DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #2401
twokats
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new groupies. If you also want to be on the birthday or anniversary list, pm me!!

We join the ones that are jealous we cannot be with the December groupies, but it looks like next years groupie meet is already shaping up. Kati and I are counting the days until we make our December 2013 reservation. Looking forward to December 2013, but since I am not one to wish time away, I will enjoy the year until it gets here. Plus I guess two cruises will help pass the time.

Well, I can now report that the car search is over. We were going to look a little more, but we fell in love with and purchased the 2012 Toyota Camry SE Limited Edition. I will tell you we are calling the color ' Mickey Pants Red'!!!! Here she is!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #2402
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Gotcha KAT4!!
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #2403
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Welcome to all the new groupies. If you also want to be on the birthday or anniversary list, pm me!!

We join the ones that are jealous we cannot be with the December groupies, but it looks like next years groupie meet is already shaping up. Kati and I are counting the days until we make our December 2013 reservation. Looking forward to December 2013, but since I am not one to wish time away, I will enjoy the year until it gets here. Plus I guess two cruises will help pass the time.

Well, I can now report that the car search is over. We were going to look a little more, but we fell in love with and purchased the 2012 Toyota Camry SE Limited Edition. I will tell you we are calling the color ' Mickey Pants Red'!!!! Here she is!

Sweet looking ride
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #2404
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Congrats Kathy ! You'll be stylin' in that one !

Old 11-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #2405
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Aloha! After 1 hour on the phone with MS, a very nice, knowledgeable CM and a couple of glitches in the system (one that they just couldn't overcome but they took care of us as best they could) we are now going to see what's happening at Aulani! Though DH said he was good either way he only talked about Hawaii - even I could figure that one out.

I'll miss the Christmas decorations and activities that I had been planning for 11 months and especially the groupie meet. And my Member ornament will have to come from Ebay instead of the mixer but we're excited. Next year though - Dec at WDW or bust!!!!

Pet sitter is arranged, airlines booked, rooms booked, car booked. Still have to cancel our WDW dining but otherwise all switched.

JT - could you please remove us from our Dec 1-9 WDW stay and substitute Dec 5-12 at Aulani? And also put us down for Feb 1-10th at BC/BCV for my convention.
WHOAH Kathy !!! You lucky duck !!!! Can't wait to hear all about it ! Hawaii is one of my dreams!

Teapot ! Gonna miss you !

Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #2406
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Twokats - nice wheels! Congrats!

Kat - congratulations on HI! Excellent choice.

29 days to go!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #2407
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Wow, new groupies!
WELCOME bumbershoot and twinmom108! What fun having new groupies in our midsts.

For both of you, upon check-in, ask if there is opportunity for you to be Flag Family. One family per day is taken to the Lodge rooftop and helps the Lodge Ranger raise the flags; 4 to be exact. It's a wonderful opportunity for photos and to gaze over the World. This is not something that can be pre-arranged or reserved. First come, first served at check-in. twinmom108, with a 2 week stay you have a really good shot at it.

Kathy, we'll miss you at our meet, but I know you'll have a great time at Aulani.

tea pot, we'll miss you, too!
Speaking of Flag Families......if anyone signs up and wants 2 very large kids to join them, we're game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Twokats - nice wheels! Congrats!

Kat - congratulations on HI! Excellent choice.

29 days to go!!!
Yeah for the Groupie Kats!!

Spiffy new car for one and Hawaii for the other!!!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #2408
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Can someone point me to a link where I can see the floor plans for each floor of the Villas? I'd like to see where each villa is located, with numbers.

D the corner villas overlooking the pool have more windows than the typical villa? Are these one-bedrooms with a second lock off option?

Thanks!

Stupid Judy.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #2409
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Can someone point me to a link where I can see the floor plans for each floor of the Villas? I'd like to see where each villa is located, with numbers.

D the corner villas overlooking the pool have more windows than the typical villa? Are these one-bedrooms with a second lock off option?

Thanks!
Here's a start: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=10

Old 11-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #2410
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Welcome to the groupies gmi3804!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #2411
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi there!

What are the "must see" places in the lodge? We did a quick walk-around of the lobby on our first trip to WDW (Dec '10) while staying elsewhere, enough time to have DS's picture taken at the tree in the lobby, but I was so overwhelmed by *everything* on that trip I might as well have not been there. This time I want to be aware!

So in the very limited time we have there, what should I make SURE we see?
You have gotten some wonderful tips from the VWL experts, and I'll toss in one more that I don't know that anyone has mentioned. Something you might enjoy with your DS is the Hidden Mickey hunt at the Lodge and VWL. Go to Guest Services and ask for the Hidden Mickey clue sheet and then spend time tracking them down. It's a lot of fun, but they are not always easy to spot!

Have a wonderful trip!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #2412
tea pot
DIS Veteran

To all of my Dear Groupie Friends and to all New Groupies

Have a Happy Thanksgiving
!!!!

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #2413
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving from London

So I am getting way ahead of myself here but we have just booked our flights for December 2013 and wanted to say at the VWL for pretty much our whole vacation

It's our home resort but as a fairly new DVC Member we have only stayed at the Villas once before and that was only for one night (stayed at the Lodge previously)

We are so excited at the prospect of seeing all of the holiday decorations and I know this is a popular time to stay at the Villas, but what are my chances of securing 11 nights in a studio if I book right on my 11 month window?

I wasn't sure if I would end up only getting a small selection of my chosen dates (3rd - 14th December) as we didn't really want to switch resorts

Thanks everyone for this wonderful thread

It's going to be a long countdown so this thread will help me get through
Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #2414
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving from London

So I am getting way ahead of myself here but we have just booked our flights for December 2013 and wanted to say at the VWL for pretty much our whole vacation

It's our home resort but as a fairly new DVC Member we have only stayed at the Villas once before and that was only for one night (stayed at the Lodge previously)

We are so excited at the prospect of seeing all of the holiday decorations and I know this is a popular time to stay at the Villas, but what are my chances of securing 11 nights in a studio if I book right on my 11 month window?

I wasn't sure if I would end up only getting a small selection of my chosen dates (3rd - 14th December) as we didn't really want to switch resorts

Thanks everyone for this wonderful thread

It's going to be a long countdown so this thread will help me get through
Welcome Linda, to the happiest thread on the Dis.

First, as someone who has booked just about every Dec for the past 12 years, I would say your chances are excellent!
What a wonderful long vacation you will have at our beloved Lodge.

Visit us when you can. We love to get excited with our fellow VWL Groupies future vacations.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #2415
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka

Welcome Linda, to the happiest thread on the Dis.

First, as someone who has booked just about every Dec for the past 12 years, I would say your chances are excellent!
What a wonderful long vacation you will have at our beloved Lodge.

Visit us when you can. We love to get excited with our fellow VWL Groupies future vacations.
Well you have just made my day

You guys are all so welcoming, I will be sure to keep on checking in from now on and drive you all crazy with my over excitement !!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: