Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #3586
em36
Mouseketeer

We are coming back!!

My husband and I were discussing our plans for summer vacation. We had origionally planned to travel to California and take a train from Los Angeles to Seattle. As I began to explore the cost of plane tickets for four from Atlanta, train tickets in two sleeping cars, car rental, and about 12 nights in hotel rooms, the trip became quite cost prohibitive. I innocently mentioned, ha ha, that I wouldn't mind taking a week long trip to the YC again. We visited for a week this past summer and had a wonderful time. He agreed that this sounded like a good idea!!!!

I immediatly booked the YC in a GV Club room. Our dates are June 9-June16. We have told our daughters, ages 9 and 13, that we will be going to the Keys this summer. They are mildly excited about that but have mentioned that it will be sad traveling through Florida and not stopping at Disney World. We plan to surprise them with this trip. I hope we can keep it a secret until we get to DW property. Disney is absolutely their favorite place on earth.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #3587
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Soon ... either this week or next week they said.
Thank you Teena

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #3588
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately our wonderful fresh smell is gone for the entire time the carousel is up and we smell like gingerbread. It's fine for the first 30 minutes. Then it gets a bit strong. And my hair and clothes smell. Dogs were chasing me yesterday when I got home from work.
Well if you'd quit rolling in the grass like I told you maybe those dogs would leave you alone. And another thing... quit carrying all that bacon in your pockets! That's another reason why they chase you!!

Umm.... BACON!!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #3589
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by em36 View Post
SNIP!
I immediately booked the YC in a GV Club room. Our dates are June 9-June16. We have told our daughters, ages 9 and 13, that we will be going to the Keys this summer. They are mildly excited about that but have mentioned that it will be sad traveling through Florida and not stopping at Disney World. We plan to surprise them with this trip. I hope we can keep it a secret until we get to DW property. Disney is absolutely their favorite place on earth.
The possibilities for this charade are endless. If it were me, I'd be making up a fake itinerary with plans for visits to such exciting places as "The Nursing Home museum" and the "Liverwurst Factory tour" . I'd really talk it up too and get really excited about how they offer free samples at the Liverwurst factory. Really work that itinerary so they think you've lost your mind.

Perhaps you and your husband can "argue" about which would be "more educational" for the kids, the "Make your own stuffed manatee at the mall store" or the "Learn how to milk a poisonous snake experience"

If it were me I'd be all over this one.... jus sayin....

~NM
Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #3590
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately our wonderful fresh smell is gone for the entire time the carousel is up and we smell like gingerbread. It's fine for the first 30 minutes. Then it gets a bit strong. And my hair and clothes smell. Dogs were chasing me yesterday when I got home from work.
Teena I read this at work today (can only "lurk" at work" and I almost spit out my coffee! For some reason I can't get the picture of you (and for some unknown reason you are wearing your BC CM outfit) outrunning a pack of gingerbread lusting dogs!

You must be getting excited for your cruise and your Christmas visitors!

I can't wait for July!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #3591
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Teena I read this at work today (can only "lurk" at work" and I almost spit out my coffee! For some reason I can't get the picture of you (and for some unknown reason you are wearing your BC CM outfit) outrunning a pack of gingerbread lusting dogs!

You must be getting excited for your cruise and your Christmas visitors!

I can't wait for July!
Super excited!!!

And more good news. Thanks to one of our Disers here, we just rented a house in Newport Beach, CA for Lily's 2nd birthday ... for a week (July 8th we arrive). Then towards the end of July and the the first two weeks of August, Jeanne and Lily will be here in Florida with us and we will be staying at the Beach Club for 4-5 nights or maybe longer. Lily has to go back to Stormalong Bay!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #3592
deebeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
My husband and I were discussing our plans for summer vacation. We had origionally planned to travel to California and take a train from Los Angeles to Seattle. As I began to explore the cost of plane tickets for four from Atlanta, train tickets in two sleeping cars, car rental, and about 12 nights in hotel rooms, the trip became quite cost prohibitive. I innocently mentioned, ha ha, that I wouldn't mind taking a week long trip to the YC again. We visited for a week this past summer and had a wonderful time. He agreed that this sounded like a good idea!!!!

I immediatly booked the YC in a GV Club room. Our dates are June 9-June16. We have told our daughters, ages 9 and 13, that we will be going to the Keys this summer. They are mildly excited about that but have mentioned that it will be sad traveling through Florida and not stopping at Disney World. We plan to surprise them with this trip. I hope we can keep it a secret until we get to DW property. Disney is absolutely their favorite place on earth.
That's great you guys are surprising your girls. I am curious... does anyone know what the crowds are during that time... early June??? We usually go to WDW during Halloween. This past year was the last for pulling the kids out of school. We will not be able to pull them out anymore. They are done school early June. Thoughts???? for family that is used to low crowds during Oct. 25th through early Nov.
thanks.
d
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #3593
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck View Post
That's great you guys are surprising your girls. I am curious... does anyone know what the crowds are during that time... early June??? We usually go to WDW during Halloween. This past year was the last for pulling the kids out of school. We will not be able to pull them out anymore. They are done school early June. Thoughts???? for family that is used to low crowds during Oct. 25th through early Nov.
thanks.
d
Honestly, we don't seem to have slow times any more. However, usually the first two weeks of June are a bit less crowded than the month of July.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #3594
em36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

The possibilities for this charade are endless. If it were me, I'd be making up a fake itinerary with plans for visits to such exciting places as "The Nursing Home museum" and the "Liverwurst Factory tour" . I'd really talk it up too and get really excited about how they offer free samples at the Liverwurst factory. Really work that itinerary so they think you've lost your mind.

Perhaps you and your husband can "argue" about which would be "more educational" for the kids, the "Make your own stuffed manatee at the mall store" or the "Learn how to milk a poisonous snake experience"

~NM
Ha, I love that idea. I am a teacher so telling them that this was going to be an educational trip would be believable and it would cause moans and groans that could be heard for miles. My husband is a huge train fanatic so I think we may tell them that we are taking pictures of every depot, engine, and train track we can find. Good times!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #3595
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ha, I love that idea. I am a teacher so telling them that this was going to be an educational trip would be believable and it would cause moans and groans that could be heard for miles. My husband is a huge train fanatic so I think we may tell them that we are taking pictures of every depot, engine, and train track we can find. Good times!!

But maybe you should think of extending your trip by a few days, and do the Keys :-). They are amazing. We did that 1 year, and booked 2 nights in Key West. I wish I booked 4 days. We loved it
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #3596
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #3597
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmpark View Post
again, thank you to the posters who have made the tipping position clearer to me. I understand the situation now. The tip will be added automatically to the bill for parties of 6 or more (mandatory with dining plan) so it will be easier for the 8 of us to sit together - I'll just pay it all when checking out of the hotel.

and good point on it being 1am ish UK time when we finally get to hotel - a snack from the market place in beach club sounds best idea

Cheers!
Another idea for a quick dinner on your arrival night is Hurricane Hannah's. If the menu is the same when it reopens, burgers and fries are as good as those at Beaches and Cream, arrive more quickly and count as QS on the dining plan.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #3598
em36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

But maybe you should think of extending your trip by a few days, and do the Keys :-). They are amazing. We did that 1 year, and booked 2 nights in Key West. I wish I booked 4 days. We loved it
A few days at the Keys would be wonderful. We may have to consider that.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #3599
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

~NM
Now I want a stuffed manatee!

Quote:
Super excited!!!

And more good news. Thanks to one of our Disers here, we just rented a house in Newport Beach, CA for Lily's 2nd birthday ... for a week (July 8th we arrive). Then towards the end of July and the the first two weeks of August, Jeanne and Lily will be here in Florida with us and we will be staying at the Beach Club for 4-5 nights or maybe longer. Lily has to go back to Stormalong Bay!
All those plans sound wonderful! Maybe the gingerbread smell will have worn off by the time you get to Newport Beach.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #3600
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
All those plans sound wonderful! Maybe the gingerbread smell will have worn off by the time you get to Newport Beach.
Sure hope so or the seagulls will be attacking me too!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: