Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #31
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Ours went up the weekend after Halloween. It's so dark here, and the lights are so pretty . . .
tasha99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #32
PollyannaMom
I was a click-clack champ!!

We don't do our tree this early, because we usually get a real one, but I secretly took a few boxes of other decorations out of the attic yesterday, so I can start on those at the crack of dawn Friday morning! If it's nice tomorrow, I may put up the outdoor lights as well, to take advantage of the weather, and just not turn them on until Friday.

me, DH, DS(13), and lots of pets
PollyannaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #33
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

I know it is a bit early, but Saturday I went ahead and put the tree together an it is sitting there in the living room. I am going to wait until Thursday to put any decorations on it. I figure that is a good Thanksgiving night activity.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #34
stacy347
I carried a watermelon?

The tree is up, and the kids decorated it last night. The box with my angel (and a few other things) has gone missing though, so I will be tearing the garage apart today!
May 16-22, 2010 Seralago Resort ~ so much fun!
June 17-23, 2012 Regal Palms ~ loved it!
Oct. 4, 2012 Disney on Ice: Rockin' Ever After
stacy347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #35
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

We buy a real tree every year at the high school marching band's tree sale. They haven't started selling yet. We usually wait until the middle of December to buy and put up our tree.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #36
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

In the past I have always waited until the weekend following Thanksgiving to decorate the house put up the tree but I decided not to wait this year.

Yesterday I babysit my almost-4-year-old DGD so she and I got started on the decorating. She loved helping and she did a great job!

I still have a lot to do and will work on it today and hopefully finish tomorrow.

We will put up the tree on Saturday.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #37
Kies99
I Can has Cheezburger???

I put up our outdoor decorations the weekend before last. I couldn't resist as the temps were in the upper 60's for 2 days before dropping back into the 40's.

I haven't lit them up yet other than to test.

Inside we finished decorating this weekend as we are going away for T-giving and didn't want to deal with it when we got back.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bacon in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Kies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #38
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
My crazy neighbor up the street who has his tree in the window, the lights on the house, Christmas wreath on the door---all lit up!

Oh, and the pumpkins and corn stalks on the porch and by the light post

It's an eccentric look for sure
yeah..we've got a nutty neighbor like that..they still have the halloween blow ups inflated, right next to a big snow globe of the Nativity, kind of tacky!!

as for me.. the decorating stars the day after Thanksgiving.. the trees are usually the last things I do..we normally put up a big one, a medium one and a small one, , but we have 3 new cats in our family now, who are only 7 months old, and they may do a lot of damage, do debating on just putting up 1 tree, lol!

I did put the outdoor lights up when we had an unusually warm November weekend 2 weeks ago, but I don't turn them on till Dec 1'st
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
Piper
DIS Veteran

I have a small 4 foot tree that sits on an end table. I waxed the floor (that is a major job for me and takes several hours because I can only do a small area at a time before I am in major pain.) I moved the furniture a little. I set the tree on the table and cleared it off. I have put away other "stuff" to make ready. I bought the new candles for the Advent Wreath and made a plan for my devotions when I light each candle. I freshened up the tree that goes ourside my front door, got the garland out for the balcony, fixed a tiny 1 foot tree for my bedroom, fixed my centerpiece and ironed the tablecloth. Now all I have to do is put the decorations in place, put the backing on the quilts I am making for my daughter, sister, nephews, and a good friend--wrap them and enjoy the season of anticipation!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #40
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

I've started inside. I've got my tree up in my office and the other small one up at the end of the hall. The big one will go up Thursday night when DH is home to help! I've put up some of the other decor, as well. The outside stuff will go up this weekend, again, when DH is home to help. (The outside is still decorated for thanksgiving.)

It does feel early, but doing stuff the week of thanksgiving is our tradition, so up it goes.
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #41
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

.....I'm still trying to find the last of those darned missing Easter eggs....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #42
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Only thing I've done is put up outside lights, because the weather has been so mild. They won't be plugged in until Thanksgiving (or the day after, if I forget).

No decorating until after Thanksgiving. It's a rule in my house.

We always get a real tree, so that won't be for a few weeks, yet.

Since I'll be alone for most of this upcoming weekend, I may put out some odds and ends. Though most of my stuff is more winter (snowmen, etc) than strictly Christmas.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #43
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

Ours is up and the outside is done. I still have some more Christmas china to get washed and put out and I need to find a replacement piece for the yard. I have a gap from where a decoration went bad. I am having trouble finding one that I will love.

I wish we could get a real tree, but my son is too allergic.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #44
A_Princess'_Daddy
DIS Veteran

The outside of the home is decorated and ready to turn on (it's understated and tasteful per the neighborhood's culture, much to our chagrin as we'd like to do something more akin to the Osborne Lights!) and while we're in WDW this week our housekeeper, who is house sitting for us, will bring up all the boxes of decorations that I took out of storage in the basement before we left (we have, seriously, about 20 crates of Christmas decorations that we put up, plus five crates of ornaments and 24 "Christmas Village houses" in their own boxes).

We put up two live and three artificial trees in our home and two of the three artificials are already in their intended destinations (DD's and DS's bedrooms) due to their excitement with the third artificial to be brought up when I get home (it's 12 feet tall so too large for the housekeeper to carry without hurting herself).

The two live trees are ordered and will be delivered on Saturday before we get home that evening, so we'll dig right into decorating on Sunday morning when we wake up.

We love the holidays in our family and love to decorate, so we cannot wait to get started! It's such a warm and snuggly time of year!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #45
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Our Thanksgiving celebration is Wednesday, fake tree goes up Thursday. Our tree is pretty big, and we have loads of ornaments so it's a pretty big task.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: