Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #211
padawans
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mommyrosa2;46746079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Hahahaha! At least DD knows what she wants!

So, you switching to a moderate???
--------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now, I'm going to keep the WL BUT I do have until February to make a switch on the pin code so I don't know.... . I do know if I make any changes, I'm not saying a word to the family...they're about to commit me
You can still make changes with an expired pin code. Just so you know.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #212
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=padawans;46747048]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post

Bad influence!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #213
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I'm gonna go ahead and change my baby girls age in my siggie because tomorrow (in less than 12 hours actually...) MY baby girl is going to be 6!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #214
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ok ladies....lend me an ear here. Not RC related but...
DD6 came home and said that today they were kept in at recess because a piece of hair and a pair of scissors had been found in the classroom. (As if someone had cut their hair or someone else's). The teacher asked who did it, and no one said anything. So for punishment they had to sit at their desks, be quiet and look at the board where she had pinned the hair (which was now in a baggie) instead of having their outside play time.

I haven't gotten the teachers side to this but out on the playground she told DD8 (she was looking for her sister) that the class will be kept inside at breaks until someone tells the truth.

I am oh just a wee bit hot under the collar right now. To me this seems to be a big overreaction, and more of maybe a power trip? I sent her an email asking very nicely what happened, and tomorrow it is our parent/teacher conference too.

DH just told me to calm down about it, but would this have upset any of you???
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #215
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
DD6 came home and said that today they were kept in at recess because a piece of hair and a pair of scissors had been found in the classroom. (As if someone had cut their hair or someone else's). The teacher asked who did it, and no one said anything. So for punishment they had to sit at their desks, be quiet and look at the board where she had pinned the hair (which was now in a baggie) instead of having their outside play time.

I haven't gotten the teachers side to this but out on the playground she told DD8 (she was looking for her sister) that the class will be kept inside at breaks until someone tells the truth.

I am oh just a wee bit hot under the collar right now. To me this seems to be a big overreaction, and more of maybe a power trip? I sent her an email asking very nicely what happened, and tomorrow it is our parent/teacher conference too.

I would just ask the teacher about it at parent/teacher conference. I had a similar situation where DD8 came home very upset because the modeling clay project that her class was supposed to do in art class was canceled because of the bad behavior of a few of the students in class. I was actually pretty mad because I didn't think it was fair to the students who were behaving to not be able to do their projects....but, her teacher explained to me that it makes the misbehaving students accountable for their behavior. When they use this tactic, and the misbehaving student sees how they are ostracized by the students who were deprived because of their behavior, they shape up real quick for the most part. I get it...still don't think it's fair, but neither is life I suppose. They got to do the modeling clay project the following week.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #216
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=padawans;46747048]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post

I didn't know that...hmmmm. Honestly, I don't remember being this unsure. I'm really hoping that once the holidays have passed, my head will be screwed on a little better and I'll stop the madness

Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #217
DopeyDonald
Mouseketeer

Just found out I am afflicted....

Oh my goodness, I didn't know the disease I have been suffering from has a name.....I am afflicted with Resort Changeritis...I had no idea that I was not the only one.

In fact, I have a HUGE case right at this moment. We just got back Sept 22 from our 3rd year in a row to VLW. We had planned a "year of Disney" while we were there and bought AP's. We used them in Sept, planned a trip to use them in Dec to see the lights, and will use them next Sept. We were however, devastated (and I'm not exaggerating) that we would not be able to stay at the WL in Dec. We are a fam of 5 and it's just too costly. (In Sept and prev yrs we have rented points for a 1 bedroom)

So first we were booked at POR. Then we changed to the Cabins. Then we called and added a night) Then it was POR for 1 night and Poly for the rest. (that is what I am on right now). However I just found out that we have relatives coming to stay at the WL also so they are willing to have 1 of our kids in their room and we can stay at WL in a standard room!!!!!!! We are SO excited!!!! As one of our main reasons for wanting to go at Christmas was wanting to stay at WL, but my DH and son had said it would be too hard to go there, not staying there

It's funny cause I'm kind of conflicted. I too, LOVE the lodge and was very sad that we would not be staying there - it tugged at my heart knowing we were not staying there. On the other hand, I was SUPER excited to try the Poly - you just can't beat that convenience..... but HOME won out....

So long story short, I am sitting here with sweaty hands, trying to get up the nerve to call reservations YET again...... lol I dont' know if I'm better off just cancelling the 2 reservations I have right now and then just rebooking online, since I have to drop a kid or what...... lol Oh well I only have a few more mins to get it done before they close..... better do it.....
(I feel like I'm in 5th grade waiting to call a boy..... lol)

Short but Not Sweet Trip Report
You're NOT 5 Until You Eat Cake in the Castle - a Feb/Mar TR

Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #218
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDonald View Post
Oh my goodness, I didn't know the disease I have been suffering from has a name.....I am afflicted with Resort Changeritis...I had no idea that I was not the only one.

In fact, I have a HUGE case right at this moment. We just got back Sept 22 from our 3rd year in a row to VLW. We had planned a "year of Disney" while we were there and bought AP's. We used them in Sept, planned a trip to use them in Dec to see the lights, and will use them next Sept. We were however, devastated (and I'm not exaggerating) that we would not be able to stay at the WL in Dec. We are a fam of 5 and it's just too costly. (In Sept and prev yrs we have rented points for a 1 bedroom)

So first we were booked at POR. Then we changed to the Cabins. Then we called and added a night) Then it was POR for 1 night and Poly for the rest. (that is what I am on right now). However I just found out that we have relatives coming to stay at the WL also so they are willing to have 1 of our kids in their room and we can stay at WL in a standard room!!!!!!! We are SO excited!!!! As one of our main reasons for wanting to go at Christmas was wanting to stay at WL, but my DH and son had said it would be too hard to go there, not staying there

It's funny cause I'm kind of conflicted. I too, LOVE the lodge and was very sad that we would not be staying there - it tugged at my heart knowing we were not staying there. On the other hand, I was SUPER excited to try the Poly - you just can't beat that convenience..... but HOME won out....

So long story short, I am sitting here with sweaty hands, trying to get up the nerve to call reservations YET again...... lol I dont' know if I'm better off just cancelling the 2 reservations I have right now and then just rebooking online, since I have to drop a kid or what...... lol Oh well I only have a few more mins to get it done before they close..... better do it.....
Better do it! They close in 16 minutes!!!!

Welcome by the way...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #219
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Oh how I remember those days and yes each time there was an incident, I'd immediately get annoyed & was always ready to shoot a note or make a call. I honestly found myself "feeding" off my kids emotions...they'd come home upset, I'd get crazy. While I didn't always agree with the punishment, more often than not, I understood why the teacher did what she did and a lesson had to be learned. Like Mousemommy said, life isn't always fair, that was the lesson both my girls learned very early on. All I can say is hang in there...once they're out of elementary and in the upper classes, it's a whole other ballgame...lol

Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #220
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDonald View Post

Welcome to our happy little thread! Our RC Queen, Jeanette somehow manages to blow up the system with all her changes!!! And wasn't she the one with 52 changes???? And MM are you the one with your own private CM .... or was that Miss? Now I don't do a lot of changing but I am known for my long stays and of course for my crazy splits! Just glance at my ticker and you'll see what I mean!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #221
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks ladies for the input....I guess the teachers only have so many tools to deal with things. We'll see how everything goes tomorrow. They do know life isn't always fair, but felt the need to look into it anyway. Ah.....the drama!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #222
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Welcome to our happy little thread! Our RC Queen, Jeanette somehow manages to blow up the system with all her changes!!! And wasn't she the one with 52 changes???? And MM are you the one with your own private CM .... or was that Miss? Now I don't do a lot of changing but I am known for my long stays and of course for my crazy splits! Just glance at my ticker and you'll see what I mean!!!
Yes! "Buck" (my CM) and I go waaaayyyyy back...to August in fact...
DH now knows him by name...he told me that the next time I talk to Buck, I need to just get his cell number so I can just text my changes...

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #223
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yes! "Buck" (my CM) and I go waaaayyyyy back...to August in fact...
DH now knows him by name...he told me that the next time I talk to Buck, I need to just get his cell number so I can just text my changes...
And don't forget to post that cell number here .... I know you want to share with your RC family!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #224
padawans
DIS Veteran

I talk to the same people over and over again. I know them all by name. There are some I hang up when they answer. I have my reasons. I don't call CRO so I am dealing with a much smaller office. I am sure they have my name on a bulletin board like one of those "MOST WANTED" pictures you see at police stations. It probably says "BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ***"

Anyway not sure what I'm doing in May yet. It will involve the YC for sure, possibly a cruise. It could be Universal and WDW, but leaning towards cruise. Cruise=no kids-at least most of the time. No CL I think.

Those of you that know me know it will involve multiple resorts....who am I kidding. It's almost a guarantee that I will be calling from the MCO airport to change something. I have done it everytime... so why be in denial. I will also no longer say the words "I'm done". I am never done. I even called from Typhoon lagoon on our last trip in an attempt to change.

I also have a one week trip planned in Sept. I'm thinking AKL cl and BW cl for that trip or maybe GF. Way too far off to think about. It's always so hard to know what you can afford until the trip actually gets closer. So many things can happen when you're trying to plan months in advance.

I hope everyone is well.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #225
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I am sure Pas has had waayyyy more than 52 changes, but I did get 52 invoices by mail this summer, and I am darn proud of it. I just wish I would have saved them to hang on the Christmas tree this year.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: