Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

ADRs AFTER Park Hours

I have an ADR at DHS at 8:20 p.m. on a night that the park closes at 8 p.m. I was fine with this until I read that the resort busses stop running one hour after park closing. Is this true? If so, then we'll need to cancel as I don't want to have to pay for a taxi to get back to our resort. In addition, we won't have a booster seat with us for DS.

Thanks in advance.
jkrislc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this question!! I have an ADR at Boma at 6:30 on a night that AK closes at 6. Thought I was planning well for that one! Does anyone know if buses run from AK or AKL after the park closes?

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
Thanks for posting this question!! I have an ADR at Boma at 6:30 on a night that AK closes at 6. Thought I was planning well for that one! Does anyone know if buses run from AK or AKL after the park closes?
Hopefully we'll get a response.

As for your question, I'm confused. Boma is at AKL, so why does an early closing of AK matter? If you're at another resort, you'll need to take the AKL bus to another park or Downtown Disney and then connect to your resort bus from there. Pick whichever is closest. If all the parks are closed, then Downtown Disney is your only bus option that I know of as those busses run late (11 pm or even later).
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness!! That would make sense about AKL... Thank you. Not sure where my brain was earlier!

As for your dilemma... Do the boats stop running at the same time the buses do? If not, and you really wanted to keep your ADR, you could hop a boat to one of the resorts or EP? Just a thought... But, as you may have realized, my brain may already be on vacation!! Good luck!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

My understanding is that the boats stop even earlier than the busses.

I have some hope as one of the threads suggested that a cast member stays in the bus area to ensure that you aren't stranded, but I wanted to confirm this since my reservation options are limited as we decided rather late to do WDW before our cruise on the Fantasy.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

We had a similar issue last year and I really started to panic when walking out of HS and we were only seeing castmembers in the park.
I was on the phone with our resort asking what we could do since I assumed all of the busses for the night were gone, when another set of busses came alone and we were able to get one one.
This was about 90 minutes after park closing because Sci-Fi was running nearly 45 minutes past their reservation time.
Just keep your resorts phone number plugged into your phone and they will always help you out.

We had the opposite problem as well with an early ressie....the busses weren't up yet (which was our chosen method of transportation), due to incorrect info given to us by a castmember but as soon as I said "it's ok, we will just grab a taxi" they insisted we stay there at the TTC and they got a bus to take just us and another family over to the park.

I think they try their best to go out of their way to help anytime they can.

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

Thank you, Nicole. That's a bit more reassuring.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

We likewise had a similar problem. Did not have a problem getting back to resort for late adr after park closing. It was the early adr to Animal Kingdom for our Animal Trek. Every bus came and went for the full hour before, luckily we had our car. Never had a problem at park closing. In fact, we like walking through the park when it's empty.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
River Country
DIS Jedi

1. keep your resort phone number handy
2. keep a taxi cab number handy
3. depending on where you are in WDW there are always busses running to DTD and from there you can always transfer to your resort. at least until like 2AM i think.
4. Sleep on the ground outside the park you are at and you will be first for Rope Drop in the AM
River Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Country
1. keep your resort phone number handy
2. keep a taxi cab number handy
3. depending on where you are in WDW there are always busses running to DTD and from there you can always transfer to your resort. at least until like 2AM i think.
4. Sleep on the ground outside the park you are at and you will be first for Rope Drop in the AM
Just an FYI there are no phone numbers you can call to get " your resort." All phone numbers will route you to a call center, where they will typically pretend they are answering from the resort (but they may not even be in Florida!)

PP are correct, Disney will never leave you stranded at a park. You may just have to take a bus to DTD and then one to your resort.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

You can walk to Boardwalk area from HS if necessary and catch a bus to DTD and then to your resort. Just a suggestion but I am sure there is an easier option. In my experience, most CM's will not leave you stranded.

When we have had early morning reservations without a car, we ask our resort front desk what we should do.

We had early morning reservation for Chef Mickey's and we were told to get on a bus for MK and ask them if they could drop us off at Contemporary because we had breakfast with Mickey. It was done and we felt special. Very nice.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

This happened to us a few years ago when we were eating at Rainforest at AK. We had late ressies and didn't even think about the bus until we were done with our meal. We began to slightly panic thinking we'd be stranded and the waitstaff assured us that Disney makes sure all guests get where they need to go and we would not be stranded. As promised, we were just fine.

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy
This happened to us a few years ago when we were eating at Rainforest at AK. We had late ressies and didn't even think about the bus until we were done with our meal. We began to slightly panic thinking we'd be stranded and the waitstaff assured us that Disney makes sure all guests get where they need to go and we would not be stranded. As promised, we were just fine.
So reassuring!! Thanks for the info!

DVC members since 7/12

Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrislc View Post
I have an ADR at DHS at 8:20 p.m. on a night that the park closes at 8 p.m. I was fine with this until I read that the resort busses stop running one hour after park closing. Is this true? If so, then we'll need to cancel as I don't want to have to pay for a taxi to get back to our resort. In addition, we won't have a booster seat with us for DS.

Thanks in advance.
They will NOT strand you at the park. There will be a bus to take you back to your resort.

We had at 7:30pm adr at Mama Melrose on a night that DHS closed at 8pm. We weren't done until 8:45pm, then walked over to catch the last few minutes of Osborne Lights. Those went off at 9pm. Then we made our way to the front of the park. Lingered to take pictures and there were still busses at 9:45pm and 2 CM's with radios asking which resort you needed to go to. I can assure you that we were not the last ones out of the park....we saw many people still shopping and taking pictures.
2006: POFQ
2007: POP Century
2011: POFQ
2012: POP Century
2015: Resort TBD
Neelloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
If you are AK you can certainly take a bus from there to AKL for your adr. The busses will continue to run until all guests go where they need to go.
2006: POFQ
2007: POP Century
2011: POFQ
2012: POP Century
2015: Resort TBD
Neelloc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: