Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

What day for minnie and friends?

Our family is going to DL in February, I'm the only one who has been before. We will be in there from the 7th-14th so as it stands now our early morning options are Saturday and Monday. I have seen it suggested to do Minnie on your non MM to maximize your time in the parks and not use "play" hours for dinning. Can you get in any day of the week for Minnie before the park opens or only on mm days?
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
hlbtimes2
Stretch that spine out big and tall!
Oh, you arent paying? Dang!

Ok, this doesnt exactly answer your question, but I'll tell you what we do. We actually like to do Minnies on our early entry day. We grab something quick in the morning on the way to early entry (fruit, granola bar, muffin, etc). This holds us over while we play for the first couple of hours and work up an appetite. We plan our meal at Minnies for around 10:30. By that time we are hungry, the park is getting busy and we are ready for a break. We treat the meal more like brunch and just have that and dinner, rather than trying to squeeze in 3 meals. But, we actually just 2 two meals most of our days at DL.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

PP makes some really good points, but if you are dead set on having a reservation at opening, I would book it for Tuesday. If you have a PH you get a MM for Tue, Thur or Saturday (Monday is a DCA EMH day). Use your MM on Saturday. On Tuesday, the first PS will be 10 minutes after MM starts. They will let you in the same time as the MM guests (you will line up at a different gate - #1).
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Madzac
Mouseketeer

We did the same thing as the PP last trip... planned a late morning sitting. It was wonderful! We got quite a bit done before breakfast when it was uncrowded and then hit the meal at about 1030. We saw so many characters and it was a wonderful time! It also filled us up until supper time!
Previous trips: WDW:CBR 3/93, ASMo 5/99, POFQ 5/06, WL 5/09, windsor hills 10/12. DL: Offsite 2/07, 3/10. DCL Dream 4 night bahamas 6/13 (trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131854)... next up Magic 7 night Western 3/2015
Madzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
scrapbunny
Mouseketeer

If you don't get MM or early entry would it be a good idea to eat at Minnie and Friends during that time? Can you get in early without MM?
scrapbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbunny View Post
If you don't get MM or early entry would it be a good idea to eat at Minnie and Friends during that time? Can you get in early without MM?
Yes and Yes!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input and suggestions. We are going Feb 16 - 22 with 5 days in the parks starting on the 17th. We are considering doing one character meal to see how it goes. DS7 is just now starting to warm up to characters. I seem to find positive reports on Minnie's with lots of characters in attendance.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
ktlm
DIS Veteran

We love Minnie's breakfast! We do the 10:15 or 10:30 time slots too. We get to the parks early and do some things and then take a break for a late breakfast. We love the later time because the restaurant is not usually that crowded, so the characters spend a ton of time with the kids. In fact, one trip, we had a hard time finding time to eat because I think we saw 9 characters and they were constantly at our table playing with DD. It was wonderful. Of course, if your DS is just starting to warm up to the characters and doesn't like them that much, that much interaction might be a problem instead of a huge bonus like it was for us.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the suggestions, I think the late reservation sounds like a great idea! I hadn't thought to use it as a brunch.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: