Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #196
pas130
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our new rcers

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #197
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Good evening ladies....yes, just in from work again, made lunches, and now sitting for a few minutes to catch up with you all!

Candace: What the??? I am not here for a few minutes and AKL???? Wow! Sounds pretty nifty! You keep things interesting!

Sarah: Thanks for the compliment, but this weekend didn't turn out the bestest. It all looked good on paper, but I just did too much, and none of it great. Trying too hard to be a good mom for me can end up leaving me feel like the exact opposite. And DH and I are grating on eachother to boot. SIGH...I seriously need a girls weekend away. Any of you up for a girls weekend? LOL!
yes girls weekend.however I doubt hubs will ever let me leave again..ds4 was apparently a handful

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #198
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans

Lol. I skim this thread to see what you and Pas are up to. You never cease to amaze me. I shouldn't talk I'm a hot mess myself. I haven't gotten into the vacation planning mode yet. It's still too far off for me. I hit my peak at about 2 months out. I like this change, but will it last?
You are an amazing rcer yourself my friend

Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #199
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Hi gang- eating b'fast overlooking the WL lobby. We do love it, but it will not replace the Grand- this is our chance to do CL. Off to Epcot,le Cellier and the studios tonight.

Have a great day
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #200
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Hi gang- eating b'fast overlooking the WL lobby. We do love it, but it will not replace the Grand- this is our chance to do CL. Off to Epcot,le Cellier and the studios tonight.

Have a great day
Have a great day! Le Cellier........yummmm
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #201
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal

Have a great day
Have a wonderful day!! Enjoy the lights

Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #202
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say "HI!" to everyone!!

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's resort changes! We had to make a quick trip to GA this past weekend to visit my DH's family. And this week will have lots of travelling as well so I won't be around much again. I can't wait to see how many more changes are made by the time I'm able to catch up.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #203
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I've made reservations at Boma, Jiko and Simba's Cubhouse for the kiddos...
committment?? Maybe...

I'm in a AKL state of mind today...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #204
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
committment?? Maybe...

If you get a chance try Sanaa .... our new favorite! My DD and I just never got our money's worth out of Boma so one trip we decided to give Sanaa a try. It is now a must do on every trip. We share the bread service and then split the slow cooked entree.

Also if your girls like to swim both pools are great .... also the water play area at Kidani looks like lots of fun. AK is my favorite warm weather resort and WL is my favorite winter one.

But we all know AK won't stick .... wonder where you will actually check in???
Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #205
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
If you get a chance try Sanaa .... our new favorite! My DD and I just never got our money's worth out of Boma so one trip we decided to give Sanaa a try. It is now a must do on every trip. We share the bread service and then split the slow cooked entree.

Also if your girls like to swim both pools are great .... also the water play area at Kidani looks like lots of fun. AK is my favorite warm weather resort and WL is my favorite winter one.

I wonder too!!!

But, I'm happy to be booked somewhere I won't worry about affording, but still offering the amenities that my family wants.

If I can afford more later....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #206
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
committment?? Maybe...

Congrats! At least for now

As if I don't have enough going on in my brain with this upcoming trip, my youngest DD informed last night what she really wants for her sweet 16. She said she doesn't want a huge party like I threw her sister, instead, she wants 10 days at the Poly because that is her "dream" resort. DH & I just looked at her. All I was thinking is, great, I can't even make up my mind on next summer's trip and she's already throwing me a curve ball for the summer after that . I turned to DH & asked, should we switch from WL to a moderate in order to start saving for the following summer's Poly trip? Both girls and DH, in sync, yelled "NO"...it was actually pretty funny but honestly, I can't help but wonder now .

Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #207
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning lovely ladies! Hellooooo everyone.

Sheesh, I take a little break and I miss all the excitement.

Candace, o' Candace... You are flippin' hilarious. AKL sounds LOVELY! (Until it goes kaput, of course. )
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #208
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Hey Miss! I just finally canceled my BWI ressie so it looks verrrry good for us to be resort buddies!

Mousemommy - AKL I kinda hope this one sticks for you. It seems perfect. Lodge-y like the WL and yet something new.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #209
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

I'm going to keep Sanaa in mind...but the pools do look great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Congrats! At least for now

As if I don't have enough going on in my brain with this upcoming trip, my youngest DD informed last night what she really wants for her sweet 16. She said she doesn't want a huge party like I threw her sister, instead, she wants 10 days at the Poly because that is her "dream" resort. DH & I just looked at her. All I was thinking is, great, I can't even make up my mind on next summer's trip and she's already throwing me a curve ball for the summer after that . I turned to DH & asked, should we switch from WL to a moderate in order to start saving for the following summer's Poly trip? Both girls and DH, in sync, yelled "NO"...it was actually pretty funny but honestly, I can't help but wonder now .
Hahahaha! At least DD knows what she wants!

So, you switching to a moderate???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning lovely ladies! Hellooooo everyone.

Sheesh, I take a little break and I miss all the excitement.

Candace, o' Candace... You are flippin' hilarious. AKL sounds LOVELY! (Until it goes kaput, of course. )
It's going to be fabulous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hey Miss! I just finally canceled my BWI ressie so it looks verrrry good for us to be resort buddies!

Mousemommy - AKL I kinda hope this one sticks for you. It seems perfect. Lodge-y like the WL and yet something new.
Yes, Lodgy - like completing the lodge tour on our AP's...I think it's got a nice ring to it.

I've actually talked myself into AKL to be honest....here's the rundown...I would really like Poly or YC but I want a plain old GV room, but neither are available under the military discount right now...so, I had settled on BC...close enough, right??? But wasn't like

AKL - it's on our list....thought I would have to do SV, but as I've said before, I'm not paying an extra $500+ for a view that I am honestly going to look at once...there are tons of viewing opportunities all over the place and if we want to see the animals, they'll be there. Plus, lets not forget AKL's high incidence of upgrades (which I am not expecting, and don't care if I get, but hey, it could happen)

With the pool view room, we get less expensive accommodations with all of our desired amenities.

Go AKL!!!!

Oh, and my ticker is down into the 4 months!!!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #210
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Mousemommy1;46745651]

Hahahaha! At least DD knows what she wants!

So, you switching to a moderate???
--------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now, I'm going to keep the WL BUT I do have until February to make a switch on the pin code so I don't know.... . I do know if I make any changes, I'm not saying a word to the family...they're about to commit me

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: