Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #1801
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post

I finally finished the dress that I've been working on. I altered the pattern to make it with long sleeves. I am not sure how exact the sleeve length is because I haven't seen my niece yet and went with measurement that my SIL sent to me. I made one dress with two pinafores so that the dress could be worn all winter long, not just for the holidays.

Here is a Chanukah dress:

And with a quick change of pinafores, it is a Goofy dress:
You are so clever to make two pinafores! Love the colors and I'm sure your niece will love them both! Great job Auntie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
I've got 3 shirts to go, my SW skirt to finish, and some smaller things to do if I can squeeze them in. I need to pack on Tuesday night. I think I found cooler weather layers for everyone. And, the trip is still a secret so dh and I are ready to burst! We're leaving from my parents in TN next Saturday morning, but are just going to let the kids think we're going home. Hopefully they won't realize anything's up until we drive under that sign!

Back to work!
Regards,
C.
That is so exciting to be surprising your kids! I'd love to see their reaction when you drive under that sign. We'll be right behind you, getting there Wednesday morning the 28th. Hope you get everything done and have a wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
The weather has been perfect so far. Shorts and tee-shirts during the day. Add a light jacket when the sun goes down and you are good to go.

Here is today at Hollywood Studios

IMG_6530 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

We are having lots of fun and have gotten lots of comments and compliements.
Snowmen are my thing, and I LOVE these outfits! Glad you're getting some recognition for all that hard work. As well as some outstanding photos of your little cuties! Hope the weather stays like that until we get there in 9 days. Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #1802
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! Love all your sewing awesomeness!

I was wondering how everyone liked the new Princess Sophia?

We were going to take a little trip to Disney next week, but had to cancel it. I am so bummed, but with all that going on with Steve we knew we just wouldnt enjoy ourselves and would be wondering whats happening at home all the time wishing we could help. We also got good news that Steve's oldest son Andrew and his wife will come home for their school break in January! That made Steve and Sue so happy - its hard for Andrew and Jess to be so far away when all of this "stuff" is happening. Tomorrow Steve will have an endoscopic ultrasound that will tell us the stage of the tumor, and help them decide the course of his treatments. Still praising God that the cancer has not spread to other parts of his body.

Also next Friday, I have to have my gallbladder out! I am super scared!!!

If anyone would like to make tie dye shirts for Shawn Brooklyn, please come on over and sign up - mom really loved them seeing them in the photobucket acct and on other kids Big Gives!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #1803
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
To those of you that have PE770's what is your recommendation for thread brand and prewound bobbin brands?
I like Marathon for Thread but also use Thread Art and some Sulky.

For prewounds I can only use one brand but I can't remember it off the top of my head but Marathon doesn't carry it right now.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #1804
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The weather has been perfect so far. Shorts and tee-shirts during the day. Add a light jacket when the sun goes down and you are good to go.

Sooo glad to hear you're having fun and getting compliments on all the fun outfits!

I am just praying next week's weather will be similar! Maybe since I bought all kinds of cold weather stuff, we won't need it, right? Kind of like carrying an umbrella so it won't rain.

Quote:
Yeah, 85 shirts with the same design would make me nuts. I am doing very well in getting prepared for the bat mitzvah. I still have 6 months to go and I have the centerpieces, tablecovers and the candlelighting board all finished. Plus I made each of my girls tallit and kippah. I have some small things to make but I am mostly done with the stuff that I was planning to make.

I finally finished the dress that I've been working on. I altered the pattern to make it with long sleeves. I am not sure how exact the sleeve length is because I haven't seen my niece yet and went with measurement that my SIL sent to me. I made one dress with two pinafores so that the dress could be worn all winter long, not just for the holidays.

What a clever idea for a dress! So cute! Is that the Meg pattern still, with long sleeves?

I didn't realize you hadn't had the bat-mitzvah yet. I remember the table coverings and the gorgeous tallit from last year. You definitely win the Plan Ahead award!

Quote:
To those of you that have PE770's what is your recommendation for thread brand and prewound bobbin brands?
I love Marathon thread, but haven't tried any pre-wounds yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
That is so exciting to be surprising your kids! I'd love to see their reaction when you drive under that sign. We'll be right behind you, getting there Wednesday morning the 28th. Hope you get everything done and have a wonderful trip!
Thank, Lois! I hope you all have a great time, too!

So, I'm abandoning the Snow White skirt. After putting in the zipper, I tried it on with my navy blue SW tshirt and it just doesn't work. The blue on the skirt just looks weird with navy and I don't want to change the shirt. I was never completely thrilled with how it was turning out and that finally confirmed it for me. After our trip, I'll cut off the yoke and make a skirt for dd, so at least it won't be a total loss.

I've got my last shirt almost done, so pics of another set later today. And, I need to make a few things on felt for temporarily attaching. The end is in sight!

Regards,
C.

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #1805
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post

I didn't remember to record the new Princess Sophia show so I just set up the dvr. Thanks for reminding me!

I am sure that the gall bladder surgery will go super smoothly. I had mine out and compared to other stuff it was a breeze. It should only be a couple of days before you really get back to feeling better! It will be nice to have it over with too because then you'll be tip top shape to better to be able to help Steve and his family.

Quote:
What a clever idea for a dress! So cute! Is that the Meg pattern still, with long sleeves?

I didn't realize you hadn't had the bat-mitzvah yet. I remember the table coverings and the gorgeous tallit from last year. You definitely win the Plan Ahead award!

So, I'm abandoning the Snow White skirt. After putting in the zipper, I tried it on with my navy blue SW tshirt and it just doesn't work. The blue on the skirt just looks weird with navy and I don't want to change the shirt. I was never completely thrilled with how it was turning out and that finally confirmed it for me. After our trip, I'll cut off the yoke and make a skirt for dd, so at least it won't be a total loss.
Yes, it is the Olabelhe Meg dress. I figured out the long sleeves myself. I did send an email to the lady who makes the Olabelhe patterns to ask a few questions about lengthening the sleeves. I was quite disappointed that I never heard back from her. Once of the nice things about purchasing a pattern from a smaller business is that you should be able to communicate with the pattern designer. Oh well.

I am definitely a planner! It drives my friends nuts because I am always ready for things ahead of time. One of friends teases me every January about whether I have started packing the kids summer camp clothes. I just bought straps at the Joanns 60% off notions sale for my younger dd's bat mitzvah dress. She picked something that is strapless but she wants me to add straps so it feels more secure. I found these cute straps that are clear but have tiny rhinestones on them.

Sorry that you are abandoning your SW skirt. It looks like it was going to be cute. But I am sure it will be a great skirt for your dd and at least it isn't a total waste.

Quote:
I have bought lots of Thread Art thread. I just got Marathon for the first time and I like that too. On my Ellageo I always wound my own bobbins but my new machine seems to prefer the prewound bobbins. Chiara gave me a link to some at Sewforless.com. They seem to work great. Here is a link to them:
http://www.sewforless.com/item.php?item_id=7438

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #1806
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

Love the snowmen outfits! ANd the petticoats over the same dress? Brilliant! I am still struggling through my wheelchair bag. I think I bit off more than I can chew with this one!

Totally cannot tie die but I did register for the Big Give to help out!
Nevada Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1807
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it (I just skimmed) but lynniepinnie is having a big sale. $1 designs and codes for 25% off $10 or 50% off $20 I think. I picked up the new cuties of Alice and queen of hearts as well as Prince Charming, Milan and a couple of Misc Christmas ones. Glad to be an enabler for once rather than the enabled.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #1808
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
My mother in law is just like that. She gives all kinds of stuff she doesn't want to the kids. When they were selling their condo in MD because they were going to live full time in FL, they kept giving all kinds of crazy stuff to the kids. And the kids didn't want it and kept trying not to take it. I finally told them to just take whatever Grandma gave them and we'd just donate it. It was easier than arguing. But what 11 year old needs a plastic salad bowl with matching tongs?????
That's too funny but my kids would actually like that and want to keep it for something

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Finally got Halloween Pics off my camera. You've already seen Alexa's Macaw but here is Ben's cowboy. He decided he didn't want a vest so all I had to make were chaps.

Great pictures

Quote:

This is just so adorable!

Quote:

We are having lots of fun and have gotten lots of comments and compliments.

Quote:
I only use the Brother embroidery bobbin thread and buy either Florani or Pacesetter thread (Brother's brand) but I can only get those at the local sewing store.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I don't know if anyone else mentioned it (I just skimmed) but lynniepinnie is having a big sale. $1 designs and codes for 25% off $10 or 50% off $20 I think. I picked up the new cuties of Alice and queen of hearts as well as Prince Charming, Milan and a couple of Misc Christmas ones. Glad to be an enabler for once rather than the enabled.
VTU is also having a sale
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #1809
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I really like the snowmen outfit! I am happy to hear that the weather has been great for you. I am not surprised that you got lots of comments on the outfits - you did a fantastic job on them!

Quote:

We were going to take a little trip to Disney next week, but had to cancel it. I am so bummed, but with all that going on with Steve we knew we just wouldnt enjoy ourselves and would be wondering whats happening at home all the time wishing we could help. We also got good news that Steve's oldest son Andrew and his wife will come home for their school break in January! That made Steve and Sue so happy - its hard for Andrew and Jess to be so far away when all of this "stuff" is happening. Tomorrow Steve will have an endoscopic ultrasound that will tell us the stage of the tumor, and help them decide the course of his treatments. Still praising God that the cancer has not spread to other parts of his body.

If anyone would like to make tie dye shirts for Shawn Brooklyn, please come on over and sign up - mom really loved them seeing them in the photobucket acct and on other kids Big Gives!!!!

I am sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip, but I am sure you made the right decision to be close to Steve and Sue during this difficult time. It's wonderful to hear that they will have more support from family comes January. I hope the ultrasound will go smoothly tomorrow so the doctors can formulate the best treatment plan possible.

I hope you will recover from your surgery quickly and you will feel better after it is done.

Quote:

I've got my last shirt almost done, so pics of another set later today. And, I need to make a few things on felt for temporarily attaching. The end is in sight!

Regards,
C.
It's too bad that you had to abandon your Snow White skirt, but at least it sounds like you can reuse the fabric later. It must be so exciting that the end is in sight. I can't wait to see pictures of your trip!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #1810
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I need to go and look on her site. Planet Applique is also having a sale. I think all her designs are 70 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
That's too funny but my kids would actually like that and want to keep it for something
Funny!

I finished another dress today but I didn't get to take a picture of it. We had a family movie night so we were occupied. I will take pictures of it tomorrow morning. The light will be a lot better anyhow.

Is everybody ready for Thanksgiving?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #1811
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Still keeping everyone in prayer. I guess you take the good news where you can. Glad it hasn't spread. And so glad the son and his wife are able to come home. It will be so good for both of them!

Good luck on you GB surgery! I've never had it, but hopefully you will heal up quickly and be better than new!

Quote:
I am just praying next week's weather will be similar! Maybe since I bought all kinds of cold weather stuff, we won't need it, right? Kind of like carrying an umbrella so it won't rain.

Regards,
C.
I'm hoping you're right about the weather as well! Sorry about you deciding to abandon your SW skirt. But I've done that before when it just wasn't meeting my expectations. Better to walk away than to wear it and not be happy with it. At least you'll get to use it for your DD.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #1812
Mom2SamandJames
DIS Veteran

It has been a LONG time since I have been able to be active on this board, but if any of you remember, a couple years ago, I asked several members of this board to send my Dad cards as he liked walking to the mailbox with my boys. He was told he was going to die soon from cancer. Well, my precious Daddy loved every single card, postcard, and letter he got from you. He has beaten the odds and survived this long.

Unfortunately, we had to admit him to an inpatient hospice facility this weekend. He has since developed pneumonia and had a stroke. They told us Sunday he wouldn't make it through the day, but he did. He is still hanging on, but I don't see how he will make it much longer.

I just wanted to thank each of you who sent him something. You have no idea how excited he was when he and the boys would return from the mailbox with something addressed to him. Thank you!

Dawn
Mom2SamandJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #1813
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

WTMTQ! All I can say it that everyone has been very busy creating many beautiful items. The Halloween costumes are terrific! I can't believe the amount of work that must have went into some of them. The dresses, skirts and shirts that have been posted are fabulous too! I love seeing all the items created for trips and it makes me wish we had a trip planned. DH said our next big trip will be another cruise in 2014. Although he did mention yesterday that maybe it will be a Disney cruise so .

I haven't been very busy sewing lately but that is about to change as I have several birthday and Christmas presents I need to make in the next month. This weekend is our awards banquet which wraps up our race season for this year so I should have a lot more time on my hands once this is over. I did get a chance to do some items the past few months though but just haven't remembered to post them.

A polo shirt for a friend who takes pictures at the races and the third logo I have digitized.

I am going to go back and rework digitizing the photo logo as I was not overly happy with it and neither was my machine. I think I have to strip out a few of the smaller details in it that tend to get lost in the overall design. He absolutely loves the shirt and doesn't have a problem with it, but I know it has issues and I can clean it up a bit more.

Shirts I made for DS's skateboard summer camp counsellors. Of course I also made one for DS too but forgot to take a picture of it!

They absolutely loved them and wore them on the final day of camp. They were asked by other parents where they got them because they wanted them for their kids too. Hmmmm, might have to think about that one next summer!

A princess purse for a Big Give.

This was a fun little project to work on. That fuzzy material certainly was slippery! But I had fun making something girly for a change.

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #1814
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Wendy ~ Prayers for you and your surgery and also for Steve. I am sure Tigger will happily keep you company as you recover.

Dawn ~ So happy to hear that you had so much time with your Dad. Prayers for you and your family as you go through the days and weeks ahead.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #1815
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbell13 View Post
WTMTQ! All I can say it that everyone has been very busy creating many beautiful items. The Halloween costumes are terrific! I can't believe the amount of work that must have went into some of them. The dresses, skirts and shirts that have been posted are fabulous too! I love seeing all the items created for trips and it makes me wish we had a trip planned. DH said our next big trip will be another cruise in 2014. Although he did mention yesterday that maybe it will be a Disney cruise so .

A polo shirt for a friend who takes pictures at the races and the third logo I have digitized.

Shirts I made for DS's skateboard summer camp counsellors. Of course I also made one for DS too but forgot to take a picture of it!

A princess purse for a Big Give.
I think that everything you made turned out great! How wonderful that you have been able to start digitizing some logos for people. I am sure that the camp counselors loved the shirts. I will have to think about doing that for my girls' camp counselors next summer. I always make my girls camp shorts with the name of the camp embroidered across the tushie and they always get tons of questions about where they got the shorts. The princess bag is awesome! I am sure that material was very hard to work with.

Here is the dress that I finished yesterday. I made it with some of the material in my stash. The only thing I had to buy was the buttons and I found buttons that were just perfect for this dress.

And here is the matching brother shirt:

I wish I had done the hull of the boat in dark blue instead of black. But overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: