Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
NagyFamily
Mouseketeer

Pillow case question

Do the character's still sign pillow cases on The Fantasy?? We are sailing Dec 8- 15th for our Disney Moon but wanted to get Pillows cases autographed for our little princess. What do I have to do to get them autographed??? Do I have to supply the Marker's??? How many pillow cases will the sign???? First time sailing Disney Cruise line.
NagyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
3Adevas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagyFamily
Do the character's still sign pillow cases on The Fantasy?? We are sailing Dec 8- 15th for our Disney Moon but wanted to get Pillows cases autographed for our little princess. What do I have to do to get them autographed??? Do I have to supply the Marker's??? How many pillow cases will the sign???? First time sailing Disney Cruise line.
We will be cruising with you! We sailed on the Dream last Dec. and they signed a pillowcase and a photo matte. I put crayola fabric markers in a big padded envelope with the items to be signed, along with a bag of Hershey's assorted everything came back to our cabin on the last night and looked great! We went to guest svc the 1st day- they have a form they fill out w your request. They ask for limit 2 items per stateroom. I'm haven't been on the Fantasy yet <can't wait> but I'm sure they will do it too!
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
syrumani
Earning My Ears

Just curious . . . if we drop 2 pillowcases off at the beginning of the cruise, will the CM's during the cruise sign say, an autograph book, during different events?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani View Post
Just curious . . . if we drop 2 pillowcases off at the beginning of the cruise, will the CM's during the cruise sign say, an autograph book, during different events?
by during different events do you mean character meet and greats? If so then yes. That is totally separate.

I dropped off a lithograph to be signed and I forgot to bring a Sharpie and it was signed no problem.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
syrumani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
by during different events do you mean character meet and greats? If so then yes. That is totally separate.

I dropped off a lithograph to be signed and I forgot to bring a Sharpie and it was signed no problem.
Excellent! Thanks alot! This is our first Disney cruise, and I know there is alot I have to learn!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
mpls1639
Earning My Ears

We will be on the cruise with you too. Our daughter turns 4 on the 1st and can't wait to go. I was told they will sign them no problem you just have to leave them with guest services.
mpls1639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
Lori1960
Mouseketeer

pillow cases signed

What do you plan on doing with the piilow cases after they are signed are you going to let the kids sleep with them or frame them.If you are going to frame them I would put a note asking that the front gets signed only.Don't forget dont use yellow markers they won't show up
Lori1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
NagyFamily
Mouseketeer

Do I have to give them the marker's and if yes Do I get them Back.
NagyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagyFamily View Post
Do I have to give them the marker's and if yes Do I get them Back.
Inconsistent. We got ours back last April on the Magic but I've read posts by DISers who did not get them back for whatever reason. They are kind of expensive for a one time use but once they're opened the first time they dry up pretty quickly anyway. Be sure to buy colorfast markers, it should use those words on the packaging.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911 View Post
Inconsistent. We got ours back last April on the Magic but I've read posts by DISers who did not get them back for whatever reason. They are kind of expensive for a one time use but once they're opened the first time they dry up pretty quickly anyway. Be sure to buy colorfast markers, it should use those words on the packaging.
Just buy them at the Dollar store.

We didn't get ours back, but we loved the 3 mattes they signed for us!

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Just buy them at the Dollar store.

We didn't get ours back, but we loved the 3 mattes they signed for us!
That's brilliant kingrichard, thanks. Never even thought to look for them there.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

Someone must have complained about not getting markers back because when I dropped off my pillowcases and markers to have them signed guest services took inventory of the whole bag and wrote down how many of each were in there. I got them back on the last night and they look great!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: