extension cord. Free of charge. WDW however, charges you for distilled water, a lot too since it's ordered thru the pharmacy.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

Best piece of advice we got before our first DCL trip was to pack a case of bottled water in a suitcase. Drink the water over the week (on ship, at CC beach, etc. -- free Diet Coke is great but eventually I just want some good water) and then you are not trying to figure out where to stuff the commemorative mouse ears, the three-gallon jug of H2O shampoo or whatever else floats your boat (get it? Boat? Cruise? Hee hee....). Anyhoo...same theory could apply to a gallon of distilled CPAP water (as it will now to me, as a new user myself). Always good to know you saved a few bucks when that post-cruise Visa bill arrives!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
Best piece of advice we got before our first DCL trip was to pack a case of bottled water in a suitcase. Drink the water over the week (on ship, at CC beach, etc. -- free Diet Coke is great but eventually I just want some good water) and then you are not trying to figure out where to stuff the commemorative mouse ears, the three-gallon jug of H2O shampoo or whatever else floats your boat (get it? Boat? Cruise? Hee hee....). Anyhoo...same theory could apply to a gallon of distilled CPAP water (as it will now to me, as a new user myself). Always good to know you saved a few bucks when that post-cruise Visa bill arrives!
No need to bring on bottled water. The water onboard is just a good. It's processed the same way - reverse osmosis/filtered. You can get it at the drink stations, at meals, in your room.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

@momma2jax!!! Where did u plug it in?? Did your son have any attacks while you were on your cruise? My DD had severe asthma as a baby and up until 18 months then it started to get better. We have been lucky and not had to use the neb in 4 or 5 months but I know if I don't bring it the wheezing will start!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
deedisneydream97
Mouseketeer

Was quite surprised when I went to plug in my c-pap on the Magic (farewell cruise NYC to Nova Scotia)....no outlets on the bed side of wall! Called guest services and they delivered an extension cord within 15 minutes. Plugged it in the outlet behind TV...kept the desk plugs free for wave phone and other stuff...could not find any plugs in bathroom either for curling irons and electric curlers!! I was not happy about an extension cord running across the floor...worried about someone tripping over it in the middle of the night!! Wonder why no built-in plug in the nightstand? I crawled around on all fours for about ten minutes before I gave up and called!!

Other than that....such a wonderful trip we had!!
deedisneydream97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2
@momma2jax!!! Where did u plug it in?? Did your son have any attacks while you were on your cruise? My DD had severe asthma as a baby and up until 18 months then it started to get better. We have been lucky and not had to use the neb in 4 or 5 months but I know if I don't bring it the wheezing will start!

Hi! We brought a power strip, because on the wonder, there are only outlets at the desk, and in the bathrooms. So we just plugged it in there, and he sat on our laps in the desk chair for his treatments.

My DS didn't have attacks on board. In fact, he has asthma and severe eczema, and I don't know why, but the crisp sea air (Alaska cruise) was pretty good for his skin and his breathing! He is on pulmicort 2x/day, and albuterol as needed.... And he didn't need it. That being said, I would bring it, just in case. I have heard that there is one in the medical center, but if you have room in your luggage, it is far easier and assuring to be able to run to the room if needed, than to wait for other people.

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #22
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I asked DCL for an extra extension cord for the neb (we have two connecting rooms) but she told me they might not be able to do it!

Alaska air is almost free from pollen and allergens! I grew up in anchorage. There are just not many flowers there so I am not surprised your DS didn't have many problems.

My DD was on the same pulmacort/albuterol regiment. When we moved to CO from MA I was able to phase out the pulmacort. .
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
seals
Mouseketeer

So do you carry the CPAP machine on board the ship with you? And carry it around until your room is ready? Trying to figure out what to do.
seals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seals View Post
So do you carry the CPAP machine on board the ship with you? And carry it around until your room is ready? Trying to figure out what to do.
Yes, carry it onboard and keep it with you until your room is ready.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #25
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seals
Yes.
We made sure it was with us at all times. We had it with our carry on luggage until our room was ready. It's a bit if a pain but can you imagine if that went missing!?!

You can call DCL ahead of time to have distilled water in the cabin. I called ahead with this request a few weeks before sailing. I was a little skeptical if the water would be in the room but sure enough it was.

An extension cord was not needed on the Fantasy.

All Star Movies January 2011
Pop Century October 2011
Disney Fantasy "Hurricane Sandy cruise" October 2012
Pop Century/ Disney World October 2013 before our cruise
Disney Fantasy October 2013
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
gaporee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
klass3
Mouseketeer

I also use a CPAP machine. When I spoke with DCL they said would have distilled water in my room. One less item to pack! Just wondering, does anyone know the charge/cost of the distilled water they provide?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #27
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klass3 View Post
I also use a CPAP machine. When I spoke with DCL they said would have distilled water in my room. One less item to pack! Just wondering, does anyone know the charge/cost of the distilled water they provide?
There is no charge for a gallon of distilled water for medical purposes provided on the ship.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
lakelandgal70
Life is too short for fake butter, cheese or people....

Hubby brought his when we cruised this month. Just packed it in one of the suitcases and brought some distilled water in our carry on. We were on the Dream. I had no idea they would put distilled water in your room. Good to know for next years cruise!
lakelandgal70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: