Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #991
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our first update of the day is from Nanabug02.

She and her DH were at the Contemporary Resort on Saturday night to have dinner at...

California Grill

First some menu pics...

Cocktail Menu

Note from jabead: To all you pumpkin lovers, check out the cocktail listed at the bottom.

Nanabug02 & Her Cocktail Choice, a French Martini (Skyy Vodka, Chambord, Pineapple Juice, and a splash of Roederer Sparkling Wine)

Note from jabead: NB02 is sporting a beautiful Henna Tattoo from Epcot's Morocco

Handmade Potato Gnocchi with Wild Mushrooms, Edamame, Smoked Pork, and Organic Soft-poached Egg

NB02 said, "This was hubby's app. Very good!"

Shrimp Tempura Sushi Roll

NB02 said, "This was my appetizer. It wasn't on the menu but I asked for it and they made it for me, no problem."

Then for their entrees, Nanabug02 chose...

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Crispy Sage

NB02 said, "This was great, as always!"

And her DH had...

Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Buttered Purple Stokes Puree, Citrus-glazed Baby Carrots, and Teriyaki Barbecue

Dessert Menu

For their desserts, Nanabug02 chose...

Caramel Corn Crème Brûlée
Zellwood Sweet Corn Custard, Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream, and Caramel Corn Brittle

NB02 said, "This was great!"

And her DH had...

Bananas and Caramel
Crispy Baked Phyllo Squares layered with Banana, Mascarpone Mousse, and Caramelized Banana

5 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 11-20-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #992
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Omg- I'm
Reading this while on the train to court and now starving!! BOG lunches look very good, and any day with Chefs de France photos is a good one in my book.

Plus Esme is ever adorable!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #993
jabead
DIS Veteran

Tonight is the official opening night of Magic Kingdom's newest restaurant...

And we had one of our veteran reporters, Becky (BlovesC), there and sending us these live update pictures.

A Rose-shaped Napkin

Potato Leek Soup

Becky called this, "Potato leek deliciousness!"

Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop with au gratin macaroni, green beans and red wine au jus

Becky said, "Charlie liked the pork but we both drooled over that macaroni gratin. It's RIDIC!"

Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch
& Passion Fruit Cream Puff filled with passion fruit mousse and topped with whipped cream

Becky said, "Desserts were like a 1/10...an odd ending to a meal that was otherwise surprisingly delicious!"

Here is the LINK to Becky's full dining review of their dinner at Be our Guest.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 11-19-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #994
jabead
DIS Veteran

I received a couple more updates from Ellen (podsnel) today. As you may recall, she and her family were at Disney World earlier this month. While there she did a short update from their dinner at Raglan Road, adding that she had taken more pics with her regular camera and would send those later. So this first update will be a combination of her original update plus the many more pics that Ellen just sent me.

Ellen (podsnel) and family were at Downtown Disney (around 11/3) and had dinner at...

Raglan Road

Ellen started with this cocktail...

Very Berry Blueberry Martini
Smirnoff Blueberry Vodka, Chambord, Triple Sec & cranberry juice.

Ellen said, "This was fabulous! I liked it so much that I had a second one."

Beer Flight x 2: The Four Provinces - Guinness | Smithwicks | Harp | Kilkenny

Ellen said, "Steven (BIL) ordered two beer flights...just kidding, one was for Pods. They didn't like the Kilkenny."

Pods & his brother, Steven, with their beer flights

Appetizer D’Lirrah – Our Dalkey duo, Scallop forrest, Heaven on Earth & Nom Nom Wings as described below.
Dalkey Duo - Battered cocktail sausages with a Dalkey mustard dipping sauce.
Scallop Forrest - Georges Bank scallops in a golden batter served with citrus lime dipping sauce & sweet chili jam.
Heaven on Earth - Baby back ribs tossed in a Guinness glaze.
Nom Nom Wings – Sweet ‘n spicy wings tossed in a honey, chili flake, soy & ginger sauce.

Ellen said, "Of all of that, we liked the sausages the best...could have eaten a million of them."

For her entree, Ellen chose...

Lambo - Lamb shank braised in rosemary jus with mash, leeks, shiitake mushrooms & baby carrots.

Ellen said, "I enjoyed this, but it was enormous! I had to share with Tyler."

Sean had this...

Adult-size Portion of Kids Macaroni & Cheese

This was Tyler's choice...

Fish & Chips - Beer battered fish 'n chips served with fresh tartar sauce.

Ellen said, "He was not crazy about this."

Pods had this entree...

It's not bleedin' Chowder! - the freshest cuts of seafood & potatoes in a white wine infused cream broth.

Ellen said, "This was very tasty!"

Timmy surprised them by ordering this...

Pork Vienna – Breaded and seared pork Schnitzel with fried egg and chips

Ellen said, "He hates fried eggs, but he just pulled the egg off the top and enjoyed his schnitzel plain."

Cluck Curry - Chicken breast in curry broth with onions, peppers, leeks & steamed almond rice

Ellen said, "Steven had this and enjoyed it."

Then for dessert, they got three orders of this...

Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding

Ellen said, "I promised them all they would love it, and I was right! They did!"

Tyler enjoying the dessert

3 Scavenger Points Earned for the new cocktail, beer flight, & pic of Steven

Last edited by jabead; 11-19-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #995
jabead
DIS Veteran

The other update that Ellen sent me today was from her breakfast at...

The Mara

Ellen's choice was...

Bobotie Platter - Egg custard with turkey, peppers and raisins served with pap and chakalaka

Ellen said, "It was sooooooo delicious. I really enjoyed the way all the flavors complimented each other. I also picked up some zebra domes from the case. Tyler was VERY happy about it when he woke up!"

Zebra Domes

3 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for Menu pics, breakfast update from Mara, and zebra domes

Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #996
jabead
DIS Veteran

Ellen sent another update tonight from their dinner at Epcot's...

BIERGARTEN

Here are some buffet pics...

Steven had this beer flight...

German Beer Flight - Four Pours 5 oz each - $10.00
Radeberger Pilsner, Schöfferhofer Weizen, Altenmünster Oktoberfest, and Hövels

Ellen said, "Steven said of all the beer he tried while in WDW, it was the German beer he enjoyed the most. In contrast, the beer at Raglan Road was kind of flat! I had a glass of Riesling - the driest one they offered."

Ellen's first plate...

Cauliflower Soup

Dessert pics...

Vanilla Pudding with Chocolate Chips

Freshly Baked Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce

Ellen said, "We all enjoyed this, but my BIL LOVED this restaurant! I booked it because my DH's family is 3/4 German. I'm a little German, too- but not that much!"

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

Old 11-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #997
Paging Mr. Morrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Our first update of the day is from Nanabug02.

She and her DH were at the Contemporary Resort last night to have dinner at...

California Grill

First some menu pics...

Cocktail Menu

Note from jabead: To all you pumpkin lovers, check out the cocktail listed at the bottom.

Nanabug02 & Her Cocktail Choice, a French Martini (Skyy Vodka, Chambord, Pineapple Juice, and a splash of Roederer Sparkling Wine)

Note from jabead: NB02 is sporting a beautiful Henna Tattoo from Epcot's Morocco

Handmade Potato Gnocchi with Wild Mushrooms, Edamame, Smoked Pork, and Organic Soft-poached Egg

NB02 said, "This was hubby's app. Very good!"

Shrimp Tempura Sushi Roll

NB02 said, "This was my appetizer. It wasn't on the menu but I asked for it and they made it for me, no problem."

Then for their entrees, Nanabug02 chose...

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Crispy Sage

NB02 said, "This was great, as always!"

And her DH had...

Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Buttered Purple Stokes Puree, Citrus-glazed Baby Carrots, and Teriyaki Barbecue

Dessert Menu

For their desserts, Nanabug02 chose...

Caramel Corn Crème Brûlée
Zellwood Sweet Corn Custard, Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream, and Caramel Corn Brittle

And her DH had...

Bananas and Caramel
Crispy Baked Phyllo Squares layered with Banana, Mascarpone Mousse, and Caramelized Banana

NOOOOOO they changed the cheesy mashed potatoes with the filet?! I was so looking forward to this. I am going in less than 2 weeks and am nervous because I am a picky eater and this menu change does not suit me at all. The only thing I will eat is the filet but I do not like the purple sweet potatoes or glazed carrots at all... will Cali grill switch the sides for me?!!!! I would even be willing to take just plain mashed potatoes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #998
jabead
DIS Veteran

I forgot to post this last pic that I received from Ellen last night, from her stop at...

La Cava de Tequila

Jalapeño Margarita
El Mayor premium silver Tequila, jalapeño, fresh lime juice, cucumber and agave nectar, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim

Ellen said, "When we left, we made our way around to Norway to watch Illuminations. I RAN like a nut, and at 3 minutes to 9, I had my one and only Ditch Rita of the trip. Bulmaro made it especially spicy for me, a jalepeno Rita. My fave!"

Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #999
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day is once again from Nanabug02 (the girl is on a roll! ).

She and her DH had breakfast on Sunday at their resort's...

Whispering Canyon Cafe

The menu pics...

All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Breakfast Platter
Scrambled eggs, Western Home Fries, Bacon, Sausage, Waffles, and Buttermilk Biscuits with sausage gravy

NB02 said, "We both had the breakfast platter. The food was great, but it took forever to get the first platter, and then about 15 more minutes to get another."

Nanabug02 also sent this holiday-themed pic...

Christmas Wreath at the Wilderness Lodge

4 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned

Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #1000
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then for dinner on Sunday, Nanabug02 & her DH went to DHS'...

Hollywood Brown Derby

First a menu pic...

And also a pic of the Cocktail menu...

For their cocktails, they chose...

Tallulah-tini - Absolut Citron Vodka, Triple Sec, and Sweet-and-Sour
& The Red Carpet - Absolut Peppar Vodka and Bloody Mary Mix

For their appetizers, her DH chose...

"Our Famous Cobb Salad" with Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing

Note from jabead: Notice on the menu that they now offer an Appetizer portion of the Cobb salad for $8.00 and an Entree for $15.00.

Nanabug02 chose this for her appetizer...

Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls, Snow Crab Claw, and an Asian Slaw with spicy Miso Aioli

NB02 said, "I loved these! I am sorry to say that our phone went dead at this point and we didn't get any more pics of this dinner. But we enjoyed it all!"

She did however send a pic of a delicious treat that they had gotten earlier from next door at the...

Starring Rolls Bakery

Red Velvet Cupcake

4 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for the 2 menus & 2 new cocktails

Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #1001
jabead
DIS Veteran

And now an update sent to us by HoneyBeeM.

She and her family were at the Polynesian Resort yesterday to have breakfast at...

KONA CAFE

Lilikoi Juice - Orange, passion fruit and guava blend

Sausage & Egg Omelet with Home fried Potatoes and a Biscuit

HBM said, "My brother had this and didn't like it because of the cheese used. He is not a fan of cheddar.
I tried his potatoes though...they were delicious!"

Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes - Served with Macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce, and bacon

HBM said, "The pancakes were light and fluffy. The bacon was excellent too...very crispy!"

Big Kahuna - French Toast, pancakes, eggs your way, home fried potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage

HBM said, "My dad really enjoyed this!"

Fruit Cup (side dish)

HBM said, "My uncle said this was very fresh."

Two Eggs Your Way - Served with Home fried potatoes, a biscuit, and sausage

HBM said, "This was my mom's breakfast. Maybe because we are southern and know good biscuits, but she wasn't too impressed with it."

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for the Omelet & Two Eggs Entrees

Last edited by jabead; 11-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #1002
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
RECRUITMENT TIME

Thanks so much to all of you who have volunteered your services during your upcoming trips. Because of you, we should have a steady stream of fresh Disney food porn to drool over from now until Christmas.

But here are the dates which we could still use some additional live reporters:

December 21 - December 27 - 1 more reporter needed

December 28 - January 1 - We have no one yet for these dates

January 2 - January 10 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

January 21 - January 31 - 2 or 3 more reporters needed

So if your trip to Disney World falls during any of these dates, please consider doing live updates for us either by text or email. Also, if you're going sometime between now and the end of January but not during the above listed dates, please still check with me if you would like to be a live reporter. I might still be able to squeeze you into the schedule depending on your dates.

Thanks again everyone!
I'll be back with middle DS from Jan 26-Feb 1. First three nights at AKL Jambo and last three nights at BLT.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #1003
mousiemom
adam lambert lover!

Hey Barb!! we're getting excited.....

we are packed and ready to go!! we will arrive on 11/23rd and check into pop and we are planning on eating lunch @ AOA foodcourt and dinner @ WPE but i will be posting!! can't wait!

[]75-DL/80-WDW/97-WDW/99-DISNEYMOON-ASM/02-DD 1ST TRIP-ASM/04-ASM/05-POP/06-POP/1/07-POP/5/07-POR/8/07-SSR/12/07-POP/1/08-POP/6/08-DL-HOJO/9/08-POP/12/08-ASM/2/09-POP/5/09-POP/9/09-POP/12/09-POP/5/10-POP/12/10-POP/11/11-POPBC12/11-POP-11/12POP 4/13/POP-11/13Offsite-4/14/POP-11/14
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #1004
Roma
Mouseketeer

Wow they changed the presentation of that filet quick at Cali Grill! I do not think many people were loving the Brussels sprouts or the weird potato casserole they introduced during the last menu change.

That being said they will switch sides, Paging Mr. Morrow. My husband didn't want sprouts so they switched them for carrots. Your options for switching, however, do depend on what they have available that night.

Last edited by Roma; 11-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #1005
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
I'll be back with middle DS from Jan 26-Feb 1. First three nights at AKL Jambo and last three nights at BLT.
It would be great if you could do updates during your trip! I'll add you to the January trip list and send you a PM sometime in late December with my info to send your updates. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiemom View Post
we are packed and ready to go!! we will arrive on 11/23rd and check into pop and we are planning on eating lunch @ AOA foodcourt and dinner @ WPE but i will be posting!! can't wait!

Yay! I'll look forward to start receiving your updates beginning on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Mr. Morrow View Post
NOOOOOO they changed the cheesy mashed potatoes with the filet?! I was so looking forward to this. I am going in less than 2 weeks and am nervous because I am a picky eater and this menu change does not suit me at all. The only thing I will eat is the filet but I do not like the purple sweet potatoes or glazed carrots at all... will Cali grill switch the sides for me?!!!! I would even be willing to take just plain mashed potatoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Wow they changed the presentation of that filet quick at Cali Grill! I do not think many people were loving the Brussels sprouts or the weird potato casserole they introduced during the last menu change.

That being said they will switch sides, Paging Mr. Morrow. My husband didn't want sprouts so they switched them for carrots. Your options for switching, however, do depend on what they have available that night.

Paging Mr. Morrow, Roma did a great job of answering your question. I will add though that CA Grill frequently changes the sides that they serve with their filet, so it is possible that it could change again. If not, then like Roma said, you should be able to switch to any side dish offered with another Adult or Kids entree on their menu that evening.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: