Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutiepatooties
Are the AS food courts all the same menu? Is it all burgers, fries and pizza?
No. There is a station with different choices daily. I love the make your own salad (I go for the steak). They have a few choices of carved meats each night. The flank steak is really good. The Italian is decent too. The quesadillas are ok too.

My son adores eating at the food court...so we end up there many nights. I can go the whole week and not go near a burger or pizza. I also usually have them sub grapes or something for fries if I do end up ordering something that comes with fries.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Here's my opinion on this one, go with whichever theme you prefer, whichever is cheaper, or where the rest of the group is staying. Having stayed at both, they are very similar. I see all these Pop lovers on this board and personally, I just don't get it. I haven't stayed at AoA yet but the all stars and Pop to me are identical except slightly different theming. The rooms are the same size, they have all been recently updated (with movies being the most recent late last year). The comment about the all stars being outdated and neglected is just plain silly.

To me, the food courts are very similar. All have pools that play games, all show movies at night. I will also say that the bus sharing at the all stars is very exaggerated on these boards. I personally found that in the early 2000's they shared much more than they do now. Every stay we have had recently they have had their own buses in the mornings and at park closings and only sharing during low times during midday. While Pop has dedicated bus service, it's a large resort and the buses are busy. Dring our last stay there they were always filled to capacity and we left people not able to get on. It happens sometimes.

That's about as honest of a review that I can give from someone who has stayed at all of them and doesn't have much of a preference either way. I have a slight preference toward the all star resorts because of their size, being smaller and easier to manage with movies at the top of my list. I find pop a little large and spread out for my taste but I would certainly stay there if the price was right. It's usually a slight bit more to stay there and I don't want to pay for a preferred room so my most recent value stays have been at the all stars.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
krohloff08
Mouseketeer

Pop! We love it there! I love not sharing buses. My kids get the biggest kick out of telling people that we are staying at P-O-P....POP!
krohloff08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

One more reason that we prefer Pop: AS is further away from the parks, except for AK. Pop is still a ways out, but it's close to EP and HS, and seems a bit closer to MK than AS is.

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

POP is our fav over the All Stars. We have stayed at all of them.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I recently returned from a split stay at Pop/AS Movies. I loved both resorts. However, Pop had certain advantages that made it the better choice for future stays.
* Pop had convenient access to AoA to enjoy their surroundings and their extra-special food court.
* More food choices at Pop vs. All Star Resorts.
* Larger, more comprehensive gift shop at Pop.
* Most important to me: Pop has a real ESPRESSO MACHINE and All Star resorts do not. (I checked ASMo and ASMu.)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
Epcotgal
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at both. I prefer All Stars. Sometimes you share buses but it was no different than sharing with the masses at Pop. Plus, due to the amount of people the food courts at the All Stars were much less hectic than Pop. Both are great though. A lot depends on which theme appeals to you.
Epcotgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #23
bandit90
Mouseketeer

Never had a problem and have always enjoyed staying at Pop.
bandit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #24
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

My kids thought ASMov was pretty cool, but I gotta go with Pop!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: