Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #91
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Maybe that's why they're closing it down and refurbing it. To make the space they need.

And honestly, why not MSB? Why have a SB a few stores over selling coffee and pastries and a Bakery selling coffee and pastries? Why not just combine them since they both offer a similar service?
I just used putting SB in an empty Main Street shop to explain that it being on Main Street wasn't my issue with it. Since there aren't any empty stores on Main Street (that I can think of) they wouldn't be putting it a few stores over.

From what I have heard about the SB in DCA it is not a combination of Disney bakery items and SB items...from what I've read from people who have been to DCA, the bakery items sold are all SB with a few Mickey cookies added in. Disney itself said that MSB items would now be sold at other locations in the park...so I don't see this as a combining of the two places at all, but that it will be a Starbucks with a few Disney items. The Disney Parks blog said they won't have the cinnamon rolls...that alone is enough of an answer to "Why not the MSB?"
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 11-18-2012 at 07:42 PM.
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #92
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I just used putting SB in an empty Main Street shop to explain that it being on Main Street wasn't my issue with it. Since there aren't any empty stores on Main Street (that I can think of) they wouldn't be putting it a few stores over.

From what I have heard about the SB in DCA it is not a combination of Disney bakery items and SB items...from what I've read from people who have been to DCA, the bakery items sold are all SB with a few Mickey cookies added in. Disney itself said that MSB items would now be sold at other locations in the park...so I don't see this as a combining of the two places at all, but that it will be a Starbucks with a few Disney items. The Disney Parks blog said they won't have the cinnamon rolls...that alone is enough of an answer to "Why not the MSB?"
I guess we're reading two different things then. The blog post I read showed a picture of the DCA location with the top 2 rows being SB items and the rest being WDW items (I think 3 or 4 rows?).

The cinnamon rolls are going into the FLE... sounds pretty smart to me on Disney's part. Taking a popular item and putting it in a new area as an added way to get people over there. I think it's in the circus area too? Or something from MSB at least.

I don't buy the whole cinnamon roll is gone/the sky is falling argument. I hardly think that is enough of a reason to oppose SB moving in.

It's kind of a pointless debate. it's a done deal. I think it's silly that people are so upset, and you're upset and think it's warranted. We'll never agree on Starbucksgate 2012.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #93
WaltD4Me
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I guess we're reading two different things then. The blog post I read showed a picture of the DCA location with the top 2 rows being SB items and the rest being WDW items (I think 3 or 4 rows?).

The cinnamon rolls are going into the FLE... sounds pretty smart to me on Disney's part. Taking a popular item and putting it in a new area as an added way to get people over there. I think it's in the circus area too? Or something from MSB at least.

I don't buy the whole cinnamon roll is gone/the sky is falling argument. I hardly think that is enough of a reason to oppose SB moving in.

It's kind of a pointless debate. it's a done deal. I think it's silly that people are so upset, and you're upset and think it's warranted. We'll never agree on Starbucksgate 2012.
The point about the cinnamon rolls was that moving them is an example to show are not combining the bakery and SB as you said. I am guessing that SB is going to keep some Disney cold items, like cookies and brownies, but none of the warmed or hot things...like the cinnamon rolls.

No, I don't suppose we will ever agree. Shame on me, silly chicken little whiner for not realizing Disney is doing this because it needs cinnamon rolls to draw people to the brand new, everyone's raving about section of FL.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 11-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #94
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The point about the cinnamon rolls was that moving them is an example to show are not combining the bakery and SB as you said. I am guessing that SB is going to keep some Disney cold items, like cookies and brownies, but none of the warmed or hot things...like the cinnamon rolls.

No, I don't suppose we will ever agree. Shame on me, silly chicken little whiner for not realizing Disney is doing this because it needs cinnamon rolls to draw people to the brand new, everyone's raving about section of FL.
Personally, I dont like to judge things on "guessing". You keep going on and on about how there just going to sell a few "Disney" things and all SB things. In reality you are just guessing and have no idea whats coming. No one does, and until its here no one will.

I have been to disney many times and personally, I have never stopped in the MSB because im just not a bakery type of guy. Thats not to say it would not be kinda saddening if the exterior was to change for the worse, or all the disney items people love would disappear.

Why is it so hard to reserve judgment until there is actually something to judge?

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #95
WaltD4Me
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
Personally, I dont like to judge things on "guessing". You keep going on and on about how there just going to sell a few "Disney" things and all SB things. In reality you are just guessing and have no idea whats coming. No one does, and until its here no one will.

I have been to disney many times and personally, I have never stopped in the MSB because im just not a bakery type of guy. Thats not to say it would not be kinda saddening if the exterior was to change for the worse, or all the disney items people love would disappear.

Why is it so hard to reserve judgment until there is actually something to judge?
People keep saying how well the SB in DCA is done and from the pictures I agree, it looks nice and is well themed. Those who have been to it though are the ones saying that they carry mostly SB items and only a few Disney items. Someone from Disney responded on their blog to answer questions about some items from MSB and said that they will be selling them in other locations, so I'm not just guessing. In fact, originally, if I were to guess, I would have guessed they were just going to add SB drinks to MSB, but from Disney own statements, that doesn't seem to be the case. If they keep with what was done in DCA it will be SB items with some Disney cookies and cupcakes.

Why reserve judgement until it's a done deal? MAYBE Disney will take into consideration what people are saying now. Is that likely? No, probably not, but you never know, so now is the time to let them know, not once it opens and it's too late.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #96
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me

People keep saying how well the SB in DCA is done and from the pictures I agree, it looks nice and is well themed. Those who have been to it though are the ones saying that they carry mostly SB items and only a few Disney items. Someone from Disney responded on their blog to answer questions about some items from MSB and said that they will be selling them in other locations, so I'm not just guessing. In fact, originally, if I were to guess, I would have guessed they were just going to add SB drinks to MSB, but from Disney own statements, that doesn't seem to be the case. If they keep with what was done in DCA it will be SB items with some Disney cookies and cupcakes.

Why reserve judgement until it's a done deal? MAYBE Disney will take into consideration what people are saying now. Is that likely? No, probably not, but you never know, so now is the time to let them know, not once it opens and it's too late.
Your words from your post are "I'm guessing". You said it, I quoted it.

Lots of things about the west coast and the east coast are different when it comes to the parks. Until its here, it's not here.

Even disney's statement don't mean anything at all until the building is up and the doors are open. I could give you loads of examples but I'm sure you know as many as me.

Why reserve judgment? Because if Disney did everything the way you or I wanted I assure you as an overall experience the parks would not be as good. Disney, for the most part, exceeds expectations in almost all areas when it comes to the parks. Yes, once and a while they mess things up, but I'm willing to approach everything they do with an open mind.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}

Last edited by Mike2023; 11-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #97
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Moving a few items doesn't mean they aren't combining something. If you're bringing 2 similar businesses together, you're not going to keep everything. Why have 2 of the same thing and/or things that are super similar? When I moved in with my husband I didn't keep his couch AND my couch.

If they got rid of the cinnamon roll instead of moving it, you'd probably be more upset, right? There is 1 Starbucks location. Instead of putting a SB cinnamon roll in another location, they'll keep it all together and put the WDW cinnamon roll in another location in the 30 other places WDW operates in MK.

I hardly think I said having cinnamon rolls is THE factor bringing people into FLE. Get serious.

All I said was it makes it more attractive, and gets people over there. It will help spread people out, and brings a favorite item to a location that Disney wants people talking about.

ETA: It's already a done deal and it's already too late. You think they're going to announce that kind of sponsorship in the park before it's finalized and signed?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #98
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

There's a Starbucks in the town of Niagara On the Lake in Ontario, Canada, they made it fit in with the rest of the town even with out the help of Disney.

My felling is if you can make on fit in there with out it being obtrusive it will fit on main street in the MK too.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #99
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
There's a Starbucks in the town of Niagara On the Lake in Ontario, Canada, they made it fit in with the rest of the town even with out the help of Disney.
That's just nonsense. NONSENSE I SAY!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #100
WaltD4Me
I am actually a princess

Quote:

My felling is if you can make on fit in there with out it being obtrusive it will fit on main street in the MK too.
Oddly. I've been in this Starbucks. I thought it was a little gaudy.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #101
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's an adorable house. I'd live there. With or without the Starbucks.

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #102
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oddly. I've been in this Starbucks. I thought it was a little gaudy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
That's an adorable house. I'd live there. With or without the Starbucks.
I live near this Starbucks and am actually in NOTL as I type this...I would never have described this Starbucks as 'a little gaudy'! This made me smile whether you meant it to be funny or were being sarcastic. I really like how this Starbucks fit into the Old Town...it certainly is a huge improvement over the strip mall versions, IMHO. I don't think we're going to see a change in this decision however these types of do-overs give me hope that the MSB version will fit in. I sure hope so, anyway.
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #103
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

I miss Douwe & Egberts

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: