DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #3076
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berks County, Pa
Posts: 2,369

Checked in online today!!! Can't wait!!
__________________
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
PrincessAlways is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #3077
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreaming92701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,891

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways
Checked in online today!!! Can't wait!!
Have tons of fun.
disneydreaming92701 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #3078
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berks County, Pa
Posts: 2,369

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming92701 View Post
Have tons of fun.
Thanks!!
__________________
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
PrincessAlways is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #3079
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran
 
gonecrusin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 615

Happy Birthday!

Mickey Mouse
__________________
Susan

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
gonecrusin is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #3080
gmi3804
DIS Veteran
 
gmi3804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 780

I'm in the process of deciding which kind of 2BR villa to book at OKW, and where. Lock-off ability is unimportant to me, as is ability to access the master from the hallway, so I don't have to worry about a 30+ numbered building.

A few questions, then, about OKW villas:

1. Do the laminate floors make the footsteps from upstairs intrusive/annoying?

2. Building 25 ("Near HH" category) looks like it may have views across a lake to Bonnet Creek Parkway. Is traffic noise unreasonable?

3. Of the two "Near HH" sections (11-14 and 23-26), which has the more peaceful and preferred views? Both sections look to be equidistant from the HH; is this correct?

4. If I use the bus service from the HH stop, can I get on after the bus has made its OKW internal stops? Which order does the bus make the internal stops?

Thanks!
__________________


Stupid Judy.
gmi3804 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #3081
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
I'm in the process of deciding which kind of 2BR villa to book at OKW, and where. Lock-off ability is unimportant to me, as is ability to access the master from the hallway, so I don't have to worry about a 30+ numbered building.

A few questions, then, about OKW villas:

1. Do the laminate floors make the footsteps from upstairs intrusive/annoying?

2. Building 25 ("Near HH" category) looks like it may have views across a lake to Bonnet Creek Parkway. Is traffic noise unreasonable?

3. Of the two "Near HH" sections (11-14 and 23-26), which has the more peaceful and preferred views? Both sections look to be equidistant from the HH; is this correct?

4. If I use the bus service from the HH stop, can I get on after the bus has made its OKW internal stops? Which order does the bus make the internal stops?

Thanks!
4 - Last stop is at HH. Route is as follows:
Peninsular Road
South Point
Turtle Pond
Millers Road
Hospitality House

Internal (DTD/TL) Bus stops at HH first (and last, too, I think).
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #3082
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,
 
helenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Pottstown, PA, USA
Posts: 8,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Checked in online today!!! Can't wait!!
What are the choices that are given for the online check in?
__________________

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14
helenk is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #3083
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

I checked in online today too! I requested South Point and Canal view. Hoping for building 45 or 46!!!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #3084
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berks County, Pa
Posts: 2,369

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk View Post
What are the choices that are given for the online check in?
I requested near HH....we'll see what happens. As long as we have a 1st floor & near a bus stop, we'll be fine.
__________________
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
PrincessAlways is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #3085
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
I requested near HH....we'll see what happens. As long as we have a 1st floor & near a bus stop, we'll be fine.
That's not a request. That's a booking category. You are either in the HH area or not based on your reservation.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #3086
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk View Post
What are the choices that are given for the online check in?
Here you go!

"Add up to 2 room requests. Though we try to honor all requests, we cannot guarantee them, unless otherwise indicated below.

Housekeeping Requests
  • Pack 'n Play® Playard
Room Requests
  • Request Hospitality House Area
  • Request Old Turtle Pond Road Area
  • Ground floor
  • Request Peninsular Road Are
  • Request Miller's Road Area
  • Request Canal View
  • Request Canal View
  • Request South Point Road Area
  • Requests Dual Lavatory Entrances
  • Request Fairway View
  • Near transportation"


Quite a list compared to BWV which I'll show for comparison:

"Room Requests
  • Ground floor
  • Near transportation

Housekeeping Requests
  • Pack 'n Play® Playard"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
That's not a request. That's a booking category. You are either in the HH area or not based on your reservation.
Apparently it is both. What I posted above is exactly the options given when doing online check in. Considering that there are buildings close to HH that are not in that category it's not completely surprising.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #3087
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
...Apparently it is both. What I posted above is exactly the options given when doing online check in. Considering that there are buildings close to HH that are not in that category it's not completely surprising.
There are several "online booking requests" that are not possible when you look at the different resorts.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #3088
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,
 
helenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Pottstown, PA, USA
Posts: 8,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Here you go!

"Add up to 2 room requests. Though we try to honor all requests, we cannot guarantee them, unless otherwise indicated below.

Housekeeping Requests
  • Pack 'n Play® Playard
Room Requests
  • Request Hospitality House Area
  • Request Old Turtle Pond Road Area
  • Ground floor
  • Request Peninsular Road Are
  • Request Miller's Road Area
  • Request Canal View
  • Request Canal View
  • Request South Point Road Area
  • Requests Dual Lavatory Entrances
  • Request Fairway View
  • Near transportation"


Quite a list compared to BWV which I'll show for comparison:

"Room Requests
  • Ground floor
  • Near transportation

Housekeeping Requests
  • Pack 'n Play® Playard"





Apparently it is both. What I posted above is exactly the options given when doing online check in. Considering that there are buildings close to HH that are not in that category it's not completely surprising.
Wow quite a selection. I had already called member services to request the Turtle Pond area, so I'm good to go.
__________________

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14
helenk is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #3089
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 9,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
There are several "online booking requests" that are not possible when you look at the different resorts.
I'm not understanding - or my post may have been unclear but each resort has different lists.

The one I posted above in blue is specific for OKW.

The one I posted in purple is specific to BWV.

As far as I can tell each one has a possibility of being fulfilled at BWV. OKW has the exceptions if your booked in the HH category then a couple of the neighborhood requests couldn't be fulfilled and the lavatories. But that's the trade off if you booked HH. They just aren't 100% smart with the request list but since they aren't guaranteed I guess DVC doesn't particularly care. I don't think it can be argued that you can't be near HH even though not booked into it so that would be a valid request and is an option to choose.
__________________
Kathy


Last edited by KAT4DISNEY; 11-20-2012 at 09:00 PM.
KAT4DISNEY is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #3090
Muhlenberg
Clues! We want clues!
It's a small world after all It's a small world after all...
E / E
Tushy imprinting chair here
 
Muhlenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under a Rock in Gilbertsville, PA
Posts: 12,546

Thank you for that list! I haven't yet decided if I'm checking in online or not, but the list is helpful!

We're starting to get excited for our first stay at OKW!
__________________
Kathy It's O.K. to Dream...

Next dream unknown...



CR 6/97 6/00 8/06 1/07 CBR 8/07 CR 1/08 BWV 8/08 SSR 1/09 AKV-K 9/09
BLT 2/10 THV 8/10 BWV 1/11 AKV-K 4/12 OKW 12/12 SSR 12/13



Muhlenberg is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: