Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
JintyB
Mouseketeer

Just back from w/e trip - NOW WITH HIGHS AND LOWS :)

Still slightly stressed from nearly missing the last train - they bumped us from 10.20pm to the 1.27am as we arrived 10 mins before departure (traffic), but we figured we'd try and get on it and the lovely folk waved the car through, no questions asked (much to my relief - could have been tricky with work tomorrow!)

We had a good time despite VERY wet weather today. However, in nine years of regular trips, eight years of which have always been in school holidays and the most recent this August, I have never seen it so busy. Does anyone know if there was anything happening this weekend that might have caused this? Oh, and when I say busy, I'm talking a 90 minute wait on Big Thunder Mountain, 60 minutes on Phantom Manor etc.!! I hear it was quiet in the week....?

Anyway, must sleep now.

Jeanette

Last edited by JintyB; 11-19-2012 at 05:01 PM.
JintyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

welcome back. After your beauty sleep will you give us more highs and lows?
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Welcome back and hope to hear the rest of the story soon. Glad you made the last train home.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

welcome back - those wait times sound fairly normal for a Christmas season weekend to me to be honest.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
JintyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
welcome back. After your beauty sleep will you give us more highs and lows?
Ok then

This trip was partly an experiment to find out if you could go to DLP for the w/e in term time and partly to celebrate my birthday (which I just happen to share with a couple of mice you may have heard of!).

So, APs in hand, we left home at 2.45am on Saturday to catch a 5am Eurotunnel train, heading home on the Sunday train at 10.20pm.

Highs:

Upgraded room at Explorers which meant my Daughter got her own bunkbed room
Lunch at Cafe des Cascadeurs in the Studios - it was so peaceful there.
Cocktails in Cafe Fantasia before strolling out to watch Dreams from Main Street.
EMH on Sunday.
Star Tours doing an emergency stop because one of the riders managed to remove his seatbelt
Autopia running despite the rain - this ride/attraction just makes me giggle
Sitting just behind 'Martin' in Cinemagique.
Getting some good swaps on Vinylmation.
Catching the last train home!

Lows:

Very, very busy and very, very smokey
Heavy rain on Sunday.
No character time - partly through choice as I can't stand the scrums and didn't want to queue when we were there for such a short period of time.

Anyway, overall we had a good time and proved it is possible to do a trip with such limited time. Allowing a little extra time to get back to the Eurotunnel terminal might be a good idea though....

Jeanette
Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
JintyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
Welcome back and hope to hear the rest of the story soon. Glad you made the last train home.
Thanks. I'll admit to a minor freak out at the suggestion of the 1.27am train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
welcome back - those wait times sound fairly normal for a Christmas season weekend to me to be honest.
I'm wondering if we usually miss weekends We still managed to do quite a lot in the short time we were there, but I'll admit I'd have liked another go on BTM
Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

We did a weekend in November 2007 and we've done several weekend trips before and since then, none have ever been as busy as that one, I think it's just the effect of the xmas season. I did say after if it had been our first trip, it probably would've been our last!
We've queued for similar wait times for the favourite rides though on normal weekends, but we usually leave fantasyland until later in the
evening, next trip we're avoiding the parks on the weekend and heading into Paris.
Glad that despite the queues and crowds you managed to have a good time
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

got any pictures of those great cocktails?
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, thanks for sharing your highs & lows

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Porsche44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillrobinson View Post
We did a weekend in November 2007 and we've done several weekend trips before and since then, none have ever been as busy as that one, I think it's just the effect of the xmas season. I did say after if it had been our first trip, it probably would've been our last!
We've queued for similar wait times for the favourite rides though on normal weekends, but we usually leave fantasyland until later in the
evening, next trip we're avoiding the parks on the weekend and heading into Paris.
Glad that despite the queues and crowds you managed to have a good time
We arrive at DLP next Thursday and although we have a week in Paris after our 6 nights at DLP we, like you, are skipping the parks on the weekend and heading into Paris for those two days. We will come back to the parks at night for a meal and to enjoy the lights and atmosphere and if possible a ride or two but we will do our main touring on the weekdays that we will be there and the weekend nights will just be a bonus. I am getting really excited now, have been too preoccupied with moving house the last few weeks for it really to hit me but we leave on Tuesday and now in the words of my 16yo daughter SQWEEEEE
Porsche44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: