Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Disney might not like the negative comments but we do feel free to share them here
Really???
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I have posted on the Disney blog and made negative comments (regarding Pleasure Island and the adventurers club) and had them get posted up.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they block negative posts there. Again, your at the corporate site, they're going to stop overly negative comments. (It would be like going to the Sony website and posting a super-negative review in their product reviews. Do you really think that'll go up?)

I would say you did the right thing. Post there, then post here.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
tcufrog
DIS Veteran

Disney is a company out to make a profit. They may look cute and cuddly at WDW with sweet princesses who hug little kids and the giant furry animals that walk around but they don't do it as an act of charity or out of the goodness of their hearts. They do it to make loads of money. They aren't going to put up criticism of their brand on their website because they don't have to and how is it going to help them make money?
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #19
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcufrog
Disney is a company out to make a profit. They may look cute and cuddly at WDW with sweet princesses who hug little kids and the giant furry animals that walk around but they don't do it as an act of charity or out of the goodness of their hearts. They do it to make loads of money. They aren't going to put up criticism of their brand on their website because they don't have to and how is it going to help them make money?
Well, you've got the fundamental truth of the Walt Disney Company down solid...go from there

(FYI...many people here have zero concept/will never grasp this)
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #20
tcufrog
DIS Veteran

lockedoutlogic...

I like the movies and when I was a kid had my favorite princess (Belle) even though I never dressed up like her. I even went through a Winnie the Pooh phase when I was younger. I think it's great to have something you're passionate about and a hobby you love whether it's Disney or swimming. I never got how people could treat the Disney Corporation in a special way other than another company out to make money. That doesn't mean I think Disney is necessarily evil or anything but Disney isn't Mother Theresa either.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #21
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran

This whole discussion just reminds me why most corporate Facebook pages are a complete waste of time. Commercial enterprises don't come into social networks wanting to engage people in meaningful, open discussion. They want a billboard they control, only allowing superficial "thumbs up" reaction to whatever product or service agenda they are promoting.
CandyMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcufrog View Post
That is why sites like Amazon are wining the online war. Amazon encourages all feed back, this allows it's customers to make informed decisions and provides for transparency.

It is obvious when a company's website are censoring the customer's postings. The censorship to me is a big red flag that something is wrong with their products and they are trying to hid it rather then using customer feed back to improve their products.

WDW is receiving feed back that customer want better coffee. And they are also receive negative feed back on inclusion of Starbucks. Maybe WDW should take a step back and using customer input, modify their implantation. Perhaps a better method would be to change Venders at the beverage centers from Nescafe to Starbucks or to a better coffee like Seattle's Best.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthuruscg View Post
That is why sites like Amazon are wining the online war. Amazon encourages all feed back, this allows it's customers to make informed decisions and provides for transparency.
That's a very flawed analogy.

Disney is a manufacturer / content creator. Amazon is simply a retail vendor who sells other manufacturers' products. Amazon doesn't care which brand of wireless router, laptop or TV its customers buy because they carry 'em all.

There are still avenues to communicate with Disney. They see all of the comments people submit to the Parks Blog. But it's not reasonable to expect Disney to give customers a forum to publicly air their grievances.

It may smack of censorship but I don't see where Disney has anything to gain by allowing overly critical comments to be posted. Millions of people have touching, personal stories of memories made at the Main Street Bakery, Toon Town or Test Track. But if Disney allowed the public to dictate theme park development, progress would grind to a halt.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: