Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Cond1108
Earning My Ears

What to wear when you are eating

What are any requirements for dressing when you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the Dream. Also what should you wear when you eat at enchanted garden if you eat there for lunch on the first day. If there are any requirements
Cond1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond1108 View Post
What are any requirements for dressing when you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the Dream. Also what should you wear when you eat at enchanted garden if you eat there for lunch on the first day. If there are any requirements
The only dress codes DCL has are "no short, tank tops, or bathing suits in the dining rooms for dinner". And no bathing suits in the buffet (without coverups) at anytime.

Also Palo and Remy have dress codes.

This is from the DCL website:

Question
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:
One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

On 4-night cruises:
First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

On 7-night cruises:
First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress code at Palo on all cruises:
Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

Dress code at Remy on all cruises:
A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
For cruises that request formalwear attire, Guests can pre-order tailored formalwear rentals and have it delivered directly to their staterooms upon arrival. To learn more, visit Cruiseline Formalwear.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...dining-attire/

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 11-19-2012 at 03:15 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

The no shorts rule is not solid. DH wears dress shorts as do many others on cruise casual nights especially on the first night when you may not have luggage before first seating or get it right before seating. We certainly adhere to the Palo guidelines, however.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond1108
Wear whatever you have on when you board to Enchanted Garden. Everyone looks the same! Excited but tired, laden with bags, etc! Breakfast and lunch are casual--shorts, etc. We wore swimsuits (me with a cover and dh and DS with shirts on, of course) to breakfast every day we were on the ship or CC.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
scootch
DIS Veteran

Really any dress code is more for dinner. Breakfast and lunch is anything with the exception of a bathing suit no cover.... We usually got ready for the day, so had bathing suits on and maybe shorts/shirt over top. Lunch, if we were by the pool, would just put on coverup to go to Cabanas. Followed required attire for dinner.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
jillgunter
Mouseketeer

I wore sundresses, linen pants with tops.formal dress on formal night, nice black dress on semi formal. I will admit i wore shorts the last night, I was tired. And after a week of seeing people wear what ever, I decided to just do it! There was a guy that wore a hat and shorts that showed his underwear all week.......ya not appropriate! But he was not said boo!

Jill: Mom to a Disney addicted 7 year old!
jillgunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
ivyhvc25
Earning My Ears

Starting to pack for my cruise in less then two weeks!!! This will help thanks
ivyhvc25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: