Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #841
Talbot23
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

Minniebride~ Thank you so much! I will definitely PM you if I have any questions. I've heard mixed reviews on the swan catering department so I am glad to hear from someone that had a great experience!
Talbot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #842
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

O'hana dinner after?

Hi, I'm new here. I've read through some of this thread but haven't seen anything on this topic so if I missed it and am repeating, I'm sorry!

Has anyone planned a dinner at O'hana after their ceremony? If so, were they able to easily accomadate a large-ish group? I wonder if this is even a good place to go for this or is it distracting with all the activity? Or do they have private rooms available? I have no idea...I've been there and don't see where they'd be, but just curious. Thanks for any feedback you can give!

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #843
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

In general, if you have a large group, Ohana encourages you to book your party either at the very beginning or very end of the night.

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #844
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFarra View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I've read through some of this thread but haven't seen anything on this topic so if I missed it and am repeating, I'm sorry!

Has anyone planned a dinner at O'hana after their ceremony? If so, were they able to easily accomadate a large-ish group? I wonder if this is even a good place to go for this or is it distracting with all the activity? Or do they have private rooms available? I have no idea...I've been there and don't see where they'd be, but just curious. Thanks for any feedback you can give!
I had my reception at Ohana and everyone loved it. I originally reserved for 30, but we ended up with 17 so I adjusted as we got closer. We were seated at one long table in the middle. Auntie was so much fun. she mad a big deal of our wedding and had us have a first dance. We had a few kids in our group so they enjoyed the activities while we enjoyed the adult company. The only downside was we had to wait about 30 min to be seated because you are relying on the previous parties to clear out. I would definitely do it all over again there.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #845
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Wanted to add, I contacted the managers before 180 days out telling them what I was doing and they made the reservations for me at 180 days and sent me the confirmation information. They were great to work with. I had my time at 7:45 because my ceremony was at 4 and I was planning pictures around a few resorts before dinner.

Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino

Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #846
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Wanted to add, I contacted the managers before 180 days out telling them what I was doing and they made the reservations for me at 180 days and sent me the confirmation information. They were great to work with. I had my time at 7:45 because my ceremony was at 4 and I was planning pictures around a few resorts before dinner.
Thank you! Sounds like fun! I know my fiance has had this in his vision long before we were even engaged! I will hopefully work with my Just Marry planner to help me coordinate this.

Were you able to wear your dress to dinner? That is, if you even wanted to. Haha

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #847
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFarra View Post
Thank you! Sounds like fun! I know my fiance has had this in his vision long before we were even engaged! I will hopefully work with my Just Marry planner to help me coordinate this.

Were you able to wear your dress to dinner? That is, if you even wanted to. Haha
Yes, I was able to wear my dress and I did. Definitely check if JM will help coordinate it, but I seem to think that you need to get the ADR yourself.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #848
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I agree. I am pretty sure that the JM team cannot get involved when it comes to receptions at Disney restaurants. I think they can only help with meals at restaurants at the S/D. It is very easy to make the ADRs yourself though!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #849
chris&wendy
Earning My Ears

Ok...

I am about out of my tree, and I thought planning a wedding was supposed to be fun.

I SO want to get married at Disney World. However, I was budgeting for an Escape package and it's become very clear that we will have more than 18 guests. We're looking more like 23-25. Since DFTW is a HUGE stickler, (even though we're not planning a formal reception), it's becoming clear that this isn't going to work for me. I don't want to spend an extra $5000.00 to meet a Wishes package minimum just to accommodate another 5 people. That's crazy.

Someone suggested that we look at the Swan and Dolphin so here we go. My main concern with this is the fact that as a Swalphin couple, we won't be able to book a portrait session with DFAPhotography at the Studios. We were having like a 20's-30's themed-ish ceremony, (originally planned for Sea Breeze Point at the Boardwalk), and wanted to have our bridal portraits done at the Studios on Sunset Boulevard etc.

I've contact DFAPhotography and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know the answer? *sigh*
chris&wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #850
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

I guess you already read the posts on the Facebook group, but yes you can have your shoot at DHS in bridal attire, but obviously would need to use Disney Photography Services for this.
Happy Planning sweetie!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 11-22-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #851
chris&wendy
Earning My Ears

Yes, and I'm so glad I found the Facebook group mentioned here! It's put my mind at ease!
chris&wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #852
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
I had my reception at Ohana and everyone loved it. I originally reserved for 30, but we ended up with 17 so I adjusted as we got closer. We were seated at one long table in the middle. Auntie was so much fun. she mad a big deal of our wedding and had us have a first dance. We had a few kids in our group so they enjoyed the activities while we enjoyed the adult company. The only downside was we had to wait about 30 min to be seated because you are relying on the previous parties to clear out. I would definitely do it all over again there.
Ok, I have to ask, how did you get everyone to Ohana? My wife and I are looking at doing our VR at the S/D around sunset and then going to Ohana right after for dinner. I haven't been to wdw in 16 years and DW hasn't been since she was like a year old so neither of us have any idea what we're doing when it comes to navigating transportation.

Edit: I also just asked to join the swalphins group on Facebook.

Last edited by bluedevilinaz; 12-02-2012 at 10:47 PM.
bluedevilinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #853
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Just added you on FB! You'll get much faster answers there.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #854
tinkerbell 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Ok, I have to ask, how did you get everyone to Ohana? My wife and I are looking at doing our VR at the S/D around sunset and then going to Ohana right after for dinner. I haven't been to wdw in 16 years and DW hasn't been since she was like a year old so neither of us have any idea what we're doing when it comes to navigating transportation.

Welcome to our little group and congratulations on your upcoming VR.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #855
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Just added you on FB! You'll get much faster answers there.
Thanks! Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Welcome to our little group and congratulations on your upcoming VR.
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: