Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #1336
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
^^^ Is that a laugh for each of the kids?
Yes! A laugh for each of his kids when they see the hot pink and lime green satin sleevless shirts their dad is going to make them wear.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #1337
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Did Val just kiss Kelly passionately at the end of their rumba????????????????
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #1338
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Kelly's costume was recycled from when Pamela Anderson wore it. It didn't look any better on Pamela.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #1339
Lil Lil
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
That's what I was thinking
Lil Lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #1340
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

That music seemed to get cut off very quickly...looks like a few seconds were chopped off. I think Val is feeling it more than Kelly though.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #1341
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
That music seemed to get cut off very quickly...looks like a few seconds were chopped off. I think Val is feeling it more than Kelly though.
I agree. Kelly pushed him away.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #1342
AmericangirlinFrance
DIS Veteran

My thoughts on tonight's dances -

Shawn: I think out of who's left, she probably is the best. I thought Carrie Ann was smoking crack with her comment about her tango. Her tango was EXCELLENT - well performed and technically flawless. Not as many lifts and "tricks" as Melissa's, but I tend to like the "pure" dancing better. Derek's choreography is the best of all the pros, I think.

Melissa: I think she's 2nd runner up or winner (or should be). Her tango was awesome - she is a great dancer.

Apolo: He's a good dancer, but I haven't been totally enthralled by him this season. I think part of the problem is that he and Karina don't really have any chemistry together. She's not one of my favorite pros, anyway. I thought Apolo probably deserved a little better than the judges gave him tonight (especially comparing Emmitt!). But I have thought all season that Apolo was always a few steps behind Gilles, both in technical dance ability and performance.

Kelly: Kind of over the her and Val laying all over each other thing! I'm not sure she would still be here if they didn't have that going for them. She's not on the same level as the other 2 women left.

Emmitt: WHY is he still here?!?! All I could think about was the fact that HE's here, and Gilles isn't. The lindy hop especially was a mess - sloppy footwork and missed steps all over the place. His level of dancing is WAY below the other competitors, and has been all season. I do not get why the judges keep scoring him so highly!

In the end, I was a Gilles fan and I still think he should have gone to the finals.

Florida residents!
AmericangirlinFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #1343
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Yes! A laugh for each of his kids when they see the hot pink and lime green satin sleevless shirts their dad is going to make them wear.
I wonder if they will be wearing those bicep garters that Emmitt wore tonight, instead of sleeves. he wore them in both dances. So technically he wasn't 'sleeveless' or at least bare armed in his first dance tonight.

Quote:
He's probably working on getting a love scene with Kelly on GH. From what I read, currently, he only has a scene where he briefly meets her at her work. Not too exciting. That's barely better than a walk on role.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #1344
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericangirlinFrance View Post
My thoughts on tonight's dances -

Shawn: I think out of who's left, she probably is the best. I thought Carrie Ann was smoking crack with her comment about her tango. Her tango was EXCELLENT - well performed and technically flawless. Not as many lifts and "tricks" as Melissa's, but I tend to like the "pure" dancing better. Derek's choreography is the best of all the pros, I think.

Melissa: I think she's 2nd runner up or winner (or should be). Her tango was awesome - she is a great dancer.

Apolo: He's a good dancer, but I haven't been totally enthralled by him this season. I think part of the problem is that he and Karina don't really have any chemistry together. She's not one of my favorite pros, anyway. I thought Apolo probably deserved a little better than the judges gave him tonight (especially comparing Emmitt!). But I have thought all season that Apolo was always a few steps behind Gilles, both in technical dance ability and performance.

Kelly: Kind of over the her and Val laying all over each other thing! I'm not sure she would still be here if they didn't have that going for them. She's not on the same level as the other 2 women left.

Emmitt: WHY is he still here?!?! All I could think about was the fact that HE's here, and Gilles isn't. The lindy hop especially was a mess - sloppy footwork and missed steps all over the place. His level of dancing is WAY below the other competitors, and has been all season. I do not get why the judges keep scoring him so highly!

In the end, I was a Gilles fan and I still think he should have gone to the finals.
I agree with all you said, except about Shawn. I was hoping for Gilles in the finals too.
Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #1345
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

I think Val is in love with Kelly. Maybe they are dating ??? He's feeling it more than her IMO. I want Melissa to win hands down.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #1346
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

I thought that Emmitt's dance was nice but not on the same level of all the rest, including Kelly. Tonight was probably her best night but she shouldn't be in the finals although I would rather see her then Emmitt or Apolo.

All my votes are going to Melissa, she probably has the smallest fan base. Kelly is a soap star so she could get into the finals, Emmitt is a football star and I think that's what won it for him before but he sure doesn't deserve to still be there.

It is so hard to know who will be there but if Emmitt makes the finals then we will all have to pick one of the other two and vote, vote, vote so that Emmitt doesn't win.
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #1347
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

My votes mostly went to Melissa and Tony. I had to send one to Val and Kelly.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #1348
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

This is the first time I voted tonight. I gotta keep Melissa/Tony & Shawn/Derek in!

What do you think is the age difference between Kelly & Val? (I went back and googled it. Val is 26 & Kelly is 36. I thought she was older than that!) I just get the feeling he is more "taken" with her than she with him. Does anyone else feel that way? I think once the show is over she will be done with him. I think it's time for them to go, along with Emmitt/Cheryl.

My top favorite is Melissa, with Shawn a close 2nd. Although Shawn's voice is like nails on a chalkboard!

TC

Last edited by Tuffcookie; 11-19-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Tuffcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #1349
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Melissa is so great. She seems like such a nice person, I hope they make the finals. My top three, Melissa, Apolo and Shawn.

Quote:
Stick the landing!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, my votes are going for Melissa and Tony too. I love how excited Tony is too, poor guy who has been stuck with some of the worst partners....Kate Gosselin I'm looking at you!

I haven't voted all season, but did tonight......... All my votes went to Melissa and Tony!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #1350
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

I haven't voted all season, but did tonight......... All my votes went to Melissa and Tony!

Me too!

2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR and free dining! May: CBR (just DH and I!) ; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ;1990 - College Spring Break, off-site; Many trips as a child
Lucky'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: