Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #31
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

Good to hear. I've been trying to get a ressie for Christmas week but everything that week is unavailable. Same goes for CRT. For the bad reviews that place gets, it's booked for our whole trip.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRookie2007
I've been trying to snag a dinner ADR for our planned trip in at the end February...but no luck so far. I guess we'll have to plan on a lunch instead....but I won't give up so easily, i will keep trying.

I figured a table for 2 would be easy to obtain ?
We have been trying as well for the end of February with no luck. We are planning on lunch also if we do not get one. Good luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #33
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Just what Disney needs -- another noisy, crowded restaurant with sound effects where you order on a computer screen and the food is delivered on a cart. Sounds like T-Rex on steroids. We'll skip it.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #34
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're the minority, ElizabethB, lol!

We're looking forward to trying BOG for lunch for our January trip - been trying like crazy to get ADR but we booked our trip just a couple of weeks ago so we're behind to begin with......
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #35
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

For lunch, can you go in and find a table first, get settled and send someone up to do the ordering?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #36
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisney View Post
For lunch, can you go in and find a table first, get settled and send someone up to do the ordering?
Apparently not. Everyone is sent through the ordering room before they get access to the dining room. If you have someone who must sit for medical reasons I would ask the cast members how to handle that.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #37
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Apparently not. Everyone is sent through the ordering room before they get access to the dining room. If you have someone who must sit for medical reasons I would ask the cast members how to handle that.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
osu2k1
Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

We are going to do lunch there! I was excited to see it's a QS meal! Woo! How long does it take to get through the order line and into the dining room? I need to see some pics! Off to search!

SURPRISE TRIP FOR THE BOYS Dec 8-15, '12: Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest room
PTR: Santa's coming early!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #39
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Just curious...is alcohol available at lunch too or only dinner?

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #40
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No alcohol at lunch. Dinner only.

Took about 10-15 minutes to get through the line, but that was at a passholder preview with limited admittance.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #41
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Took about 10-15 minutes to get through the line, but that was at a passholder preview with limited admittance.
I'm curious to hear some reports about the wait at lunch now that is in general peviews.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #42
A_Princess'_Daddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I'm curious to hear some reports about the wait at lunch now that is in general peviews.
We went for lunch on Saturday which was still, I believe, technically a preview day but everything was open to the general public except Storytime with Belle, and we were told out front that the wait time for lunch would be about 25-30 minutes, but in reality it was about 20 minutes. The process went extremely smoothly (with the exception of the guest ordering in front of us who restarted their order four times because they couldn't figure out how to work the system, but I chalk that up to user error as it was obvious to me, standing behind them, what they were doing wrong but they were stubborn) and the meal was by far the best CS I've eaten in the MK, and possibly the best CS in all of WDW. The ambiance was incredible, and the presentation of the food in the dining room was really neat (as was the fact that they "find you" on their own, using the RFID in the little rose they give you when you check in).

We then had dinner there last night and I cannot say enough positive things about the meal, the setting, and even the service, which was remarkably smooth and unrushed (despite the fact that the place was packed). I had the pork chop and it was really moist and tender. The mac & cheese au gratin was good, not spectacular but I'm not a massive mac & cheese fan. The French Onion soup was delicious and really cheesy; the crouton could have benefited from a toasting prior to being placed in the soup, but that is a very minor issue. My wife had the salmon and it was really good, as was the leek fondue served with it. The desserts were also tasty, and the table-side service was a very nice presentation.

Overall, BOG blows any other MK restaurant out of the water in terms of food quality, atmosphere, service, and even price. What was most amazing to me was that, after our TIW discount, the meal was almost $40 less than our dinner the night before at Biergarten (where we also used TIW) and the meal was far better (and we love Biergarten).
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #43
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Princess'_Daddy View Post
We went for lunch on Saturday which was still, I believe, technically a preview day but everything was open to the general public except Storytime with Belle, and we were told out front that the wait time for lunch would be about 25-30 minutes, but in reality it was about 20 minutes. The process went extremely smoothly (with the exception of the guest ordering in front of us who restarted their order four times because they couldn't figure out how to work the system, but I chalk that up to user error as it was obvious to me, standing behind them, what they were doing wrong but they were stubborn) and the meal was by far the best CS I've eaten in the MK, and possibly the best CS in all of WDW. The ambiance was incredible, and the presentation of the food in the dining room was really neat (as was the fact that they "find you" on their own, using the RFID in the little rose they give you when you check in).

We then had dinner there last night and I cannot say enough positive things about the meal, the setting, and even the service, which was remarkably smooth and unrushed (despite the fact that the place was packed). I had the pork chop and it was really moist and tender. The mac & cheese au gratin was good, not spectacular but I'm not a massive mac & cheese fan. The French Onion soup was delicious and really cheesy; the crouton could have benefited from a toasting prior to being placed in the soup, but that is a very minor issue. My wife had the salmon and it was really good, as was the leek fondue served with it. The desserts were also tasty, and the table-side service was a very nice presentation.

Overall, BOG blows any other MK restaurant out of the water in terms of food quality, atmosphere, service, and even price. What was most amazing to me was that, after our TIW discount, the meal was almost $40 less than our dinner the night before at Biergarten (where we also used TIW) and the meal was far better (and we love Biergarten).
I'd definitely stop in for lunch one day if the wait was only 20 minutes. But even if it was open to everyone Saturday, it wasn't publicized in advance that it would be. I think the only days that came with prior notice it would definitely be open to all were Monday 11/19 forward.

Thanks for your report!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #44
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Princess'_Daddy View Post
The process went extremely smoothly (with the exception of the guest ordering in front of us who restarted their order four times because they couldn't figure out how to work the system, but I chalk that up to user error as it was obvious to me,
What is the process? Is it difficult to figure out?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #45
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

How about getting a table for a party of 9? Will that be difficult? Do they have larger seating areas?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: