Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #46
LoveRafiki
Mouseketeer

How Early in Line for Lunch??? Thursday?

We will go to MK on Thursday -- (have ADR for Liberty Tree for dinner) - would like to do lunch at BOG - any ideas on when we should "get in line" for this?
THANKS
LoveRafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #47
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisney View Post
For lunch, can you go in and find a table first, get settled and send someone up to do the ordering?
No, and doing it that way would take -forever-, because the person "going up" would be at the back of a long line across the bridge.

If there's a reason your party can't all go in together, there is a workaround, but the capacity for it is pretty limited. The inside part of the line is fairly short (by Disney standards), and you don't need to carry your food to your table, so most parties should be able to stay together for ordering and finding a table.

What you can do is order, find a table, get settled, and then send someone up to fetch fountain drinks/silverware/napkins/straws/etc.

magicaldisney: There are larger tables, and some groups would push together a table for six and a table for four. The ordering process is pretty simple and the screens lead you through it step by step.

The kiosk assembles your food into "meals" for the dining plan, and some of our party was concerned that they would get someone else's dessert because we didn't order entrees, drinks and desserts in the same order. It wasn't an issue, because the meal groupings are only a convenience to help you.
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #48
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

At lunch, the ordering process is easy and there are plenty of staff there to help you.

Essentially, you get a Red Rose (sensor thing) and you touch the sensor at the screen where you order. It's easy, nothing too difficult at all. There are many (maybe 10?) screen stations to order. After that, you find a seat in 1 of the 3 differently themed dining rooms. The largest is the Beast's Ballroom, which has exquisite chandeliers! It's also "snowing" outside the castle and it is so beautiful to see.

Servers serve you from beautiful, wooden rolling carts---tres Francais!!!

We did not have a wait at all. Just walked up, and got in. I think crowds will depend on whether it's preview or completely open.

The place is HUGE so that helps. Plus, it moves really fast.

A sweet little detail--the pop station. Also themed and very cool.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #49
Hej2222
Mouseketeer

I would love to hear from someone who had lunch at BOG after the soft opening on November 19. We have a child with special needs who does not tolerate lines well, and I was planning to wait in line by myself until it is time to order while she waits somewhere else in a quiet place. Does such an option exist at BOG? I tried for months to get an ADR for dinner, but it did not happen, so lunch is our only option (or just skipping BOG entirely). How long was the wait on November 19 or after, and was early or late lunch less crowded?

November 2014-ASMuR/AoA; June 2014-OKW/GF Villas and cruise on Disney Dream; Nov 2013-AoA/off site; July 2013-off site (GKTW) and cruise on Disney Dream; November 2012-off site; Aug 2012-Disney Magic NYC; July 2012-AoA; Nov 2011-BLT; June 2011, April 2010, Jan 2009, March 2008-off site; Oct 1996-Disneyland Honeymoon; Sept 1994-off site (adult only)
Hej2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #50
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the information guys. Looking forward to trying it very soon!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #51
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej2222 View Post
We have a child with special needs who does not tolerate lines well, and I was planning to wait in line by myself until it is time to order while she waits somewhere else in a quiet place. Does such an option exist at BOG?
I'd give a qualified "yes".

1) You won't be reunited until after you order.
2) "quiet" can be pretty relative in the FLE. It's crowded, people are confused and not sure how everything works yet, so there's more chaos than there otherwise would be. The view off the bridge is fairly pleasant and relaxing though, and she should be able to hang out there for some/most of the time.
3) Timing can be problematic. We had problems with cell phones not working (particularly in the ordering area, but in the seating area as well) at BOG.
dawnball is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: