Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #2131
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Thanks! I think we'll definitely do on-line check in this time around. We're staying in a Cars suite so I doubt there's an upgrade option, but fingers crossed we get what we requested!
Yeah good point about the upgrade! I still think online check in is a good thing. Have a great trip! I'm counting the days...

Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #2132
calliecranberry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick&Minn View Post
We will be arriving next Tuesday the 27th staying at the AOA Little Mermaid section with free dining Two weeks will go by fast you will wish you were there for another week LOL we will be there until the 8th of December
Hello! ...you have free dining? I'm just wondering.... how did you get free dining? We are there at the same time as you (Dec 2-8) and it didn't seem that free dining was an option? If there is something I'm missing, please fill me in!!

Cheers,

Vicki
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #2133
DisneyRunnerChick
Princess of the Sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom

How wonderful!!! Did you just find out about your upgrade when you arrived at AoA?
Yes! We got in late and were surprised . I didn't even realize till after we'd left the counter and were in the car pulling around. Love when you get those little magical surprises!

Me-; DFi-; DS-; DD-
Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2011, 2012; Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2011; Princess Half Marathon 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge 2012; ToT 2012; Wine and Dine Half 2012

Off property 2003; Off property 2004; PC March 2006; POR September 2010; ALSS January 2011; CS March 2011; POR October 2011; YC/PC January 2012; ALSS February 2012; AKL May 2012; POR September 2012; CB September 2012; AoA/ALSMusic November 2012; CSR January 2013

Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #2134
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliecranberry

Hello! ...you have free dining? I'm just wondering.... how did you get free dining? We are there at the same time as you (Dec 2-8) and it didn't seem that free dining was an option? If there is something I'm missing, please fill me in!!

Cheers,

Vicki
We are also staying at LM room next week with free dining. We got a pin before the offer was released to the general public and the pin included the LM rooms. But I believe all other free dining offers for the general public excluded those rooms.
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #2135
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunnerChick View Post
Yes! We got in late and were surprised . I didn't even realize till after we'd left the counter and were in the car pulling around. Love when you get those little magical surprises!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #2136
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Got our Mickey mail today! Both our travel docs/luggage tags and our PhotoPass+! Next week we can check in! Yippee!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #2137
ABDisney
Earning My Ears

weather in WDW

is it only going up to 60 deg? anyone at WDW now confirm that.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #2138
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDisney View Post
When...today? Definitely not today. We are about 2 hours north (and usually a few degrees cooler) and it's already 63 here and warming up.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #2139
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

The Orlando forecast for the next 5 days show the high temps will be in the low to mid 70's. The lows in the low 50's.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #2140
jmccreery
Earning My Ears

We are staying at a o a in march...super excited
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #2141
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDisney View Post
I would expect the unexpected with weather anywhere..Lol. We were at Disney World in December 2010 during the first week of the month. They had temps in the 20's at times. I would definitely plan on bringing some layering clothing just in case it happens again!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #2142
calliecranberry
Earning My Ears

A couple of questions for those of you who know

We are staying in a Lion King suite at AoA the week of Dec 2nd and would like to save some money by eating breakfast in the room. If I buy some microwavable items (ie. eggs) at Garden Grocer, do I also need to buy or bring plates/bowls/cutlery with me? Or does each room have these items in the cupboards?

What kind of coffee machine is it? Is there a certain filter I should bring/buy with me? (I am bringing my own coffee... Canadian eh!)

Are ice machines in each building? Will it be easy for us to run for ice? Ice bucket I am assuming is in each room?

We asked for the Lion King suite when we booked but I hear in other people's posts that they are "hoping to get" a certain suite. My kids are all excited about this particular suite... is there a possiblity we will be in another section instead? I just figured that I booked a LK room, and that is what is being held for me but maybe I am wrong?

What exactly is offered for drinks to go with the refillable mug at this particular resort?

Would it be considered bad etiquette to take out a water bottle or juice box from my bag at table service meals for my kids?

Is there one of those Bell rooms at AoA for Garden Grocer to deliver to if we aren't in our room the evening our food arrives?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #2143
dznygurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are staying in a Lion King suite at AoA the week of Dec 2nd and would like to save some money by eating breakfast in the room. If I buy some microwavable items (ie. eggs) at Garden Grocer, do I also need to buy or bring plates/bowls/cutlery with me? Or does each room have these items in the cupboards?

What kind of coffee machine is it? Is there a certain filter I should bring/buy with me? (I am bringing my own coffee... Canadian eh!)

Are ice machines in each building? Will it be easy for us to run for ice? Ice bucket I am assuming is in each room?

We asked for the Lion King suite when we booked but I hear in other people's posts that they are "hoping to get" a certain suite. My kids are all excited about this particular suite... is there a possiblity we will be in another section instead? I just figured that I booked a LK room, and that is what is being held for me but maybe I am wrong?

What exactly is offered for drinks to go with the refillable mug at this particular resort?

Would it be considered bad etiquette to take out a water bottle or juice box from my bag at table service meals for my kids?

Is there one of those Bell rooms at AoA for Garden Grocer to deliver to if we aren't in our room the evening our food arrives?

Thanks in advance!!
There was a small supply of paper bowls, plates, and plastic utensils when we arrived. We had also brought some from home, so I am not sure if they restock during the stay bc we haven't needed to use theirs. I would think though that housekeeping will restock as needed.

The coffee machine makes one cup at a time. They have one serving pouches of coffee in the rooms. We haven't made coffee with it as we are not coffee drinkers, but we did use it to make hot chocolate

Ice machines are on each floor and very easy to get to. Coke products are offered at the drink stations.

I don't think anyone would bat an eye to taking out water or juice for the kids during meals. I've done that on many occasions.

Yes, they will accept grocery deliveries. We ordered from Walmart and our 3 boxes were waiting in our suite when we checked in.

Enjoy your trip! Our last day is Thursday and I am already getting sad about having to leave "home".

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #2144
becfehr
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance!!

The coffee are actually called "pods". Here in the states, you can buy some at the grocery. You would not be able to brew your own coffee unless your brand comes in "pods".
Dec 9-12, 2009. MK, EP & AK- Me, DD5, DS3 and Friend with her DD and DS at ASMuSu.
Jan 21-26, 2012. ALL PARKS- Me, DH, DD7, DS5 at Poly.
Jan 27-Feb 1, 2013. ALL PARKS- Me, DH, DD8, DS6 at ASMuSu!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #2145
bek
Mouseketeer

Here are photos of the coffee set-up from my recent Finding Nemo stay:

The Celebration button is just about 3" in diameter and the pod is about 1/4 to 1/3 inch tall. If you look back (or search) in this thread, there were some links posted to coffee pods that other people thought would work. I looked at the links and searched on my own before going to WDW, but I wasn't convinced that what I found would work. Cuisinart doesn't even seem to be making these coffee makers for the general public. They are now producing a K-cup coffee maker for retail. The only thing I thought might work were Senseo coffee pods but they were very tough to find. The other drawback to coffee in the room is they only provide powdered, fake cream. I can't drink coffee -- particularly bad coffee -- without cream and sugar. But I drink my tea without adding anything, so I gave up and drank tea in the room and found good coffee in the parks. Good luck in your coffee pod search!

Here's a photo of the safe with an iPad in it. For those wondering about the safe:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: