DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #1
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

AKL DVC rooms

New member trying to figure this out for an upcoming trip...

savannah view rooms would be fifth floor only?
concierge rooms would be floor 6 only (with no guarantee of view)?so if you booked CL room you would not be guaranteed to get a savannah view?
jennifer in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

For the DVC rooms in AKV Jambo House only, yes.

AKV Jambo House 5th Floor Map: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

AKV Kidani Village is all DVC rooms and those are on floors 2 thru 5. Kidani Village does not have any CL rooms, those are in Jambo House only
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

I guess i should say the room i have booked is a studio-savannah view at JAMBO house. I have waitlisted a CL room and wondering on the kind of view i might get? Was hoping for savannah view still, but it does not look that way from what i have read on here...
Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
drusba

DIS Veteran

If you want to be assured of savanna view, you must reserve savanna view room. CL rooms give you CL services and a lounge but they don't give you good views of the savanna and that is true even of the ones that face a savanna, while the others overlook the pool.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

You are not guaranteed a view in the CL rooms. There are 3 savannah view and 2 pool view (lockoff 2 bedrooms that can be split).
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

That helps...i would rather have the guaranteed savannah view i think. Only really wanted to book CL so we could do the safari at AKL but the kids would more enjoy seeing all the animals from our room and i can save some points too!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
erionm
DIS Veteran

If you look at the map in the link I provided, the 6th Floor Concierge Level rooms are directly above those on the 5th floor with room numbers 5202-5209 and 5401-5406. The Concierge Lounge is above the rooms numbered 5101-5106. There are no other guest rooms on the 6th floor except for those 5 2-bedroom lock-offs.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

I see that--so those are the only club rooms on the 6th floor, those open out in the hallway there by the lounge, i recall seeing them when we stayed there 2 yrs ago on a CL cash reservation. what about on the 5th, are those rooms the only location CL rooms are?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer in canada View Post
I see that--so those are the only club rooms on the 6th floor, those open out in the hallway there by the lounge, i recall seeing them when we stayed there 2 yrs ago on a CL cash reservation. what about on the 5th, are those rooms the only location CL rooms are?
There are no Concierge level villas on the fifth floor. Only on the sixth floor. If you are staying cash through Disney Reservation Center, concierge (club) level is on the fourth floor.

How old are your kids? The Wild Africa Trek is a lot of fun (we just did it last month). A bit more pricy than the Sunrise Safari, but better in my book.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #10
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer in canada View Post
That helps...i would rather have the guaranteed savannah view i think. Only really wanted to book CL so we could do the safari at AKL but the kids would more enjoy seeing all the animals from our room and i can save some points too!
You do know that the safari is only offered on certain days. You might want to stay CL for one night so you can check it off your list.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

Kids will be 7 and 4.Our first trip was CL and hubby took DD who was 4 at the time on the safari and my son(who was not quite 2) and i met them at the park.Thought it would be nice for all of us to try it this time around.If my WL doesn't come through i think i will just leave it at the SV as we will be sure to get a good view, going to try and reserve a room in the area we were in last time, just a floor higher Kids loved seeing the animals from our balcony!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: