Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #241
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Whatever you do...DO NOT READ HEATHER'S TR

I really like Jessie and Good luck Charlie
I really like them too! And A.N.T. Farm, I think the humor is really well done on those shows, and Jessie (and Zuri) are just so cute.

Not a big fan of Wizards, suite life, So Random, or wingin it. I usually turn the T.V. off when those ones are on. Sometimes they seem a wee bit inappropriate, just too much 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stuff. Just my opinion though.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #242
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I really like them too! And A.N.T. Farm, I think the humor is really well done on those shows, and Jessie (and Zuri) are just so cute.

Not a big fan of Wizards, suite life, So Random, or wingin it. I usually turn the T.V. off when those ones are on. Sometimes they seem a wee bit inappropriate, just too much 'boyfriend/girlfriend' stuff. Just my opinion though.
AHHH Yes, A.N.T Farm!!! Forgot about that one - my girls love that too!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #243
pas130
DIS Veteran

August....YC or GF.....

Regular GV for either...attempting to budget

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #244
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That's what I said....at least we are getting back to WDW!!!

POR is going to be awesome!!!! Well, it'll be decent at least.

Not as exciting as BC, but can't be as bad as CBR! I am excited to give the mods another go.
WOW!! am I ever behind You're at AKL now, for April??!! if so, be prepared to fall in love AGAIN it's amazingly beautiful there! and PS....I'll throw a stick in the plans.....I am one who thinks savanah view is DEFINITELY worth it at AKL oh.....and CL too the very best experience!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL

Last edited by chimo2u; 11-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #245
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi Everyone

It's been several months since I've been over here. Just thought I would pop in and say hello to all you RCers. Since we're out of school this week, I can catch up on all the threads Life continues to be crazy in south Georgia...but in a good way Hoping to get lots accomplished this week...we'll see what transpires.

Glad to see y'all are still making changes...some things never change

Heather
Hi Heather, I think I may have joined this crazy bunch of ladies while you were away, welcome back

Quote:

Yep Melissa, DS4 drove Daddy to the edge...I'm not allowed away from home now...No January for me

You poor thing!!! So much..TOO much going on
Ugh, sorry to hear it was a bust Boys love thier mommies and sometimes daddy just doesnt cut it. Maybe when he is a bit older you can sneak away. I left the kiddos with DH for a girls weekend up in MA one year and I was so worried I barely relaxed. I know my kiddos are a handful and not easy to deal with, especially when you arent used to the routines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
When my youngest(DS5) told me Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was for babies, I almost cried!
Yeah we got that in this house too, I was so sad, I still like it

Quote:
Thanks for DD's birthday wishes!!! She is so proud to be 6!!! My girls both think that Mickey Mouse Club House is for babies, but they still watch alot of Disney channel shows!! They love Gravity Falls, Jessie, Good Luck Charlie, and My Babysitter is a Vampire...and the good thing is that we think those shows are pretty funny too!

What is wrong with me....I was pricing CL at AKL not too long ago (like 10 minutes ago...) It would be really neat to be able to do that sunrise safari, wouldn't it???
The only show I really dont like is My Babysitter is a Vampire, it scares DD. So are we leaning towards a view change

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

I think Zuri is hillarious, she is one sassy girl And yes some of the stuff is just beyond inappropriate, especially on some of the Nick shows.

Did you have the confernce yet? I am curious to hear what the teacher said.

Quote:
August....YC or GF.....

Regular GV for either...attempting to budget
I am no help, never stayed at GF and DH has absolutely no interest in staying there. So I guess by default my vote is for YC, which we LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
WOW!! am I ever behind You're at AKL now, for April??!! if so, be prepared to fall in love AGAIN it's amazingly beautiful there! and PS....I'll throw a stick in the plans.....I am one who thinks savanah view is DEFINITELY worth it at AKL oh.....and CL too the very best experience!
Marie, don't add fuel to the fire

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #246
babyberger
DIS Veteran

So in my crazy life of, well lets just say crap, kiddos brought home thier report cards today....for the first time in a while we have ALL A's and B's They are both so smart (espeically my little genius aspie DS) but thier issues get in the way of good grades and we have always accepted it, but it is so nice to see them working even harder this year and it paying off! I am a proud mama today

Oh and transfered my Dis Visa rewards out today and loaded up my rewards card with $743 That was only 3 months worth of purchases but it included our bonus period, so that upgrade definitely paid for itself!!!!

Thankful for no school and homework the rest of the week, hopefully DH comes home in a better mood tonight

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #247
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=babyberger;46753715I think Zuri is hillarious, she is one sassy girl And yes some of the stuff is just beyond inappropriate, especially on some of the Nick shows.

[B]Did you have the confernce yet? I am curious to hear what the teacher said.
[/B]

Hi Melissa...not yet, 4:30 this afternoon. We are all going as DH wants to go to. I am hoping it all goes smoothly. I sort of feel like I am going to get in trouble!!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #248
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So in my crazy life of, well lets just say crap, kiddos brought home thier report cards today....for the first time in a while we have ALL A's and B's They are both so smart (espeically my little genius aspie DS) but thier issues get in the way of good grades and we have always accepted it, but it is so nice to see them working even harder this year and it paying off! I am a proud mama today

Oh and transfered my Dis Visa rewards out today and loaded up my rewards card with $743 That was only 3 months worth of purchases but it included our bonus period, so that upgrade definitely paid for itself!!!!

Thankful for no school and homework the rest of the week, hopefully DH comes home in a better mood tonight

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Melissa
So happy for your kiddos! It is so nice when they work and hard and it pays off. And HOORAY for Disney Visa rewards!! I will now go and have a good cry about us Canadians not being able to get one!!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #249
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Ok, caught up while I lounge by the pool. This am was AK.. did Everest 2x with the safari in the middle, caught flights of wonder and we headed back. I'm hanging out...DH and DS15 went to the studios to do rock and roller..,DS 19 went over to MK to meet a friend from college before we all meet at Trails End for dinner.

DS15's report card came today..honors for him but a couple more B's than he likes, but he did like the A- in French 3 honors

Have a good rest of your day
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #250
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Ok, caught up while I lounge by the pool. This am was AK.. did Everest 2x with the safari in the middle, caught flights of wonder and we headed back. I'm hanging out...DH and DS15 went to the studios to do rock and roller..,DS 19 went over to MK to meet a friend from college before we all meet at Trails End for dinner.

DS15's report card came today..honors for him but a couple more B's than he likes, but he did like the A- in French 3 honors

Have a good rest of your day
How nice that you get some 'me' time lounging by the pool! It sounds like you are all having a great day....have a wonderful dinner!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #251
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Hello lovely ladies! How are all of my favorite crazy Disney folks?

Busy making my brine for the turkey-sicle. Somehow, I never seem to take the stupid thing out of the freezer early enough...

How's our Sarah now that silly Verizon has back online? Any Kookstalicious sightings? Our Pop Century Princess?

Hugs to all of ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey Miss! I just finally canceled my BWI ressie so it looks verrrry good for us to be resort buddies!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! I just hope it sticks. We all know how these things go.

Quote:
It's going to be fabulous!!!
I need another person to coerce me into AKL. Linda, Marie and Heather have already done a pretty good job. I agree with Pas, stay away from Heather's TR.

Happiest of Happy Birthdays to your youngest!

Jen: I hope the conference goes well.

Melissa: Are you taking it easy, yes? Trying to anyway? Congrats to the kiddos on the fabulous report cards!

Linda: I'm with you. I'm not really a big changer... although I haven't "tried them all during one, single vacation" like you have!

Jeanette: Please, give CRO a break and book GF. You'll save yourself a phone call later on.

DetTigs: Do a little lounging for us!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #252
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

That's what happens when your kids get old... a little more time to yourself.
Enjoying CL, they make a carafe of iced tea for me in the am . The older loves the chips and pbandj shooters, the younger going to get a can of pop
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #253
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey everybody! No time to catch up first.... forgive me this once?

I finally told DH the actual cost of the GF and after he picked his jaw back up off of the floor he hemmed and hawed a bit before sputtering out "Um, if you want to keep it, uh, you never spend any money on yourself, um, well, maybe we should change...."

I'm changing. The question is, to where? I'm leaning towards ponying up for the 1 nt Dolphin cancellation fee and just doing POR for our first 3 nights. This will still save almost 1K.

Bye-Bye NYE fireworks

Sorry Sarah, we can still meet up later in the week with Miss, right?
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #254
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

to everyone!

miss, I think cooking the turkey correctly is the worst part of Thanksgiving I say forget the bird and we should all do what DetTigsGal is doing. Let WDW do Thanksigivng!!!

DetTigsGal, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Isn't it great when the kids grow up and you can relax and enjoy the resort?!
Thanks for checking in!

jenny, hope the Teacher's conferences go well. Can't help you on the teacher issue, I am so past that stage and what is appropriate...but if you want my 2 cents, it sounds over the top to me.

i heart, I will come visit no matter where you end up! And of course I have to see Miss! If you are both at the BC, I can come there!

pas, you know my vote, the GF. However, I have to say I love the Epcot area and SAB is fabulous. Here's hoping for good discounts!

Grumpy Grandma, Tuesday, 1/8, what kind of mischief are we going to get into?!

mousemommy, I give up...no resort for you on the RC list until you hold onto the room for a week!!!

Congrats to everyone of their children's report cards!!! Sounds like the kiddos are doing well

Having some health issues with the clinical trial, those side effects . Taking me off the drugs for the week and doing some tests. It's nice with the holiday to feel more like myself!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #255
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Sarah: Aw I am sorry to hear you are having yucky side effects. I don't like that at all.

Iheartthemouse: POR all the way!! I am all for saving $1000 dollars, and as long as you are at Disney that's all that matters!

Miss: what is this brining of the turkey you speak of???

I just got off the phone with a friend who is planning a trip for Aug 2013, and she asks me "if we book our trip now, can we change anything we want about
it?" I reassured her that yes, any changes can be made. Exxxxcellent....another future RCer.....

So....after all the build up to these parent/teacher meetings, all went....well! Both older girls are doing well, and the teacher in question only had good things to say and even invited me in to do volunteering!. We touched on the scissor subject, and I see it from her point of view a bit better too. It's all good, sorry for the anti-climactic ending ladies!

Thanks for all the support though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: