Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #1471
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki
Its been just about 2 years since our last stay at the Dolphin and I cannot remember what kind of coffee makers they have..by chance is it a Keurig?
Not keurigs. I would love the option to bring our own kcups. However, I'm sure DH is happy it is "less to pack". LOLOLOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #1472
SideshowBob
Oil Can aficionado
Screams like a little girl
Doesn't like things that go "bump" in the night
Is a SUPERSTAR!HOT as Heckuba here right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by commdoc View Post
I just left yesterday and the hotel was not decorated. The only other resort I visited was the BWI and it was not decorated either.
Just missed by one day (sorry) as they went up over this past weekend, so tree and most else up today (Monday) interior, and exterior being done now.

A tad chilly here in LBV ...

"The Enemy's Gate is Down!"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #1473
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
Just missed by one day (sorry) as they went up over this past weekend, so tree and most else up today (Monday) interior, and exterior being done now.

A tad chilly here in LBV ...
I will be driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort after I finish work the Monday morning after Thanksgiving weekend. I am getting very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations and to sleep in a heavenly bed after a long weekend of work. I hope to see you down there.

Seven days and counting. If I can get off work early Monday morning I might be able to get down there in early afternoon to look around and enjoy myself. I am sure all the coffee in my system will still be working for a little while before I start feeling tired.

I always get excited as I drive under the WDW welcome sign and even more excited when I actually physically get to get on the ground and running.

Seven days and counting for me.

Last edited by RaySharpton; 11-20-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #1474
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton View Post
I will be driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort after I finish work the Monday morning after Thanksgiving weekend. I am getting very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations and to see in a heavenly bed after a long weekend of work. I hope to see you down there.

Seven days and counting. If I can get off work early Monday morning I might be able to get down there in early afternoon to look around and enjoy myself. I am sure all the coffee in my system will still be working for a little while before I start feeling tired.

I always get excited as I drive under the WDW welcome sign and even more excited when I actually physically get to get on the ground and running.

Ray, I LOVE your excitement! I imagine you'll decorate your Swan balcony - if you have one? I'll look forward to seeing you soon. I'll be there in 11 days!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #1475
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I will be driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort after I finish work the Monday morning after Thanksgiving weekend. I am getting very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations and to see in a heavenly bed after a long weekend of work. I hope to see you down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Ray, I LOVE your excitement! I imagine you'll decorate your Swan balcony - if you have one? I'll look forward to seeing you soon. I'll be there in 11 days!

And I'll be at the Dolphin in 12 days!!!

Old 11-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #1476
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aww...thanks, Nancy. I do get a little excited about my annual WDW trip every December and a chance to get to see wonderful people like you.

I don't know what kind of room that I am going to get, but I decided not to decorate this year like I did at Pop Century last year. I am trying not to pack as much, and it was getting to be a little too much work for me. I used to want a view or balcony several years ago, but now, I just enjoy everything that comes my way. I am very excited to be in any room at the Disney Swan Resort and BWV and just grateful to be able to stay there and enjoy the atmosphere. Oh, and my first heavenly bed experience, too. Especially my first night after working and a 450 mile drive.

I will be decorating my mobility scooter again with those Mickey icon jingle bell Christmas wreaths again. And my Goofy Santa hat, too.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #1477
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

That's wonderful. I'll still be at the Swan Resort when you are there, too.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #1478
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
That's wonderful. I'll still be at the Swan Resort when you are there, too.
I will look for you! I haven't seen you since that Regis & Kelly taping!! (I'd say that's been awhile! )

Safe travels and a magical journey!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #1479
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Time is getting closer. Looking forward to seeing you, Nancy and Ray. And maybe Laura too? Would be nice to meet you after all these years. Maybe SSB too this year?

Welcome home, commdoc.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #1480
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Woohoo - hope to meet you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Time is getting closer. Looking forward to seeing you, Nancy and Ray. And maybe Laura too? Would be nice to meet you after all these years. Maybe SSB too this year?

Welcome home, commdoc.
Looking forward to seeing you again, Dan!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #1481
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will look for you! I haven't seen you since that Regis & Kelly taping!! (I'd say that's been awhile! )

Safe travels and a magical journey!
Wow...that was a long time ago. I remember that they had us queue in the for the riverboat before entering MK. I can't wait to see you again.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #1482
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome home, commdoc.
I can't wait to see you again, Dan.

Quote:

I can't wait to see you again, Nancy.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #1483
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Can anyone comment on the Thanksgiving buffets at Fresh Med and Garden Grove? We will be arriving NEXT year on Thanksgiving and I'm thinking that when the time comes, I will make us a reservation at one or the other. Any reviews?

Portifino Bay - June, 2015; [/COLOR]Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #1484
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I can't give feedback for Thanksgiving dinner at either, but it sure looks good.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/holidays/

Maybe give this one a bump to see if any feedback there.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3016943

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #1485
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:

Welcome home, commdoc.

Quote:

That would be awesome, Dan and Nancy!

SideshowBob if you will be in the area, would be fun to meet you too!

See ya all real soon!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: