Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #1141
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
I too just did online check in and had the pack-n-play request option. Which we don't need. I'm hoping I can ask Venomhatch to shine a little light on this for me with the fax-in procedure. I understand that it's to happen 3-5 days before arrival, and that short and sweet is preferred. I totally understand that a request is just that, a request, just curious what would be suggested?

thanks for the help! 9 more days!!!
Might you PM me...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #1142
jaybee1026
Earning My Ears

Only 370 days!

Just switched our reservation from CSR to here, Nov 24-Dec 7/13. Two Royal rooms, river view, for our family of mom, dad and 4 kiddos. Requested connecting rooms in Oak Manor. This is our third time to DW but first ever staying onsite. So much to learn and look forward to!

Jackie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #1143
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Just 275 days to go . Just wandering does anyone find ground floor rooms a little noisy with people walking past at POR? Or are the paths set back a bit from the rooms?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #1144
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Just 275 days to go . Just wandering does anyone find ground floor rooms a little noisy with people walking past at POR? Or are the paths set back a bit from the rooms?
The walkways are right up against the perimeter of the building and then meander off towards the main building.

The only time I found my ground floor room to be noisy when I was right off the quiet pool by Oak Manor. Other than that, I have been very pleased with my room locations in Acadian House and Parterre Place - all three times, I was at the end of a wing where no one would really walk by unless they happened to be in the room next door; the other direction was always more convenient.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #1145
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Omg!!!

100 Days to go...

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #1146
DisneyForLife
DIS Veteran

Just had to post to say I just got back from my first stay at POR Riverside...................and I now get it!!!!!! I fell in love with this resort. After having stayed at numerous resorts, value thru deluxe..........this is my favorite for sure. It is just so beautiful and peaceful. Stayed in the mansions section but loved the bayou section also.
I now understand what all you POR lovers are talking about. Will definitely be going back.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #1147
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

We came home on Saturday from a weeks stay at POR. We got the requests I asked for (thanks Venomhatch)! We did online check in and it would have been quick had we not had an issue about our HDDR tickets. I think the CM was new so he had no idea what to do. He was very apologetic about the wait though. The resort is beautiful!!! We stayed in the Bayou and it is just so quiet and lush. I loved it. I didn't find the room too small. I am very organized and used those closet cubby things. It worked out great. We got a lot of towel animals and notes from mousekeeping saying thank you for the tips we left. We liked the food court. Plenty of options. Much better than Mara and Roaring Forks. The buses were sometimes great and sometimes crappy. We stood a lot! I think POR is perfect for us. My husband didn't like the buses. He wants to go back to WL. I loved WL but I think for $900 less POR is much better. We didn't stand for WL buses but the wait times weren't any better. Oh and we got to see Bob too! We loved him!! We will definitely be back to POR. Next time I hope to spend more time at the pool and enjoy some of the resort amenities. My kids loved it too! Thanks for ALL the advice!!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #1148
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
We came home on Saturday from a weeks stay at POR. We got the requests I asked for (thanks Venomhatch)! Thanks for ALL the advice!!
No problem and your welcome. Just glad to hear you got what you had hoped for and more! Hope to see you around more in future trips!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #1149
jerlove
Hello

My family and I are only 5 days away from check in and can not wait. We have stayed at a few different resorts from Value up to Deluxe but for some reason I am looking forward to POR more than any of the other resorts.

I have only made one request to be in the mansions as I only booked a standard room and they seem to be the closest to the main pool but I am so excited to be going that I will take anything they give me. Well maybe not a cardboard box but you know what I mean

After 4 previous comando park visits this one we plan to take it easy and enjoy the resort a little more.

I will post updates on my stay live from the resort in a week.
Jan 12-CBR
Nov 12-POR
Jan 15- AKL and BC

Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #1150
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

Just got back from a week's stay and can't say enough great things about POR! We had an amazing room in bldg. 14, ground floor (thanks Venom, for the help with the fax!). My husband, who really doesn't notice these things, even said it was the best room and location we've ever had. The kids swam 3 different times and loved the pool. The lifeguards were excellent and I didn't worry about the kids on the one time I ran over to fill up our mugs in the food court (my kids are both excellent swimmers and the water was not over their heads).

We ate in the food court 3 times - 2 for dinner and 1 for breakfast. The food was good and it wasn't too crowded. The kids stuck with the make-your-own pasta while my husband and I both tried a couple of different items. My fav was the make your own salad, followed by a giant slice of cheesecake!

Our bus magic held all but one night when we waited 25 min for a magic kingdom bus. Otherwise, we never waited more than 10 min. coming or going from the park. We did stand a great deal of time, but several times we had seats but gave them up to small kids or older adults when they got on after us. The boat to DD was nice.

If you have any questions, let me know. Overall, I think we found our fav resort.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #1151
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMom View Post
Just got back from a week's stay and can't say enough great things about POR! We had an amazing room in bldg. 14, ground floor (thanks Venom, for the help with the fax!).
How nice to see you had such a magical time there and that you enjoyed the location!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #1152
NMDisneyFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

How nice to see you had such a magical time there and that you enjoyed the location!
Venomhatch,

I keep reading a lot of posts thanking you. I'm new to DIS and will be staying at POR in three weeks. What kinds of tips or help can you give me? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #1153
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem View Post
I told my hubby that if I must turn 40 I wanted to do it in my favorite place in the world. What a great guy to agree!
I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate a big birthday either! I turned 50 last May so this is my "birthday trip" too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
25 more days! I can't wait!! The kids have no idea we're going. I can't wait to pick them up from school and head straight to the airport!
I love to hear about surprises like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Yay! 6 mire days til we surprise the girls with the Royal Guest Rooms!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
yeah for surprises.....I for one, could never keep it a secret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissabo View Post
So if I need the bed rails and it is not showing on my reservation should I not do online check in or just do it and request the rails once we are there?
Why don't you do the online check in then inquire when you check in? Even if it isn't in your room at first, they can always deliver it there before it's time for bed.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #1154
kermiebudge
Mouseketeer

Getting closer to our first Dec., first POR trip!!! Can't wait-woot-woot!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1155
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMDisneyFan View Post
Venomhatch,

I keep reading a lot of posts thanking you. I'm new to DIS and will be staying at POR in three weeks. What kinds of tips or help can you give me? Thanks!
I sent you a Private Message.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: