Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
andread123
Earning My Ears

Disney resort to Kennedy Space Center

Hi all, I looked around on here a bit but couldn't find anything. What is the best way to get to the Kennedy Space Center from All-Star Music? My boyfriend and I were thinking of going on Saturday, since we don't want to hit the Disney/Universal parks when it's still busy from Thanksgiving. Will it be busy at the space center too?

Thank you!
andread123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Renting a car is the best way to get to KSC.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Renting a car is the best way to get to KSC.
Agreed....that would be my suggestion also.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
andread123
Earning My Ears

Thank you both for your replies!
andread123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

You can rent a car on Disney property from the car care center. They will send a van to pick you up at your resort and then take you to the rental place. That's what we did when we went to KSC. It was easy and worth it. We did have a 7am pick up to rent the car-we got to KSC before they opened but were able to get out tickets and avoid the line. Have fun!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
aleksandr
Mouseketeer

I think you'd want to take I-4 eastbound to its terminus with I-95 near Daytona and then take I-95 southbound towards Titusville.

There may be other toll roads that take you on a straighter shot, so do some google maps research beforehand.
aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I got one of those charter busses. It picked us up at one of the All Stars- I forget which one. The KSC tickets were included.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandr View Post
I think you'd want to take I-4 eastbound to its terminus with I-95 near Daytona and then take I-95 southbound towards Titusville.

There may be other toll roads that take you on a straighter shot, so do some google maps research beforehand.
^ This would add about 100 miles to your trip. Take 417 then 528 Bee Line instead. Pay the toll, it's worth it.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandr View Post

Checking maps or using a GPS is a good idea. Getting information from posters on the internet is generally a good idea.

Occasionally there are posters who either deliberately post bad information or who haven't the slightest idea if the information they post is of any value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelcoupons View Post
^ This would add about 100 miles to your trip. Take 417 then 528 Bee Line instead. Pay the toll, it's worth it.
I checked mapqest. It adds 70 miles each direction. A total of 140 miles.
The road is now called Beachline.

Some people don't like paying tolls. I'll speculate aleksandr is such a person. I suspect the extra gas will more then offset tolls. I suspect most people would rather pay the tolls rather then drive an extra 70 miles, more then doubling the distance.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

We got very good directions from the rental desk at the car care center. Kennedy was about an hour- yes there were tolls but it wasn't a long drive.
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
aleksandr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post

Some people don't like paying tolls. I'll speculate aleksandr is such a person. I suspect the extra gas will more then offset tolls. I suspect most people would rather pay the tolls rather then drive an extra 70 miles, more then doubling the distance.
I'd much rather pay a toll than drive a longer distance.

I wasn't immediately aware of the shorter route, hence my caveat which clearly said "There may be other toll roads that take you on a straighter shot, so do some google maps research beforehand."

I drive the I-4/I-95 route only because I have family in the Daytona area, so trips between KSC and Disney usually involve stopovers.
aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote