Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #1261
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggieDriver View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've enjoyed participating in the October Challenge and am looking forward to the next one. I've just been lurking and sending my updates to Samantha and haven't been involved in posting, so I just want to say what a great support you all have been over the past few weeks. I began the challenge at 162 (when I started on my own I was at 165) and I am now down to 145. I have a way to go but I already feel so much better, physically but even more so mentally. Thank you, thank you for sharing the ups and downs over the past few weeks. I will try to post next time, hoping I can help someone else stay motivated (and when that lapses, help them to see it's not the end of the effort but just a new start again.)
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Buggie

You are doing really well! I remember a BIG difference in the way I felt between 155 and 135, so I can totally understand the big changes you are seeing and feeling!

We would love to have your wisdom and insight for the holiday chat and the next BL challenge! Stay in touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Aww, Pamela, I remember when your poor DH was injured. I'm so glad that he is fully recovered and that you got to experience some real WISH magic during that stressful time. Thanks for being our Christmas elf and hostessing the holiday chat.

It was a really dark time for me, when DH was hurt. There was about 24+ hours when I didn't even know if he could be the same person every again, when they were concerned about bleeding in the brain, etc. But with prayers and modern medicine, he is better than ever! And being able to come here and "visit" with my friends really kept me going!!

It was a disappointment being swept and losing my bid for the Coast to Coast medal this year. I've finished four half marathons so I know I can do it. It's just getting this Western girl to finish one at WDW in the heat and humidity that is the challenge this time. That is one of the things I've learned from WISH -- never give up!

And I KNOW you won't give up. Fingers crossed that you can attempt another C2C in the near future!!

We are driving to Seattle for Thanksgiving. It is about a 6 hour drive. We drive over the Cascade mountains but it warmer and rainy so we shouldn't have any problems. We will have Thanksgiving with my Mom and dinner Friday night in the revolving restaurant at the Space Needle.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and don't forget to stick around for the results! Who will be the Biggest Loser of the Fall Challenge???
Enjoy your T.giving and safe travels to you my friend! I know that there have been some reports of big snow storms in the NW. Your dinner at the Space Needle sounds AWESOME! A visit there is definitely on my bucket list!

*********************

Time to get off my butt and get something done today! I've been on the computer reading and scanning scrapping websites and blogs and such all morning! I need to get productive with my day! TTYL................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #1262
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,966

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It is coming to a close, but we have a holiday week to look forward to now!

Made a new recipe for lunch that was easy, healthy, and tasty! It was a quinoa recipe and if anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it!

Got some scrapbook pages done, but I'm mentally done for now. Just gonna fold some towels and watch Amazing Race and go straight to bed. Alarm goes off at 4:00 on Mondays. Got my "just in case" bag packed in the event I get called to work, but I'll still need to throw breakfast and lunch in my bag in the morning. What a pain in the butt. Also got to pack up my gym bag.

G'night all! TTYL..............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #1263
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!
 
myweegirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Woo hoo Liz on your maintain for the challenge! And congratulations on the new car.

I definitely want to meet you in January at the big WISH meet. It will be Friday afternoon before the Donald at around 4 p.m. at the All Stars or maybe the Pop. Are you in the WISH FB group? If not, let me know and I can add you. A lot of this stuff seems to be posted there.

It was a disappointment being swept and losing my bid for the Coast to Coast medal this year. I've finished four half marathons so I know I can do it. It's just getting this Western girl to finish one at WDW in the heat and humidity that is the challenge this time. That is one of the things I've learned from WISH -- never give up!
Ooh, I am on the FB group - I'll pay attention! I think our dinner reservation (5:30, I think, at Narcoossee's that night - omnomnom!) might interfere with my ability to make the meet, but here's hoping. And maybe we can find a way to say hi in person if I don't make the meet!

XO
Liz
__________________
Anna, 10 ~ Tessa, 7 ~ married to DEA since 2003 ~ joined DVC in 2013!

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #1264
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran
 
Disneywedding2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,339

Hi everyone...

Wow! My last post was on Halloween. Here's a short update:

The last time I posted I talked about how we had talked about building a home. Well, that plan isn't going to work out and we haven't been able to find anything in an area that we like that DOESN'T have an HOA. So, we're moving back to TX.

Don't get me wrong I love Florida and love being close to Disney but things have happened in the past year that really has left me with the impression of "Florida is a great place to vacation but as far as living here, I don't like it." I'm angry that we were lied to from day one when we moved here. The sales guy told us whatever the f*** ever just to get a sale on this house. Then we found out from the HOA "Oh you can't do a, b, and c."

I'm ready to go back to Dallas where I have neighbors that we enjoy spending time with and looking out for one another. I want to go back to my hometown where I know everyone and I feel comfortable driving. We put our FL house on the market middle of last week. We've already had one couple come look at it.

If plans go as scheduled we'll be out of here by the 1st or 2nd week of January.

I'll miss being close to Disney but I have to do what is going to make me happy and in the past few months I've been miserable and stressed out. The straw that broke the camel's back was when we were told "Oh well there was a complaint filed on ya'll because of your barking dogs" Are you for real???

I'm done. Get me the hell out of here...
__________________
Disneywedding2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #1265
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,273

Sorry that the house and area wasn't what you expected. I hope you have a fast sale and find a lovely home in Dallas.

We heard that during the time some people had power and some people who didn't that there were people who had power complaining about the noise of someone's generator. Compared to other people we were so lucky that there is no reason to compain about minor things. Lose your entire house and then you can complain.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #1266
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneywedding2010 View Post
Hi everyone...

Wow! My last post was on Halloween. Here's a short update:

The last time I posted I talked about how we had talked about building a home. Well, that plan isn't going to work out and we haven't been able to find anything in an area that we like that DOESN'T have an HOA. So, we're moving back to TX.

Don't get me wrong I love Florida and love being close to Disney but things have happened in the past year that really has left me with the impression of "Florida is a great place to vacation but as far as living here, I don't like it." I'm angry that we were lied to from day one when we moved here. The sales guy told us whatever the f*** ever just to get a sale on this house. Then we found out from the HOA "Oh you can't do a, b, and c."

I'm ready to go back to Dallas where I have neighbors that we enjoy spending time with and looking out for one another. I want to go back to my hometown where I know everyone and I feel comfortable driving. We put our FL house on the market middle of last week. We've already had one couple come look at it.

If plans go as scheduled we'll be out of here by the 1st or 2nd week of January.

I'll miss being close to Disney but I have to do what is going to make me happy and in the past few months I've been miserable and stressed out. The straw that broke the camel's back was when we were told "Oh well there was a complaint filed on ya'll because of your barking dogs" Are you for real???

I'm done. Get me the hell out of here...
I'm SO sorry things haven't worked out for you. I know you went through a lot of thought before making the move. Fingers crossed that the move back to TX goes smoothly.

******************

Morning all! Workout is DONE, kids are dropped off, breakfast is eaten, dishwasher is run.... and I've had waaaay too much coffee!

I went to the Y with DD this morning totally prepared to be called to work, but apparently I wasn't needed, so a day at home is on schedule. I have a few loads of laundry to fold and put away that I didn't get to yesterday, but other than that things are okay here, so after the laundry and making beds, I'm free to scrap!

Never made it to last night's Amazing Race, as I went to bed about 8:30 with a headache. DH watched it alone and the kids and I will try to fit it in before bedtime tonight.

Need to text my SIL this morning about my contribution to T.giving dinner (two desserts) and then make a grocery list before hitting Costco and Market Basket tomorrow night.

Had my breakfast in two parts this morning, because of the early hour. Vitamuffin and cheese stick (with coffee) at 5 am and half a low carb pita with three egg whites, half a serving of melon (and coffee ) at 8:30 am. But I'm already hungry. Gonna have to search the fridge pretty hard to come up with something today. As far as produce goes, we are literally down to 2 carrots, 1 onion, a few celery stalks, one sweet potato, a head of cabbage, a handful of clementines, a few bananas and 4 apples. I will save the apples for DD's lunches for the next few days and the bananas are for DS. I might roast up the sweet potato for lunch today. Not sure I want to heat up the entire oven for one potato though.

For dinner I will have some of the quinoa and beans I made yesterday. They were yummy and I was going to pack some up and save it in the freezer for school lunch days, but not sure how it would hold up to freezing. I will freeze one portion as a "test". Dinner for the kids will be ????

Here is a BONUS QOTD for those of you who are sticking around with us for now!!

BONUS QOTD: What is your most HATED piece of exercise equipment at the gym?

For me it has to be the spin bikes! I've taken a spin class several times, but I always hate it! That said, I love the feeling of accomplishment when I am done!

BBL to chat!......................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1267
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Hope everyone had a great weekend. It is coming to a close, but we have a holiday week to look forward to now!

Made a new recipe for lunch that was easy, healthy, and tasty! It was a quinoa recipe and if anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it!
I would like to see the quinoa recipe, Pamela. I love quinoa but I have a hard time cooking it. I follow the directions exactly but it always seems too watery. I have been blaming the fact that I have new stainless steel pots with good fitting lids but it could be the chef. Will your kids have school all week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Ooh, I am on the FB group - I'll pay attention! I think our dinner reservation (5:30, I think, at Narcoossee's that night - omnomnom!) might interfere with my ability to make the meet, but here's hoping. And maybe we can find a way to say hi in person if I don't make the meet!

XO
Liz
There will be other meets. Are you doing the half or the full? We meet up somewhere in the runners area before the half -- or the full, too, I'm sure -- and then there is Scream Teamin' for the full on Sunday at the Beach Club. I'm sure there will be more information on FB and the main thread soon because I do want to say "hello" and meet you. I had the best time chatting with MelindaRuns before the W&D.

Christina, I hope that your house sale goes smoothly and that you can find a situation that makes you happy.

Hi Dona! Hope that you have a great week!

Most hated piece of equipment in the gym . . . . the elliptical! Evil!

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #1268
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I would like to see the quinoa recipe, Pamela. I love quinoa but I have a hard time cooking it. I follow the directions exactly but it always seems too watery. I have been blaming the fact that I have new stainless steel pots with good fitting lids but it could be the chef. Will your kids have school all week?


I'll find the recipe on my Pinterest page and post it at lunchtime. I will say that this recipe looked a bit soupy when I first checked it, but I left the lid on and let it sit on on the still-warm burner and when I checked it again a few minutes later it was perfect.

Just school today and tomorrow!!



There will be other meets. Are you doing the half or the full? We meet up somewhere in the runners area before the half -- or the full, too, I'm sure -- and then there is Scream Teamin' for the full on Sunday at the Beach Club. I'm sure there will be more information on FB and the main thread soon because I do want to say "hello" and meet you. I had the best time chatting with MelindaRuns before the W&D.

Christina, I hope that your house sale goes smoothly and that you can find a situation that makes you happy.

Hi Dona! Hope that you have a great week!

Most hated piece of equipment in the gym . . . . the elliptical! Evil!

Have a great day all!
Why do you hate the elliptical? I don't love it because it makes my toes fall asleep, but I don't mind using it. It is a nice change from the stair machine and the treadmill.

***********

Laundry folded and put away, dishwasher unloaded and scrubbed out (ick), and I sat down to scrap and discovered I only had one photo of the next event on the agenda to do, so I had to come here and try to find another one. And of course, since they are swim photos they are all blurry and icky. So my page title will be "Just a Blur"! ................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #1269
christinascreative
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 173

BONUS QOTD: What is your most HATED piece of exercise equipment at the gym?
I don't go to the gym... but if I did, it would probably be a treadmill. I run outside but I kind of have a fear of treadmills. While I'm about 40 lbs down from my initial weight, I still have a fear of people hearing the loud THUD of every step and I also have a fear that I would break it from being too heavy. Crazy right? But that's why I dread it.

On the opposite end of things, I have an elliptical in my house that I got at Dick's Sporting Goods a few February's ago for $300 It helped start my husband and I out on our journey, so it's well loved. It used to be more of a coat rack until we moved it into our living room. It's not pretty, but it helped us on our journey and my husband still uses it. If we put it in the spare room again, it wouldn't get used.. so we'll have to wait awhile to be on the cover of House Beautiful
__________________


[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #1270
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran
 
princessbride6205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,987

I kind of fell out of checking in over here what with our trip and the half marathon. I finished the challenge just above my maintain range. Maybe 3 weigh ins ago, I ended up several pounds up and haven't been able to shake them - like, nearly exactly the same each week since. I'm awesome at maintaining, I guess - but need to get back to the weight I want to maintain! It's only about 3 pounds, but (this sounds crazy) I can totally tell the difference. I've been exercising more but also eating more, so I'll need to watch calories a little better.

Great job to everyone who stuck with the challenge - whatever the outcome!
__________________
Nicole DH DD(7)
If there's a trip, there's a race!
2010 Princess Half * 2011 Wine & Dine Half * 2012 Wine & Dine Half
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #1271
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran
 
Disneywedding2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,339

Thanks everyone...

The tenants lease is up the end of December. We're planning to be back in our house the 1st or 2nd week of January. It just depends on how things go. I want to get a flooring company in there before we move in and get floors put down. Its something I've wanted to do since we've owned the house. I just never did it.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We'll be at Disney starting Sunday and will return home on Friday. My best friend flies in on the 1st and will be here a week. I'm ready for some relaxation away from all the craziness.
__________________
Disneywedding2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #1272
indygirl99
DIS Veteran
 
indygirl99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,062

Okay the "sports" fashion show was a lot of fun. Saw some really cute styles that I would wear as regular clothes.

Unfortunately they did not have fluffy girl sizes so the only thing I came home with was a new sports bra. Got professionally measured and I was only off a little on size. Wearing a 40D and measured a DD. I have been wearing the new one and can say for regular life it is extremely comfortable. I will take it for a 10K run at the turkeytrot and see how well it works keeping the girls contained in the running life.

They had a couple of local celebs/news ladies and some of the ladies in the local sports arena model the fashions and then the guys from the running store modeled some of the mens fashions. It was pretty funny since it was a girls night out and the only men were the vendors. Of course the guys made it a kind of racy fashion show and they tossed out socks, hats and a few shirts so that was a definate plus. Came home with 2 extra pair of feeture socks that I did not have to pay for.

I dislike the gym as a whole but I really detest the treadmill the most. For me it just seems too jerky and I can run much easier on a track or outside. If I do get on the treadmill I just walk fast. Give me a stability ball a couple of hand weights and my stairs at home and I am much happier.

I even perfer running oustide in the rain to the treadmill at the gym.
__________________
indygirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #1273
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!
 
belledreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the TARDIS with the Doctor
Posts: 785

BONUS QOTD: What is your most HATED piece of exercise equipment at the gym?

The arm weights... I don't mind the eliptical, the treadmill, or the stair climber. And I don't mind doing weights with my legs either. But I hate weight training with my arms... That said, I do pretty good with the rowing machine though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate thanksgiving week at the grocery store... Turkeys...turkeys everywhere... That aside, it's actually been going fairly smoothly so far. At least it's better than last year when one older lady had a meltdown because her husband (who had the wallet) went to go check the price on something and was taking forever to get back, so when he did get back, she broke loose and used curse words I didn't know ladies her age knew... Never a boring moment at the store.

I had intended to try to go to the gym tonight, but after 7 hours of turkeys and my nose still dripping from my head cold, I came home with a headache so I decided to take it easy tonight.

Hope everybody's doing okay!
__________________
belledreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #1274
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!
 
myweegirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
There will be other meets. Are you doing the half or the full? We meet up somewhere in the runners area before the half -- or the full, too, I'm sure -- and then there is Scream Teamin' for the full on Sunday at the Beach Club. I'm sure there will be more information on FB and the main thread soon because I do want to say "hello" and meet you. I had the best time chatting with MelindaRuns before the W&D.
DH and I are both doing the half (I can't bring myself to even imagine a full yet!) - it's my first half, too, so I'm extra nervous. I'll stay tuned and figure out where to go!

My least favorite piece of gym equipment...the caveat is that I haven't belonged to a gym since I started telecommuting 4 days/week - just couldn't make the logistics work on that new schedule. I think that's part of why I started running - I do an occasional Zumba class, and I love my Jillian DVDs (especially Ripped in 30), but running has become my main exercise. I *never* thought I'd say that!!

Anyway, my least favorite piece of gym equipment has to be the stair climber. It all just feels so pointless, like I'm hauling a** to get nowhere. Like Sisyphus who rolls the rock up the hill just to have it roll back down again, and he has to keep going back for it. All I'm missing is the rock.

We leave tomorrow midday for DMIL's, and I'm in a frenzy of work, baking, and packing...if I'm not back on before Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

XO
Liz
__________________
Anna, 10 ~ Tessa, 7 ~ married to DEA since 2003 ~ joined DVC in 2013!

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #1275
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Why do you hate the elliptical? I don't love it because it makes my toes fall asleep, but I don't mind using it. It is a nice change from the stair machine and the treadmill.
I'm not sure what I dislike about it so much. You would think someone who can do 15 miles on an indoor track could take a few minutes of the elliptical. I'm sure I should give it another try when I am working on my exercise goals for 2013 after the Donald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinascreative View Post
BONUS QOTD: What is your most HATED piece of exercise equipment at the gym?
I don't go to the gym... but if I did, it would probably be a treadmill. I run outside but I kind of have a fear of treadmills. While I'm about 40 lbs down from my initial weight, I still have a fear of people hearing the loud THUD of every step and I also have a fear that I would break it from being too heavy. Crazy right? But that's why I dread it.

On the opposite end of things, I have an elliptical in my house that I got at Dick's Sporting Goods a few February's ago for $300 It helped start my husband and I out on our journey, so it's well loved. It used to be more of a coat rack until we moved it into our living room. It's not pretty, but it helped us on our journey and my husband still uses it. If we put it in the spare room again, it wouldn't get used.. so we'll have to wait awhile to be on the cover of House Beautiful
Good way to make sure that equipment is used! And obviously you have been very successful, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I kind of fell out of checking in over here what with our trip and the half marathon. I finished the challenge just above my maintain range. Maybe 3 weigh ins ago, I ended up several pounds up and haven't been able to shake them - like, nearly exactly the same each week since. I'm awesome at maintaining, I guess - but need to get back to the weight I want to maintain! It's only about 3 pounds, but (this sounds crazy) I can totally tell the difference. I've been exercising more but also eating more, so I'll need to watch calories a little better.

Great job to everyone who stuck with the challenge - whatever the outcome!
Being awesome at maintaining is everyone's goal. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Okay the "sports" fashion show was a lot of fun. Saw some really cute styles that I would wear as regular clothes.

Unfortunately they did not have fluffy girl sizes so the only thing I came home with was a new sports bra. Got professionally measured and I was only off a little on size. Wearing a 40D and measured a DD. I have been wearing the new one and can say for regular life it is extremely comfortable. I will take it for a 10K run at the turkeytrot and see how well it works keeping the girls contained in the running life.

They had a couple of local celebs/news ladies and some of the ladies in the local sports arena model the fashions and then the guys from the running store modeled some of the mens fashions. It was pretty funny since it was a girls night out and the only men were the vendors. Of course the guys made it a kind of racy fashion show and they tossed out socks, hats and a few shirts so that was a definate plus. Came home with 2 extra pair of feeture socks that I did not have to pay for.

I dislike the gym as a whole but I really detest the treadmill the most. For me it just seems too jerky and I can run much easier on a track or outside. If I do get on the treadmill I just walk fast. Give me a stability ball a couple of hand weights and my stairs at home and I am much happier.

I even perfer running oustide in the rain to the treadmill at the gym.
Sounds like a fun show and some good freebies! Sparkleskirts.com has skirts in all sizes. I really love mine. I have several.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belledreamer View Post
BONUS QOTD: What is your most HATED piece of exercise equipment at the gym?

The arm weights... I don't mind the eliptical, the treadmill, or the stair climber. And I don't mind doing weights with my legs either. But I hate weight training with my arms... That said, I do pretty good with the rowing machine though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate thanksgiving week at the grocery store... Turkeys...turkeys everywhere... That aside, it's actually been going fairly smoothly so far. At least it's better than last year when one older lady had a meltdown because her husband (who had the wallet) went to go check the price on something and was taking forever to get back, so when he did get back, she broke loose and used curse words I didn't know ladies her age knew... Never a boring moment at the store.

I had intended to try to go to the gym tonight, but after 7 hours of turkeys and my nose still dripping from my head cold, I came home with a headache so I decided to take it easy tonight.

Hope everybody's doing okay!
Glad that you decided to take that well deserved rest. Take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
DH and I are both doing the half (I can't bring myself to even imagine a full yet!) - it's my first half, too, so I'm extra nervous. I'll stay tuned and figure out where to go!

My least favorite piece of gym equipment...the caveat is that I haven't belonged to a gym since I started telecommuting 4 days/week - just couldn't make the logistics work on that new schedule. I think that's part of why I started running - I do an occasional Zumba class, and I love my Jillian DVDs (especially Ripped in 30), but running has become my main exercise. I *never* thought I'd say that!!

Anyway, my least favorite piece of gym equipment has to be the stair climber. It all just feels so pointless, like I'm hauling a** to get nowhere. Like Sisyphus who rolls the rock up the hill just to have it roll back down again, and he has to keep going back for it. All I'm missing is the rock.

We leave tomorrow midday for DMIL's, and I'm in a frenzy of work, baking, and packing...if I'm not back on before Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

XO
Liz
A half is plenty for me, too. It is fun and you get to run through the Magic Kingdom. I have no desire to run a full marathon. As it gets closer we will figure out a way to meet up for sure.

Have a safe trip to DMIL's and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

(As the spouse of a classical scholar and mother to a Latin I student, I always enjoy a good mythical reference in every day conversation. )

Happy Thanksgiving to all my BL friends!

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for the results while I am travelling and will see you back here or on the new thread.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: