Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #451
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

And another thread I am caught up again!

May I add that you make me very homesick for the Disney ships!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #452
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I did take the boat around 6ish. I was on my way to the Beach club around 6ish I think.
I had Claire, my niece and my Uncle with me then.
Yep it was around then because we were just getting to DHS a bit early inhopes of riding TSM before the lights were lit. It did not happen.
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #453
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

That is funny everyone ran for cover when it rained when they were already wet I know I can't stand to get water in my eyes though so if its raining hard enough to make me keep wiping my eyes I get out
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #454
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have to laugh at your comment about wet people afraid of the rain. This always astounds me and my son and I have this running joke about it. Like when we are at the beach and the first rain drop falls and people start packing up.

Nice detail pics.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #455
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
And another thread I am caught up again!

May I add that you make me very homesick for the Disney ships!
You go girl!
You are much faster than me. I am slowly but surely starting to read the TR's now, but this week is crazy yet again.

I love the Disney ships. I wish I could afford to go about once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
Yep it was around then because we were just getting to DHS a bit early inhopes of riding TSM before the lights were lit. It did not happen.
It was us then most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
That is funny everyone ran for cover when it rained when they were already wet I know I can't stand to get water in my eyes though so if its raining hard enough to make me keep wiping my eyes I get out
I know. I can understand your point though too. But the kids, who could care less, they can just stay in. It wasn't lightening or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have to laugh at your comment about wet people afraid of the rain. This always astounds me and my son and I have this running joke about it. Like when we are at the beach and the first rain drop falls and people start packing up.

Nice detail pics.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
I wait for storm conditions before packing up. LOL. As kids we used to love to swim in the rain. The water seemed warmer when you did.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #456
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

You are the only kind one, one update to catch up with! But then again, I know what was keeping you from updating

That is funny, running out of the pool from the rain. I loved running around in the rain as a kid.

So, where's your picture of Pluto We drew Mickey @ DHS, and it's not good.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #457
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
You are the only kind one, one update to catch up with! But then again, I know what was keeping you from updating

That is funny, running out of the pool from the rain. I loved running around in the rain as a kid.

So, where's your picture of Pluto We drew Mickey @ DHS, and it's not good.
I am sooo behind. I started tackling a really long one on another board I am on 2 days ago and still have like 10 pages of it to read.

I did post the picture....Did you not see it? It's a few pages back I bet. I also need to go and check my handy dandy links on the first page. I don't think I have updated it in a while.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #458
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

While hanging in the room, Lisa arrived. She said it rained pretty hard for a few minutes and she just decided to get out of there.

We flipped on the TV. I think I decided I needed a short nap and told Lisa to wake me in Ĺ hour if I fell asleep.
Before I knew it I heard my name and was told to get up. I had totally conked out. Lisa said I had even started to snore. I could see why too. I had my head on high pillows and the position I was in made me bend at the neck putting my chin almost on my chest&.so basically I was cutting off my air supply.

We decided it was time to get some lunch.

These arent the best pictures because I took them with my point and shoot.

They had a lot to choose from today too.

After lunch we had planned to see Brave in the Buena Vista Theatre. Brook had told us to save her a spot as she wanted to see it too.
We headed off for a potty break first.

We were lucky and had grabbed sweatshirts before going. That theatre is VERY cold. It also got packed very fast. We watched for Brook and never saw her. It got to be standing room only and we gave up looking.
I was shocked at how cold it was in there, but others mustve been there before because many people brought in blankets and curled up together under them.

The movie was good. This was Lisa's first time seeing it and she enjoyed it. We used to go to Disney movies a lot together as I would take my other 2 kids and she would come along to see them. I used to make fun of her because she would cry in almost every movie. I seemed to have softened a bit because I now tear up as well. When the lights came up we quickly dried our eyes and headed out.

We stopped off in the room to drop off our sweatshirts and I took a picture of some of the treats we had received so far.

We went up on deck and sat for a few minutes and saw a plane.

My guess is that we were near Cuba.

We ran into Brook and she wanted to go to the Quiet Cove to get a coffee drink and so did Lisa.

We ran into this guy on our way.

Brook had said that they had tried to come to the movie but it was so packed that they just walked by and gave up.

Inside the Quiet Cove Cafť I took pictures while the girls made their orders. (I dont drink coffee).

They had one named for Toledo, which I thought was odd. Toledo isnt really known for its coffee that I know of.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #459
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am sooo behind. I started tackling a really long one on another board I am on 2 days ago and still have like 10 pages of it to read.

I did post the picture....Did you not see it? It's a few pages back I bet. I also need to go and check my handy dandy links on the first page. I don't think I have updated it in a while.
Ugh, me too. I've just started "trying" to catch up this morning...I haven't gotten too far.

I just found it! You did a great job!! I can't wait to embarrass myself and show my Mickey off.

We loved Brave! In fact I'm finally getting around to having Kadence's friend party for her birthday, John's going to put up his big 90 inch screen and Brave is the movie. It will be the easiest party! Snacks, cupcakes, movie with popcorn and home they go!!
Kadence just said Claire should come! LOL So if your not doing anything on the 30th at 4:30 to 7.......
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #460
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Ugh, me too. I've just started "trying" to catch up this morning...I haven't gotten too far.

I just found it! You did a great job!! I can't wait to embarrass myself and show my Mickey off.

We loved Brave! In fact I'm finally getting around to having Kadence's friend party for her birthday, John's going to put up his big 90 inch screen and Brave is the movie. It will be the easiest party! Snacks, cupcakes, movie with popcorn and home they go!!
Kadence just said Claire should come! LOL So if your not doing anything on the 30th at 4:30 to 7.......
I'll send her. She just asked today when she can see Kadence again
Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #462
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen!

I just love the update ...... all those pics of the classic ships make me VERY homesick.
The buffet on the classic ship looks really inviting ..... and I don't even like buffets.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #463
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Are you still writing from notes or memory? I completely forgot that I had tried to get into Brave that time! It was PACKED!

Mmmm....Quiet Cove. Yum.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #464
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, Jen!

I just love the update ...... all those pics of the classic ships make me VERY homesick.
The buffet on the classic ship looks really inviting ..... and I don't even like buffets.
I really fell in love with the classic ships. I hope to sail the Wonder some day too.
I liek buffets, I know you are not a fan, but most were pretty decent this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Are you still writing from notes or memory? I completely forgot that I had tried to get into Brave that time! It was PACKED!

Mmmm....Quiet Cove. Yum.
Sadly I only wrote about 2 days worth of notes, so I am trying to go by memory. I am sure I am missing something or I might accidently post something on the wrong day. I am trying to see the time stamps on my pictures too to remember where I was during the day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: