Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears

San Pedro

Has anyone left on the Wonder from San Pedro recently? What time of arrivals work from San Pedro? I know that the set up is very different from FL. Our chosen arrival time is 11:30 am. I want to get there early enough to sign up for the Tea with Alice etc.

Thanks--this is our first Disney Cruise
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We left San Pedro last month. Our arrival time was 11:00 AM and we arrived shortly before. The terminal was practically empty. There are a lot of check in lines so not a lot of waiting. We started boarding shortly before noon.

You cannot sign up for any of the ship activities until you board the ship. You can sign up for the tea party (which is actually hosted by Ariel on the Wonder) anytime after embarkation. However, there is no need to rush.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
jmb910
Obsessed with anything Disney!

We sailed out of there in March. Our port time was 11:30am, and it was moderately full when we got there. I signed up for the tea as soon as I got onboard and we had a choice between Friday and Saturday.

The tea was not with Alice, it was just with Tiana and Ariel. They served apple juice in silver teapots and chocolate chip cookies. My daughter and my friend's daughter that was there (ages 3 and 4) both loved it.

I think that you should be fine getting tickets with an 11:30 check in time. We were on the spring break cruise, so the entire ship was full and we had no issues getting tickets. I would just get in line as soon as they announce you on the ship.
WDW: May 2014 / WDW: March/April 2014 / WDW: October 2013 / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: April 2013 / WDW: April 2013 / WDW: September/October 2012 / WDW: June 2012 / Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera: March/April 2012 / WDW: February/March 2012 / Disney Dream 4-Night: October 2011 / WDW: October 2011 / Aulani Resort: August 2011 / WDW: March 2011 / WDW: November 2010 / WDW: October 2010 / WDW: February 2010 / WDW: October/November 2009 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: October 2009 / WDW: May 2009 / DLR: December 2008 / WDW: October 2007 / Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean: April/May 2007 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: December 2006 / WDW: April 2006 / DLR: September 2005 / WDW: Too Many Times to Count 1999-2005

jmb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Sparky47
Mouseketeer

We sailed on October 13 on the Hawaiian cruise. Our port arrival time was 11:00 but we arrived at 10:00 due to a transportation mix up. We thought we would have to hang around outside with all our luggage and wait. We were dropped off and immediately told where to take our luggage and then we proceeded inside. No questions asked. The check in area was larger than I expected and there were no lines. Probably because we were there so early. I will say it was VERY hectic outside since there were still so many guests still getting off the ship. If I cruised from San Pedro again, I wouldn't intentionally get to the port at 10:00 due to the hecticness.
Sparky47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: