Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #271
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Just wondering.....
Many, many posts ago someone mentioned a Champagne girls meet. Is this still a go, as I will have to get a tiara? And if so, when was it suppose to take place and where?
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #272
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
In the past we've printed out door decorations on Avery magnetic paper for inkjet printers. Worked like a charm on 4 cruises.

Seems like at least some people are having issues with magnets sticking to the doors due to the many coats of paint being applied to them over the years. For those that have cruised recently on the Wonder, did you have a problem with magnets sticking? All magnets or only weaker magnets? Got to get my door decorations done soon so I need to decide what to do.

Jeff, I bought the magnetic laminating cartridge refill for the Xyrox from www.stickermaker.com. Their prices are better than Amazon's and they are prompt. I print my designs on cardstock, then run them through the xyron and cut/trim the images. They stick better than the magnet stuff that comes in a roll.
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #273
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Jeff, we had trouble with magnets sticking on the outside of the door on the Hawaii. I'm using "vent covers" from home depot - the magnet is stronger. Rumor has it - it's not paint, but "overlays" on the outside of the doors.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #274
socababy
DIS Veteran

The only time I have had trouble with magnets sticking was when we were in the royal suite last April. I think I may have had a bad batch of magnetic tape though because some of my older magnets stuck just fine. The other 4 cruises I had no problem at all with the magnets.
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #275
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe
Jeff, we had trouble with magnets sticking on the outside of the door on the Hawaii. I'm using "vent covers" from home depot - the magnet is stronger. Rumor has it - it's not paint, but "overlays" on the outside of the doors.
I may go check out these "vent covers." What do they look like?
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #276
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
I may go check out these "vent covers." What do they look like?
They're white on one side, brown on the other, about 8 w x 15 inches and come 3 to a pack for about 7.5o in the HVAC department. They're made to go over the cold air return on a forced air heating system.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #277
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

I found that the normal style prinatable magnet stuck fine but those we received that were printed on thinner, more paper like magnet paper didn't stick as well. We also got a couple of store magnets that were heavier things with button magnets on the back and those tended to fall off the door when it was closed heavily (so we used them inside).
Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #278
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
While I am not colorblind, I am fashion impaired. All of my socks are either black or white.
My 81yo father is not colorblind, but only owns black socks. Or so he thinks. He can't tell the difference between black and navy, so often visits and is wearing one of each color. I've stopped worrying about it, because I don't visit him at his house, so there is no way to get rid of all the blue ones in his drawers.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #279
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Thanksgiving Recipes?

With turkey day ahead of us, does anyone have any favorite recipes they'd like to share? Something that always gets the "oh, if you're coming, please bring the delicious __________."

And, have any of these recipes come from a Disney resort or cruise?

Trader Joe's, which has locations in many states, has the best green bean casserole recipe. The following recipe is for everyone, including people who've tried the green bean casserole and hated it (me). It's delicious!

http://www.cooktj.com/trader-joes-ho...bean-casserole

I've also made the scalloped potatoes served at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland - have to find the recipe!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #280
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

This dip is super easy and yummy! It would be good at any Thanksgiving meal.

http://northcarolinacharm.blogspot.c...mpkin-dip.html
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #281
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
Just wondering.....
Many, many posts ago someone mentioned a Champagne girls meet. Is this still a go, as I will have to get a tiara? And if so, when was it suppose to take place and where?
I am keen for any events that involve champagne and tiaras. Tell me more about this!

Mary Lou
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #282
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
This dip is super easy and yummy! It would be good at any Thanksgiving meal.

http://northcarolinacharm.blogspot.c...mpkin-dip.html
Oh, my!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #283
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
Holy cow. No doubt about it, your Thanksgiving turkey story totally trumps mine about about the time my sister defrosted the turkey in the hot tub...
OK, that's just funny! I'd love to hear the outcome....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
That beats ANY Thanksgiving story I've heard yet. (I looked to see if you lived in Alaska. because it sounds like a story my friend in Eagle River could tell.)

I've already been to the gym, grocery store, prepared breakfast and made a cake. Scrapbook goodies are packed, packing schedule is complete, and ornament for exchange is done and packed. Is it time to go yet?
Gosh, you're a busy woman!

Sometimes, it feels like Alaska here . My front bench has often served as a temp. frig (or freezer, depending just how cold it is) for a large item (like a turkey , pot of soup, you get the idea). When the power was out for three days post-Sandy, the back deck served as the refrigerator, and we lost nothing...brrrrr. No problem, until day 3, when Larry found a squirrel trying to unwrap some cheese . Thankfully, there were no other "visitors".

This time, Larry wanted to put the turkey in the grill on the back deck, which is fenced in, but we actually used the grill for dinner last night....so the bear got lucky. I'm convinced it was female, because we found the wrapper this morning next to the driveway, and it had been quite neatly removed in one piece .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
My BIL is an actor who frequently plays "background parts" on Boardwalk Empire and other shows. He had a few parts in "Pan Am" last season, which is the only show that he's been in that I watched LOL!!! He always says that most of his parts are "the blurry guy in the background" or "the blue sleeve next to the main character".
Hey, the stars would be nothing without those "blurry guys in the background"!!! And I loved Pan Am, too....hated that it got cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS2012 View Post
Congratulations to JessicasMom and Beth's Husband for making me snort in laughter not once, but TWICE this morning! You know it is starting out to be a good week when bears are stealing thanksgiving dinner and husbands are wearing "What Not To Wear"!

On a side note, I asked 6 year-old DS what he was most looking forward to on our cruise and he said it was the "presents in the pockets" (i.e. FE). Thank you to everybody who is taking the time to make his trip extra-special!!!
You're very welcome. Since my camera malfunctioned when I grabbed it to take a picture (it was probably too dark anyway ), DH joked that we should put our other turkey outside and lie in wait. Yeah, like that's going to happen! I prefer the bears remain in Bear Land (which I'd like to believe is a land far, far away, not in my front yard).

I'm sure your DS will be thrilled with all his "presents". That's what it's all about .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPug View Post
jessicamom, and i thought southerns were idiots, i stand corrected northerns can be idiots too!!!! ha ha ha
Anna, if you weren't my favorite (and ONLY) niece, I would be offended!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #284
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Actually, it's been a rough week. DH and I both have rotten colds (thanks to my MIL ), our electric heat in the bedroom died (turned out to be the circuit breaker, of all things), my car needed new tires and some other goodies at a cost of over $900 and...you may have heard...a bear ate my turkey ! Being sick derailed my trip planning/packing this past week, but I hope to make up for it soon (as if I have a choice....THREE WEEKS!!!! )

However, given what other Dissers have endured recently, my problems are nothing. It's all good.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #285
mnewcomer
Happy Disneyland Annual Passholder Since 2004

Hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving & keep family close. It has been a rough couple weeks for everyone it seems. My father went to emergency room having a heart attack on the same day my MIL was told she had breast cancer. Good news is my dad got to hospital quickly & they say everything looks ok & MIL found the lump early so she had surgery today & they said she could go on the trip but has to do mild chemo treatments when we get back. So everyone hold there family close by & enjoy every moment we have with them Happy Thanksgiving
Disney Dream Apr. 2012
Disney Wonder thru Panama Canal Dec. 2012
Disney World & Fantasy Cruise Nov. 2013

mnewcomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: