Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy 2 B Me View Post
Yes true . I wish we could still use those rooms at Paradise Pier but husband now needs the shower only rooms with 0 level entrance so he can sit his wheelchair next to the pull down shower seat so he can transfer to shower area. It is those rooms I was speaking of . I was told by staff at the hotel the room I needed did not have connecting rooms. I know how the original poster feels when traveling with a person that is handicapped. There is so much planning that goes into the trip, the room being the most important. Thinking your needs are beeing met to only find out upon check in that oops there was a mistake. We also rent a hospital bed for husband DL resorts are great about making sure beds are installed in rooms for dates needed. Rental is via Deckerts --we paid 250 for 5 nights. Paradise Pier let me know up front that daughter and son-in-law would be placed next door. ( this was a guarantee via global team). I had keys to our room issued to daghter and son-in-law in the case of emergency. I left the night lock undone and only used the one lock on door so the kids could get in to help me or husband. I know this is unsafe but we felt this was only option for us.

I am able to travel as I do kidney dialysis treatments each evening via paratoneal treatments. To let someone in room for emergency I would need to disconnect myself from machine then answer door. This takes some time but is doable. Having connecting rooms makes life much easier. We did fine with the kids having a key to our room. I do like having that safety lock in use but we were fine. I know we are a pair to draw to but with planning we can still enjoy a trip to DL where we can watch grandkids enjoy the magic of Disney.

I totally understand the need for specific rooms. My daughter is paralyzed and self-caths 4 times a day. Those bars and extra room around the toilet are essential for us. This was the first time traveling with friends, and thus my first experience with connecting rooms. I'm glad you can still go and enjoy even with your challenges.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: