Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #31
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Jen, sorry about the yucky boy issue...hope he will be nice again! thankful Megan isn't showing any interest as of yet, but know its on the horizon
hope you heat is fixed, do you have a space heater you could use?

Cheryl, happy the ENT said there is no need for surgery.....sorry Rachel is having to cancel her Spain trip, but Disney is a great backup graduation trip!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #32
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Dan (yes, the same name as her dad), plays the clarinet, collects rocks, and is trying out for the spring musical. He is very much a dork. And yes, he's cute as can be. Brown hair, green eyes...very handsome

We LOVE The Big Bang Theory! DH is very much a dork (comic book fan) but not a physicist.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #33
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

My guys are huge Beatles fans, love comic books and my middle DS wears a superhero t-shirt almost every day. My sisters feed into his habit and buy new ones whenever they find them. We all really love The Big Bang Theory. My DH didn't like it at first and refused to watch, but when he heard us laughing he just couldn't resist. Even my youngest loves the show. Who would have ever thought that the girl who flunked algebra would have three boys who are math geniuses. All three want to go into physics.....Tyler and Nick cause they really understand what it means. Nathan, just because that's what brothers want to do. I usually refer to the three of them as my own personal geek squad. Our favorite saying at home is "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

I just found a huge hardcover encyclopedia of superhoes at sam's club this weekend. Bought him a copy for Christmas. He will be thrilled!

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Physicists are interesting people. most of the time its ok. But science channel shows on space and quantum physics get old fast. Sometimes he's too literal, its awful.

Funny though cause his parents had him tested when he was young cause they thought he was "special" turned out he was but on the other side. Haha

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #35
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
I just found a huge hardcover encyclopedia of superhoes at sam's club this weekend. Bought him a copy for Christmas. He will be thrilled!
Dan has the Marvel and DC encyclopedias. He took one out the other day and was looking for info about the Green Arrow.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #36
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Physicists are interesting people. most of the time its ok. But science channel shows on space and quantum physics get old fast. Sometimes he's too literal, its awful.

Funny though cause his parents had him tested when he was young cause they thought he was "special" turned out he was but on the other side. Haha
OMG....maybe that's a sign. My two oldest are the most literal about everything! I have to explain that I'm being sarcastic with them about 80% of the time. They definitely did not get my sense of humor.

My biggest worries about them going into physics is there will be no job prospects for them after graduation.

When we made our vist to the last college we were able to sit in on a physics class. I thought I was going to fall out of my seat from boredom. It was all just a bunch of nonsense to me, but I could see him in his true element. Just hope it will lead him somewhere.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom2000 View Post
Dan has the Marvel and DC encyclopedias. He took one out the other day and was looking for info about the Green Arrow.
That might be kinda what I found for Nick. For having raised three boys I sure don't know much about superheroes. When he is missing a shirt he has to describe what's on it for me to know if I've washed it or not.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #38
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
OMG....maybe that's a sign. My two oldest are the most literal about everything! I have to explain that I'm being sarcastic with them about 80% of the time. They definitely did not get my sense of humor.

My biggest worries about them going into physics is there will be no job prospects for them after graduation.

When we made our vist to the last college we were able to sit in on a physics class. I thought I was going to fall out of my seat from boredom. It was all just a bunch of nonsense to me, but I could see him in his true element. Just hope it will lead him somewhere.
Then you have found where he belongs. DBF has the same issue at first but now he has caught on. every now and then he does ask if I am joking. Him and DS can watch those shows all day. no thank you.

There isnt much in the way of jobs. DBF works in IT. I would just talk to him about his minor/back up career.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: