Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Problems with Online Check In

So today is my online check-in day - just logged on and entered all my info and I get an error message...

We were unable to process your reservation; please try again or contact The Disney Reservation Center...

I called the reservation center who sent me to the technical help number who said they couldn't do anything about it and just to check in when we arrive.

Well we are driving in that morning and trying to get to the park as early as possible, so I really wanted to avoid having to wait any longer than I have to! We'll be arriving during check-out times, and I've seen those lines get really long. I've always done online check in and really liked the ease/speed of it all.

Any ideas? Or am I out of luck?

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Can you try again tomorrow and hope its similar to when the dining page is down and will work at a later time? I'm sorry! I know you're a fan of online check-in so I hope it works for you!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Can you try again tomorrow and hope its similar to when the dining page is down and will work at a later time? I'm sorry! I know you're a fan of online check-in so I hope it works for you!
Yeah, thanks...I'm going to keep trying. I was hoping someone else was running into the same problem and that maybe it was a system problem and not a "me" problem! I called back to make sure the reservation was OK, and everything looks good on their end, so I guess that's all that matters.

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
MomOf2As
Earning My Ears

I did my online check-in too, and got this error message:

We were unable to add your special occasions or room requests. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

I was able to finish checking in though, and got my email confirmation. The only problem was the room request, which I really wanted to put in. I called the number indicated, and got the same advice as the OP did. Basically, talk to the technical department, and just give my requests when we get to the resort. I was really disappointed with that phone experience.
MomOf2As is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

I just did mine for AoA and it went through, like less than 10 minutes ago. However, I did it last year for YC and it went through and we weren't shown as registered, even with my confirmed info, and still had to stand in line. It wasn't a long wait though, as they had met us at the door and walked us directly up to the counter.

Good luck. You'll be fine. Try it again after 3PM...maybe it's on a check-in time cycle....

ANNNNNNNND... a good vibe thought for you: maybe they are going to upgrade you and/or give you some pixie dust. Think positive!
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.

Last edited by waynesgirl; 11-20-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: PIXIE DUST!
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl View Post
I just did mine for AoA and it went through, like less than 10 minutes ago. However, I did it last year for YC and it went through and we weren't shown as registered, even with my confirmed info, and still had to stand in line. It wasn't a long wait though, as they had met us at the door and walked us directly up to the counter.

Good luck. You'll be fine. Try it again after 3PM...maybe it's on a check-in time cycle....

ANNNNNNNND... a good vibe thought for you: maybe they are going to upgrade you and/or give you some pixie dust. Think positive!
That could very well be the problem.

Disney will hold a reservation until check out the next day. Since 11:00a is check out they could just be rolling over their systems and dealing with things there. I'd wait a little while and keep trying, and you still have 10 days if today was your first day.

Fingers crossed it goes through one of those times! That online check in system is sketchy.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

I did my check-in this morning with no problems except the request button only allowed me to request a balcony. I would try again.
Nancy
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2As View Post
I did my online check-in too, and got this error message:

We were unable to add your special occasions or room requests. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

I was able to finish checking in though, and got my email confirmation. The only problem was the room request, which I really wanted to put in. I called the number indicated, and got the same advice as the OP did. Basically, talk to the technical department, and just give my requests when we get to the resort. I was really disappointed with that phone experience.
During online check-in is not where to add requests. As you are finding out, it is problematic. I really wish they would either fix that issue, or remove the option of adding requests during online check-in. Your best bet is to call the main reservation line and have your requests added to your reservation.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
I did my check-in this morning with no problems except the request button only allowed me to request a balcony. I would try again.
Nancy
My request button only asked me for a pack and play...and DS is 6 and DD is 15. I can see me trying to put one of them in a PnP...bwahahahaha! If my DH doesn't quit being a goober, he'll get stuck in there!
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Tbiafore
Mouseketeer

Their online site obviously has issues. I was checking in four rooms for a large group and in the middle of the online checkin process of the third room, their web site went down while I was in the middle of it...Now it wont let me do online checkin for that one room (others worked fine). I keep getting the error "You did not fill the rquired fields properly. Please correct this". I have filled everything out and done this time and time again with the same problem. Talked to multiple people in their Online Tech group, called the hotel, talked to DVC and their regular CS group and no one can help resolve it...I had one of their technicians just tell me to forget it and check into the desk for that one reservation....

Sad the sight performs so poorly.
Tbiafore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: