Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
scoobysnax
Earning My Ears

Highs & Lows - Fri 16- Sun 18 - The Baaaarnsley CM

My 3rd trip, and by now we've worked out how best to do 2 full days in the park

http://sdrv.ms/10cVU6F

Lows
Busy busy busy park
Sunday morning - heavy rain
Dapper Dans is closed! A CM said that it's open Tuesday-Friday? There goes my birthday shave treat

Highs
Resteraunt des Stars - I wanted a birthday special meal, and read all the reviews in anticipation. It's a little pricey €23/€16 for a buffet lunch, but it's very good quality and a wide selection of entrees, mains and desserts a little like Inventions.

Princess Pavilion - It opens at 1030, and by 1040 the wait was 30 mins and it exactly was that. You queue past tableaus from the Princess films and "glass" versions of important items such as the rose or a crown, that change colour. Then you get directed to a Princess and get about 1 minute. We got an English Cinderella and with a bit of preparation of my 11 yr old ("This is the only chance you get to do this, so make it count!"), they chatted and had giggled and stood for the obligatory group shot
http://sdrv.ms/QoFPdM

Samantha the CM. We rode the DLP Express train for the first time and got off at Frontierland. They've installed Santa's Grotto and there was Minnie doing an unscheduled meet n greet, with a Yorkshire CM Samantha from Baaaaarnsley "helping" Minnie. We had a good chat and I asked why there isn't a queue, it's just a free for all, and she explained that those are the instructions. Formal, scheduled meet n greets get a queue (Jack & Sally ! yay ), informals get a scrum.
http://sdrv.ms/Q4qde2

Riding The Parachute Drop as a family, then Radiator Springs. I *swear* that the CM controlling RS span us extra fast

http://sdrv.ms/TaVwmX
scoobysnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
CherryPie3
Earning My Ears

Loved reading you trip analysis.

I would have been beside myself with excitement if I met a CM with a broad Barnsley accent, being from Yorkshire myself.

I was very interested that you enjoyed your lunch at Restaurant Des Stars as I think we're giving this a try next time. We didn't have time when we were there last week.

Do they take reservations like some of the other places or is it first come first served?

I remember when I took my littlest son on the Cars Rally, I said the same thing about how fast we spun! Nobody else seemed to go so fast...
Disneyland Paris, 1st-8th June, Adagio Access (Magny le Hongre) using AP's.

Last edited by CherryPie3; 11-19-2012 at 02:02 AM.
CherryPie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
scoobysnax
Earning My Ears

No, it's first come, first served. You pay, and then you wait for the maitre d' to find you and walk you to a table. Good service, good food (and I've had some rubbish in the park) and character interaction too
scoobysnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

you can reserve a table at Restaurant des Stars - they direct you to a different queue to pay and be seated if you have reserved a table in advance.

Sounds like you made the best of the busy weekend in the parks .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
CherryPie3
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info, I always like to arrive a DLP with an list of reservations Makes me feel better that I know where we'll be eating and when.

We have some time to wait til our next trip however so I'll not need to make any reservations until May for the trip in July.
Disneyland Paris, 1st-8th June, Adagio Access (Magny le Hongre) using AP's.
CherryPie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
Howellsy
:)

My boyfriend wanted a shave on our September trip and again this time but Dapper Dan's wasn't open either time - Friday to Sunday or Tuesday to Thursday so I'm guessing it just doesn't that much anymore

Glad you had a great trip though!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Lovely highs, glad you had a good trip

My dh had a shave in Dapper Dan's a couple of years back and said it was the worst he'd ever had - he said it was cold, and the aftershave he put on afterwards nearly made him hit the roof , so maybe you got lucky with it being closed
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: